Sin

Started by james03, November 14, 2023, 11:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

Imagine a land of lush green grass.  A few trees for shade, and a gin clear brook flowing with cool water.  In it are sheep (us) enjoying life.  And outside on the periphery are the blasted lands, devoid of water where even weeds and cacti can't grow.  Only blasted adamantine rock with flint-like sharp edges.

Sure enough we wander out into the blasted lands.  And the Lord goes out and finds us.  Fallen down, all cut up with broken legs so we can't even walk.  And He looks at us, and we follow His gaze as He turns His head back to the lush land, and then back at us, as if to say, "You idiot."  Then He picks us up and brings us back, fixing our wounds so that soon we are frolicking amongst the grass and trees once more.  And He's done this thousands of times for me.

This is our God, Who has a love so deep for us we can't even comprehend it.  You get a bare glimpse of His Love when you gaze upon a crucifix.  If you have scruples and believe God lays traps for you .... Don't.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"