Books on charity with a Thomistic basis?

Started by Kaesekopf, June 21, 2023, 10:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

I'm currently reading a book on the seven gifts of the Holy Ghost ("The seven horns of the lamb: A study of the gifts based on Saint Thomas Aquinas" by Fr Brennan, OP) and I am wondering if anyone knows of other books along the same lines (a book based on Aquinas) that deals with caritas/charity/love (the theological virtue)?

I did a brief Google search and wasn't able to find anything that great.  Figured I'd throw it out to y'all and see what pops out.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Acolyte

The Thomistic Institute has some videos on charity.

As for books, you could send an email to Friar Lew over on New Liturgical Movement and ask.
llew@newliturgicalmovement.org
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III