Two World Views

Started by james03, January 06, 2024, 10:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TradGranny

Quote from: james03 on January 06, 2024, 10:24:28 AM1.  Life sucks, and then you die.

2.  Life is a blessing, and then you go to heaven.

We are Catholic.  The Forgotten Virtue of Hope leads us to "2".
Quote from: james03 on January 06, 2024, 10:24:28 AM1.  Life sucks, and then you die.

2.  Life is a blessing, and then you go to heaven.

We are Catholic.  The Forgotten Virtue of Hope leads us to "2".

Well said. Let's aks what is behind each of these?
1. The existence of Almghty God is denied. All reality is subjective (each man has his own truth).
2. God is the alpha and the omega, the reason we exist is to know love and serve Him. Truth is objective (our opinions and feelings do not determine reality.)
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Michael on January 11, 2024, 11:09:43 PM"If there is a God, He will have to beg my forgiveness." — A phrase that was carved on the walls of a concentration camp cell during WWII by a Jewish prisoner.

God replies: "Apokatastasis. Please forgive me."
Apokatastasis i.e. Universal Salvation, including the demons, was condemned by the Church.
The carving that you quoted is a blasphemy.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

Quote from: Michael on January 11, 2024, 11:09:43 PM"If there is a God, He will have to beg my forgiveness." — A phrase that was carved on the walls of a concentration camp cell during WWII by a Jewish prisoner.

This is another Holocaust fable.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

james03

Quote"If there is a God, He will have to beg my forgiveness." — A phrase that was carved on the walls of a concentration camp cell during WWII by a Jewish prisoner.

And then the jew went to hell for blaspheming.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Greg

The worse things become in the world and the closer we get to envying the dead, the more my depression lifts.

When I see secular people panicking on Twitter about WW3 I get a little schadenfreude boost.  You could say that I am sort of feeding from others suffering.

The decades long lull where nothing much happened was the worst time for me.  Now I can see that man's earthly paradise is failing apart, as forecast, I am feeling kind of perky.

What has really surprised me is how these stupid secular fools have gone and fought and been slaughtered for a shithole like Ukraine.  I particularly enjoy the stories of the foreign fighters who go there raving about 'defending freedom' and then leave when they understand how venal the place is.  Any Ukrainian of course knows Ukraine is corrupt as hell and has been since 1991, yet they still fight.  So many humans really are idiots.  If anyone ever tries to recruit me I will play along and then frag them while they sleep.

My old boss is a Putin hating Ukrainian Jew.  He must be having a whale of a time.

Who can say the world that murdered 1 billion children doesn't deserve this and much more?

Cheer up.  You are part of God's glorious wrath.  That is something rare and wonderful.  Smile with all those aborted babies at the justice of it all.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

james03

QuoteThe worse things become in the world and the closer we get to envying the dead, the more my depression lifts.

When I see secular people panicking on Twitter about WW3 I get a little schadenfreude boost.  You could say that I am sort of feeding from others suffering.

I'm a little emotional right now.  Well done.  Spoken like a true Clanger!

That's all.  Too choked up to type anymore.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

Back on topic, when I was at my lowest, if someone had said to me: "Offer it up!!!", you can imagine my response.

During this time I rediscovered Job.

QuoteAnd he said  3 Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said: A man child is conceived  4 Let that day be turned into darkness, let not God regard it from above, and let not the light shine upon it ...

Why did I not die in the womb, why did I not perish when I came out of the belly?

And what does scripture say of Job:

QuoteIn all these things Job sinned not by his lips, nor spoke he any foolish thing against God.

And what did God Himself say?

QuoteAnd after the Lord had spoken these words to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Themanite: My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends, because you have not spoken the thing that is right before me, as my servant Job hath.

I became a stronger Catholic after reading this, because the Faith is so real.

Now ULTIMATELY, suffering, if done correctly will increase your ETERNAL reward in heaven.  And God knows this because He is already there seeing the joy you have in heaven.  And yet even though He knows this, because it is, He still does not like to see His people suffer.

QuoteJesus, therefore, when he saw her weeping, and the Jews that were come with her, weeping, groaned in the spirit, and troubled himself,  34 And said: Where have you laid him? They say to him: Lord, come and see.  35 And Jesus wept.

Even though Jesus knew that His friends were minutes away from the incredible joy of having Lazarus returned to them, He still wept at their suffering.

Greg

If you cannot offer it up learn to enjoy the pain and suffering of evil people.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Bonaventure

This type of posting will not be tolerated here.

Final warning under pain of ban.
[/i]
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."