Sedevacantism: Jumping the Cliff into the Universal Church of Despair

Started by mikemac, August 13, 2014, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelorum

"All men naturally desire to know, but what does knowledge avail without the fear of God? Indeed an humble peasant, that serves God, is better than a proud philosopher, who neglecting himself, considers the course of the heavens." - Thomas à Kempis, Imitation of Christ

mikemac

Quote from: LaramieHirsch on August 13, 2014, 02:29:55 PM
Oh, and thanks, mikemac, for showing this video to folks, here at SD, although the moderators here prefer this kind of thread in the I'm-a-crazy-sede folder.

I forgot about that.  Well the mods can move the thread if they like.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

mikemac

Quote from: Bernadette on August 13, 2014, 02:31:37 PM
I LOVE thispriest! There's actually a site up now that has all of his sermons available. Romans10seventeen.com? .org? Something like that.

Yeah me too.  It's Romans10seventeen.org.
http://www.romans10seventeen.org/

A lot of the sermons on Audio Sancto are by the same priest too.
http://www.audiosancto.org/
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

Source

mikemac

Quote from: Landless Laborer on August 13, 2014, 02:28:56 PM
This sermon might go down as one of the greatest and most insightful of our age.  I'm going to outline the salient points and memorize them.  Bravo Mikemac for posting it.

Yeah it's definitely worth watching.

Source

LouisIX

Quote from: LaramieHirsch on August 13, 2014, 02:27:14 PM
I never claimed to be an apologetical authority against this schizmatic ERROR.  I've only claimed to be one of the banner men against it. 

That's it, eh? 
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Mysterium Fidei

Quote from: RobertJS on August 13, 2014, 02:44:27 PM
I never claimed to be an apologetical authority against this schizmatic ERROR.

Another violation of the forum rule against dogmatic sedeplenist accustions.

Yeah, its pretty apparent the "dogmatic" rule on this forum only applies to Sedevacantists. It's been glaring for a while.

Jayne

I listened to the video and I did find it helpful, especially its message of "Stay close to Our Lady."  Everything else in this thread has been pretty pointless.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

FatherCekada

Quote from: mikemac on August 13, 2014, 12:14:40 PM
After reading LaramieHirsch's timely blog post about the persecution of Christians by ISIS in Iraq titled "Iraq: What's the Big Deal?" I read a couple more of his articles on his blog.  I thought this article titled "Sedevacantism: Jumping the Cliff into the Universal Church of Despair" could be very helpful to some members of this forum.
http://thehirschfiles.blogspot.ca/2014/07/sedevacantism-jumping-cliff-into.html

This article highlights a recent video by the well known priest that speaks on a lot of Audio Sancto sermons, which I have included below.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTmEGy-u3AY[/yt]

Well done LaramieHirsch, for both articles.

Whistling Past the Graveyard into the Incoherent Ecclesiology of FSSP/SSPX...

tmw89

Quote from: FatherCekada on August 13, 2014, 04:29:43 PM
Quote from: mikemac on August 13, 2014, 12:14:40 PM
After reading LaramieHirsch's timely blog post about the persecution of Christians by ISIS in Iraq titled "Iraq: What's the Big Deal?" I read a couple more of his articles on his blog.  I thought this article titled "Sedevacantism: Jumping the Cliff into the Universal Church of Despair" could be very helpful to some members of this forum.
http://thehirschfiles.blogspot.ca/2014/07/sedevacantism-jumping-cliff-into.html

This article highlights a recent video by the well known priest that speaks on a lot of Audio Sancto sermons, which I have included below.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTmEGy-u3AY[/yt]

Well done LaramieHirsch, for both articles.

Whistling Past the Graveyard into the Incoherent Ecclesiology of FSSP/SSPX...

Ha!  I was hoping to see you post here!

Faulty as it is, ecclesiology-wise I would think FSSP < SSPX simply out of practical concerns.

Then again, in the over-all ecclesiology of the Trad landscape, I think it stands to reason FSSP & other Conciliar-affiliateds < current SSPX < Classic SSPX & Resistance < SSPV (although I'm sure you'd dispute that last one...!)

