Members You Wish Would Come Back

Started by Bonaventure, August 15, 2023, 11:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

Quote from: dellery on August 22, 2023, 03:13:37 PMI posted some bitchy screed about hating Trads, nothing important or to regret missing. That Atlantic article kind of screwed me. Nonetheless, it's probably emotional and mental weakness, but I still have a special affection for SD and those that post here as well as all Traditional Catholics. I really wish the Traditionalist Catholic movement would get its head out of its own ass and synchronize its actions/behavior with its sincerely held beliefs.

Keep your head up. This place is still here for you.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Acolyte

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

drummerboy

Where did Chestertonian go to?  I hope he is well
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Chestertonian

Quote from: drummerboy on August 25, 2023, 09:31:09 AMWhere did Chestertonian go to?  I hope he is well
I still read the forum but don't have time to get involved in debating and such like I used to.  I had a somewhat successful bone marrow transplant and now have a part time job from home.
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Heinrich

Quote from: Baylee on August 22, 2023, 02:38:59 PMI don't think he technically left, but I wish Goldfinch would start posting more regularly again.

Goldfinch is Vetus. He and that sycophant lady who always ups his posts get a chuckle about playing games as alter posters.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Baylee

Quote from: Heinrich on August 29, 2023, 06:45:55 AM
Quote from: Baylee on August 22, 2023, 02:38:59 PMI don't think he technically left, but I wish Goldfinch would start posting more regularly again.

Goldfinch is Vetus. He and that sycophant lady who always ups his posts get a chuckle about playing games as alter posters.

I thought that was his wife.  I doubt Goldfinch has sock puppet accounts.  An accusation like that requires proof.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Baylee on August 29, 2023, 07:29:50 AM

I thought that was his wife.  I doubt Goldfinch has sock puppet accounts.  An accusation like that requires proof.

You realize you're talking to Heinrich, right?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

drummerboy

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 29, 2023, 06:23:16 AM
Quote from: drummerboy on August 25, 2023, 09:31:09 AMWhere did Chestertonian go to?  I hope he is well
I still read the forum but don't have time to get involved in debating and such like I used to.  I had a somewhat successful bone marrow transplant and now have a part time job from home.

Glad to hear you're alright! God bless
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 29, 2023, 06:23:16 AM
This is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you, Ches.
My Lord and my God.

Baylee

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 29, 2023, 07:50:34 AM

You realize you're talking to Heinrich, right?

I'm not too familiar with Heinrich, but I noticed you liked his post. Do you agree with him?  If so, why post this to me?

awkward customer

Quote from: Baylee on August 29, 2023, 08:35:10 AMI'm not too familiar with Heinrich .....

Heinrich has a light-hearted, semi-ironic take on things.

Meanwhile, does anyone remember a poster called Per Evangelica dicta?

Heinrich

I have made this accusation before when they were active. Directly. There was no contention.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bonaventure

I thought that was his wife.

They never provided any proof or explanation.

O'Neill correctly called out their scandalous situation as "Fleur" had previously and publicly posted that she were married with children.

Joao went apeshit and started a campaign against the Forum Owner.

That angered me because Joao stated to the Owner "what if someone said this about your wife."

I called that out because I personally witnessed the solemn high nuptial Mass where the Forum Owner got married.

Goldfinch/Vetus/Joao has never provided any such proof and appears to be in a Quis/Vox situation.

That appears to be commonplace on "trad" fora.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Miriam_M

Wait.  I'm quite confused.  Vetus and Fleur were not married?

Bonaventure

Quote from: Miriam_M on August 29, 2023, 09:55:10 AMWait.  I'm quite confused.  Vetus and Fleur were not married?

We don't know.