Header disappearing in MS Word.

Started by aquinas138, November 12, 2016, 11:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquinas138

So I'm ready to hurl my laptop across the room. I have a document (a book) broken into 30 sections. Each section has its own set of headers (different first page, different odd/even). None are linked to the others. Anyway, in just one section, I have a header that I can see when I click in the header area, and I can modify it without issue, but whenever I close the header area, it disappears in Print View, and it does not print. The headers display and print correctly in every other section. The margins are the same, no weird non-printing characters I see, so I have to confess to being a bit baffled. Even when I link this section's headers to the previous section, I get the same problem. Any thoughts? I'm running Word for Mac 2016.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.