What are you sipping RIGHT NOW?

Started by tmw89, January 02, 2013, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

You are not what they say, Laus. You are bright funny and interesting. And wise enough to join us on GOOD MORNING and GO TO BED. Bernadette and I appreciate you popping your head in. And the cat...looks nice on you. Really, it does. Too bad it's not yours! And absolutely right about not judging. My dog doesn't judge me. He doesn't care how my hair looks and never gets on me about putting on a few pounds.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

LausTibiChriste

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Carleendiane

Coffee in the good morning thread.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Hat And Beard

Slowly learning that if I drink cheap(but not nasty) most of the time, I can afford better wines for special occasions.

Hannelore

Champurrado. 3rd time's the charm: I've got it down pat, now.  :beer:
My Lord and my God.

MilesChristi

Bacardi...watching the Berkeley protest go down
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

LausTibiChriste

Barolo.

You Italians make good wine

- MaximGun

Hat And Beard

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on February 01, 2017, 11:57:56 PM
Barolo.

You Italians make good wine
I've got 2 bottles in my closet right now. Big wine night planned for next Tuesday. La dolce vita.

Heinrich

It be ice cold here in CO. Thus, a perfect night for an Italian supper with Sobieski vodka on the rocks.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Hannelore

"Haymakers' Punch" (also known as "Prairie Cocktail" ). :lol: It's a non-alcoholic beverage made from water, ginger, molasses, vinegar, sugar, and other ingredients (in this case, apple juice and lemon juice), traditionally served to farm laborers engaged in hot, thirsty work (such as haymaking, harvesting, or fire-fighting). Tasty, and appealing to my love of Prairie history. ;)
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Bernadette on February 08, 2017, 05:45:49 PM
"Haymakers' Punch" (also known as "Prairie Cocktail" ). :lol: It's a non-alcoholic beverage

Interest waning....

- MaximGun

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.