Embarrassed to Be Irish? Then Prepare to Be Nothing

Started by Vetus Ordo, August 17, 2019, 08:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prayerful

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on August 21, 2019, 03:56:18 PM
Quote from: diaduit on August 21, 2019, 03:11:10 PM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on August 21, 2019, 02:00:39 PM
Let's see now. I do know about the two factions of Irish. You've got the Shanty and the Lace Curtain. The only difference, as far as I can tell, is that the Lace Curtain Irishman will move the dishes out of the way as he pisses in the sink. The only reason so many priests came from there is due to Paddy getting a free education and if a father couldn't marry off a daughter he could always send her to the nunnery. Kind of like Africa today. But with a lot less class. That's for sure.

The Irish wrecked the Church. Period. End of story. And the police forces, hangers on at fire departments, and always with their hand out for patronage jobs vis a vis City Hall. So to hell with their national identity.

And they should be embarrassed. I would be ashamed if I were Irish.

póg mo hóin

Ironically, most Irish won't understand that insult without Google translate.

Not correct. The meaning of the phrase universally known in this country. You won't find what something in Irish means with Google Translate. Its utterly appalling for translating Irish. It gives so many dubious, useless results.

Duolingo for Irish isn't bad, but isn't great. Some translation from English to Irish have some dubious phrasing for the correct answer. Still, it is something to look at.

The Indian homosexual doesn't even have an electoral mandate as the Taoiseach who performed indifferently in the General Election resigned, but Brexit is an ideal pretext for the main opposition party and its colourless leader Michéal Martin to avoid a General Election with the 'confidence and supply' deal. Its leader supported the abortion vote in defiance of his Party, and is surely content it was manipulated so efficiently. And all cheered on by the dying legacy media, which includes the worthless and inefficient RTÉ state broadcaster.  It was helped too by pathetic and weak Irish bishops. At least Francis could then comfortably visit, Ireland having legalised abortion. 
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.