My first daughter!

Started by Gardener, September 18, 2018, 08:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Gardener on September 18, 2018, 10:07:21 PM
36 weeks and 6 days. Missed not having to rotate through NICU by 5 hours (mandatory if born before 37 weeks in CO)

Really?  I would have thought such requirements would be based on weight at birth or some other physical standard.

Congratulations.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Gardener

Quote from: Jacob on September 22, 2018, 09:05:41 AM
Quote from: Gardener on September 18, 2018, 10:07:21 PM
36 weeks and 6 days. Missed not having to rotate through NICU by 5 hours (mandatory if born before 37 weeks in CO)

Really?  I would have thought such requirements would be based on weight at birth or some other physical standard.

Congratulations.

Colorado law or reg or rule or something. The reason is late pre-term are inconsistent in their ability to regulate things like temp, oxygen, etc., especially here at altitude.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Gardener on September 20, 2018, 11:29:02 AM
The boys like her so far. Dominic is very into her and Eamon is curious and likes looking at her.

She is recovering fairly well.

Genevieve is latching, but has a tongue tie we need to get fixed, as she is not getting as much milk as she could, so my wife has to finish her with a bottle.

The part of "The boys like her so far"  ;D sounds adorable.
It seems that Dominic is more into her since he has experience with a new baby in the family, while Eamon is probably wondering "what is going on?"
I have always wondered what babies think when more babies arrive.  I hope that Mommy is able to get some rest. And that Genevieve is thriving.  :pray3: God Bless.

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on September 21, 2018, 11:03:12 PM
and always invited, really.

Marksheffel heading south this Saturday:

[yt][/yt]
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

I'll be working Saturday. Depending on the day, that isn't an inaccurate description of that road, though.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

james03

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 24, 2018, 09:29:32 PM
Quote from: Gardener on September 20, 2018, 11:29:02 AM
The boys like her so far. Dominic is very into her and Eamon is curious and likes looking at her.

She is recovering fairly well.

Genevieve is latching, but has a tongue tie we need to get fixed, as she is not getting as much milk as she could, so my wife has to finish her with a bottle.

The part of "The boys like her so far"  ;D sounds adorable.
It seems that Dominic is more into her since he has experience with a new baby in the family, while Eamon is probably wondering "what is going on?"
I have always wondered what babies think when more babies arrive.  I hope that Mommy is able to get some rest. And that Genevieve is thriving.  :pray3: God Bless.

Dear Gardener,

Feel free to post a video of when you introduced baby Genevieve to her big brothers, like you did with Eamon & Dominic  ;)
I am sure the reaction was priceless. Or a picture of her Baptism. God bless.

:pray2: :pray3:

Gardener

Video of their meeting her wasn't great. Too much other stuff going on compared to the last one. I have pics of the Baptism, but I need to redact faces since I have not sought those persons' permission for placing such pictures online with their face identifiable.