(edited for clarity)
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

RobertJS

Quote from: Jayne on August 13, 2014, 04:27:23 PM
I listened to the video and I did find it helpful, especially its message of "Stay close to Our Lady."  Everything else in this thread has been pretty pointless.

And, if you listen to an exorcism of the devil, you will find the part helpful when the devil expresses his belief in God.

ideo mittit illis Deus operationem erroris ut credant mendacio

FatherCekada

Quote from: tmw89 on August 13, 2014, 04:46:48 PM
Ha!  I was hoping to see you post here!

Couldn't resist, alas!

Quote from: tmw89 on August 13, 2014, 04:46:48 PM
Faulty as it is, ecclesiology-wise I would think FSSP < SSPX simply out of practical concerns.

A poem we learned in freshman year in the minor seminary would seem to fit in nicely here:

Theoria sine praxi
est currus sine axi,
sed praxi sine theoria
est asinus stans in via!

Theory without practice
is a chariot without wheels,
but practice without theory
is an ass standing in your way.  :)

On a more serious note, ecclesiology is everything, tmw!

Bishop Sanborn wrote a very important and objective article on the topic in 1991, Resistance and Indefectibility, which you can find here:

http://www.traditionalmass.org/articles/article.php?id=21&catname=10

I recommend you give it a careful read.

God bless you!

Roland Deschain2

Not very impressed.

What I learned:

A true shepherd has a mission from the Church and is orthodox......so where does that leave Francis?

Apparently Vatican II did spawn a new Church which is different than what came before and will never exist again so.....get in line and march along.

Comparisons to abandoning our LORD at the crucifixion without actually addressing the theological underpinnings of the current response to the crisis that sedevacantists present.

What will the arguments be if, after the upcoming synod, the "Church" officially changes it teaching on divorced and remarried Catholics receiving the sacraments?
"To our personal enemies, according to Christ's commandment, we must forgive everything; but with the enemies of God we cannot have peace!"- Archbishop Averky

"Life is a play in which for a short time one man represents a judge, another a general, and so on; after the play no further account is made of the dignity which each one had."- St John Chrysostom

LouisIX

Quote from: Mysterium Fidei on August 13, 2014, 03:52:48 PM

Yeah, its pretty apparent the "dogmatic" rule on this forum only applies to Sedevacantists. It's been glaring for a while.

Actually, that's not true.  If it seems that way it is simply because we see many more sedes making "dogmatic" posts than SSPXers or diocesan trads.  Just because Laramie's post hasn't been disciplined yet does not mean that it will not be.  The mods here take time to discuss potentially problematic posts in an attempt to make the best forum possible.  IF you think a post breaks forum rules then you should report it.  It does not help us see it if you merely complain about it in the thread.

Anyway, if you don't like the rules or how they are enforced, you are not forced to stay here, you know?  This is a sedeplenist forum with a great tolerance for sedevacantism.  It seems that people often forget this.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Mysterium Fidei

Quote from: Roland Deschain2 on August 13, 2014, 05:18:33 PM

What will the arguments be if, after the upcoming synod, the "Church" officially changes it teaching on divorced and remarried Catholics receiving the sacraments?

I don't think the Modernists running the Conciliar religion will do that. They would never be that overt to officially change established teaching. They will say that nothing has changed and that the Church absolutely upholds the indissolubility and sanctity of marriage. However, the Church must show" mercy" and She must take a more "pastoral" approach to those in these difficult situations and that they must be examined on a case by case basis.

Basically, I think Francis is going to delegate to Bishops or even individual Priests to allow those divorced and remarried outside the Church to receive Holy Communion.

RobertJS

Quote from: LouisIX on August 13, 2014, 05:41:27 PM
Quote from: Mysterium Fidei on August 13, 2014, 03:52:48 PM

Actually, that's not true.  If it seems that way it is simply because we see many more sedes making "dogmatic" posts than SSPXers or diocesan trads.

Anyway, if you don't like the rules or how they are enforced, you are not forced to stay here, you know?  This is a sedeplenist forum with a great tolerance for sedevacantism.  It seems that people often forget this.

It's a clarification of the rules. Would it be allowable here for any sedevacantist to claim the SSPX position is theologically impossible? Theologically impossible always means dangerous.

ideo mittit illis Deus operationem erroris ut credant mendacio