Touch-Typing Speed Test

Started by Ben, February 10, 2013, 01:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

I've recently begun touch typing and I'm liking it. Go here and take the test: http://typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/

I'm curious how well my best score (thus far) holds up against others here. Please post a snapshot.

For those interested in live competition, sign up at this website: http://play.typeracer.com/

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Ben

So far, so good. I think Paeniteo is a good typist. I'm interested in seeing his score.

You should know that I use that website a lot, so perhaps familiarity gives me an edge.

I hope ggreg looks at this and sees that I'm already a decent touch typist after only a short time. It shows initiative on my part. Always looking to improve myself and make myself valuable to potential employers.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Ben on February 10, 2013, 02:33:33 AM
So far, so good. I think Paeniteo is a good typist. I'm interested in seeing his score.
I also have Raynaud's disease and typing is difficult at the moment (cold in the house).

However, I just did a quick go, and I got:

Raw CPM: 417, Corrected CPM 417, WPM 83

That is my general "distracted/compromised" typing speed.

When I have some more blood in my fingers, I'll give it another go.

You should know that I use that website a lot, so perhaps familiarity gives me an edge.
I never used it before and I do not use such applications.

Typing speed of touch typists is mainly based on the individual nervous system. Most touch typists do not type as fast as one would think.

I hope ggreg looks at this and sees that I'm already a decent touch typist after only a short time. It shows initiative on my part. Always looking to improve myself and make myself valuable to potential employers.

I do not understand this reference, but learning to touch type is a good thing, as that is how one is supposed to type.

I learned to touch type in Dvorak too...but I do not use it enough to get much speed. But it is fast enough to call touch typing.

Ben

Quote from: Pæniteo on February 10, 2013, 02:51:00 AM
Quote from: Ben on February 10, 2013, 02:33:33 AM
I also have Raynaud's disease and typing is difficult at the moment (cold in the house).

However, I just did a quick go, and I got:

Raw CPM: 417, Corrected CPM 417, WPM 83

That is my general "distracted/compromised" typing speed.

When I have some more blood in my fingers, I'll give it another go.

Impressive! Look forward to seeing your non-distracted score. And post a snapshot next time.

Irenaeus G. Saintonge

Uh oh. Now I look like a freak. :P

Your score: 463 CPM (that is 93 WPM)

Your score beats or equals 97.07% of all!

In reality, you typed 481 CPM, but you made 3 mistakes (out of 87 words), which were not counted in the corrected CPM score.

Your mistakes were:

Instead of "measure", you typed "meaure".
Instead of "most", you typed "monst".
Instead of "plain", you typed "plan".
"This is that disciple who giveth testimony of these things, and hath written these things; and we know that his testimony is true. "
Jn:21:24

????????????

Ben

Ben

Quote from: Irenaeus G. Saintonge on February 10, 2013, 02:58:49 AM

In reality, you typed 481 CPM, but you made 3 mistakes (out of 87 words), which were not counted in the corrected CPM score.

Your mistakes were:

Wow! Tell me how you learned to type.

Two people in a row haven't posted snapshots.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Ben on February 10, 2013, 03:00:00 AM
Your fingers look like these?

Sometimes, yes, although, individual appearance will vary according.

When I typed that, I had restricted bloodflow and it would have looked more like the first image (upper left). But not all fingers were like that.

Ben

For those interested in live competition, sign up at this website: http://play.typeracer.com/

Irenaeus G. Saintonge

Quote from: Ben on February 10, 2013, 03:00:32 AM

Your mistakes were:

Self-taught, and my 'technique' is atrocious. :P I will grab a screenshot for you; one second.
"This is that disciple who giveth testimony of these things, and hath written these things; and we know that his testimony is true. "

????????????

Ben

Quote from: Pæniteo on February 10, 2013, 03:01:36 AM
Quote from: Ben on February 10, 2013, 03:00:00 AM
Your fingers look like these?

Sometimes, yes, although, individual appearance will vary according.

When I typed that, I had restricted bloodflow and it would have looked more like the first image (upper left). But not all fingers were like that.

It's like frostbite without frostbite. The blues ones.

When did you start touch typing, and do you notice your typing skills improving with age?

Irenaeus G. Saintonge

????????????

Ben

Quote from: Irenaeus G. Saintonge on February 10, 2013, 03:03:45 AM
Quote from: Ben on February 10, 2013, 03:00:32 AM

Your mistakes were:

Self-taught, and my 'technique' is atrocious. :P I will grab a screenshot for you; one second.

This guy is very good: http://seanwrona.com/typing.php

He has top scores on this site: http://play.typeracer.com/

And he says that he will use whichever finger is closest to the key he wants, even if it's not the finger that is supposed to be used.