Our Lady of Lourdes Novena begins today!

Started by Kaesekopf, February 02, 2016, 08:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

dymphna17

You know, even though I thought of it when I said the novena prayer yesterday morning and we went out and did something special, it just didn't stick in my brain as to the special day that it was.  That really stinks.   :(  I'll have to think of something special to do to make it up to Our Lady.  Did any of you do anything special?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 12, 2018, 07:48:48 PM
You know, even though I thought of it when I said the novena prayer yesterday morning and we went out and did something special, it just didn't stick in my brain as to the special day that it was.  That really stinks.   :(  I'll have to think of something special to do to make it up to Our Lady.  Did any of you do anything special?

unfortunately not  :-\  And,  I completely dropped the ball on the novena about halfway through  :(  I have phases where I do a really good job of honoring feast days and following the liturgical calendar closely.  But here lately,  it has not been one of those phases! 

Kaesekopf

I actually, for once, made a whole novena all 9 days (slight exaggeration, but still).

I visited a local Lourdes grotto.  Picture attached.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 12, 2018, 11:26:20 PM
I actually, for once, made a whole novena all 9 days (slight exaggeration, but still).

I visited a local Lourdes grotto.  Picture attached.

I'm glad atleast one of us carried the torch.  Thanks, Kaesekopf!

PerEvangelicaDicta

Thank you, dear SD OLOL devotional group, for your prayers.  My family's novena was offered for your intentions also.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19