Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arun

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 25, 2014, 10:15:33 PM
Quote from: Arun on January 25, 2014, 09:52:47 PM
Requiem for A Dream. timeless classic.
This is a very good movie to show older teens and young adults about the dangers of drug abuse..or more broudly abaout ALL kinds of addictions........or would be if there wasn't such violent sexual scenes. Sometimes I wish we could edit movies for ourselves.

i think that the "a to a" scene is effective precisely because of its shock effect, personally. but yeah good film.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Heinrich

I have never even heard of this movie. I guess I need to get out more.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Arun

Quote from: Heinrich on January 25, 2014, 10:55:04 PM

its been around awhile. it's on tubeplus, i think.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Heinrich on January 25, 2014, 10:55:04 PM
ts harsh but very engrossing....youll never underestimate addictions again.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Adeodatus

Quote from: Heinrich on January 25, 2014, 09:48:23 PM
Battle of the Bulge

Any good? What kind of vehicles did they use?
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

Larry

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Adeodatus on January 26, 2014, 07:51:28 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on January 25, 2014, 09:48:23 PM
Battle of the Bulge

Any good? What kind of vehicles did they use?
If its the one I saw in the 60's with Henry Fonda; they actually used real tanks; I was too young to tell you if the German tanks were authentic.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Maximilian

Hara Kiri. Available on Netflix.

Very beautiful and powerful. Also very violent and disturbing.

Mono no aware

Quote from: Maximilian on January 26, 2014, 10:48:19 PM

+1

It's an excellent film.

Habitual_Ritual

Outlander - Jim Caveizel - 2009

Decent movie, some good sfx and some ropey lookin sfx but over-all decent production qaulity.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

voxxpopulisuxx

which one? 2011...or 1919?
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Older Salt

"Pride of the Marines" with John Garfield.

Outstanding true story put to a great film
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Mono no aware

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 27, 2014, 07:05:32 AM

which one? 2011...or 1919?

The one I saw was from the 1960s.  I assumed this was the one Maximilian was referring to, but now I realize that there's a 1919 Fritz Lang movie by the same name also available on Netflix.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Older Salt on January 27, 2014, 08:48:08 AM
"Pride of the Marines" with John Garfield.

Outstanding true story put to a great film
Dawg! I saw that a long time ago; that was a great movie.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Der Kaiser

Quote from: totiusque on January 18, 2014, 10:44:50 PM
The Great Gatsby

And Rocky IV is far superior to Rocky V.  I can't believe there's even a debate about it.  That is all.

I found The DiCaprio Gatsby to be lacking.
Rocky IV is far better than V, but III is the best!
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X