Normandt' Catholic Meditations

Started by Normandt, September 20, 2020, 12:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normandt

356. Let's sow peace

Jesus said to the disciples and Apostles:
"As you enter a house, wish it peace. If the house is worthy, let your peace come upon it; if not, let your peace return to you." Matthew, chapter 10, verses 12 to 13

This affirmation of Jesus, "Let your peace return to you," is twice comforting and once disappointing.

It's twice comforting because it guarantees us that the peace we offer will bring Jesus's peace to the person who receives it. It's nice to know that when we do good, it transforms people. This brings us joy and that's the second comforting.
Peace, joy, hope, love and the other goods that God offers are free and they are to share with great deployment. The world is improving day by day with those graces received from God.

What is disappointing is that it's possible that people do not want it. Hard to believe that a person would refuse God's graces. But that seems possible. We will find it painful for this person.

The grace of God will not be lost since it's already there. If what we offer comes from God and not from us, and if the person refuses the graces, we're sure not to lose peace. It's a sign that we're working with Jesus and not for our own sake to add a number of conversions to our acquisition rather than giving to the person their freedom and responsibility to choose. God leaves him his freedom and his responsibility, we must also leave it to him.

Let's pray for him and give him to Jesus. Let's continue the road with the Trinity in search of interested souls who ask for a little push, a small encouragement of sweetness and accompaniment.

Book: Up! Let's go!
Normand Thomas
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

357. Implementation of the mission

The saints sometimes had to leave a lot, they had to deprive themselves of the "well-being" that they had acquired and they started following Jesus. They agree to let their person be formed, to change their rules of conduct. They let themselves be led by Jesus. They remain the same, but they improve inside, when they accept the Lord's presence. From the outside, we will be able to perceive the light of God, especially in their eyes.

Some will say that they let themselves be led by the ear. With God, this is never the case. When the saints follow Love, it's easy to be attracted and to adhere freely. They follow the Shepherd to the enclosure of peace. Paul states:
"I, then, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live in a manner worthy of the call you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love, striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace". Ephesians, chapter 4, verses 1 to 3

Let's place our interests in something lasting, in the Heart of Jesus. Let's set ourselves the task of bringing our interest received from the Lord to as many people as possible, so that our heavenly bank-building spiritual capital increases.

The more we find people who walk and pray with us, the more we'll increase our chances of remaining firmly anchored in Christ. Let's evangelize to receive from God and receive from others and evangelize ... again.

The evangelists realized their evangelization by writing, painters by painting. And us? What will be the defect that we can transform or the quality, by the grace of God, which will be used as a springboard of holiness for us and for our neighbor?

May we offer our failings to Jesus and he will come and have a meal with us. He will then entrust us with the grace to watch over his flock.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

358. The best possible intentions

The first condition for the evangelizer, after a sincere encounter with Christ, is to put one step in front of the other and to go forward, to place one word after the other, in the best possible intentions, and to share them is to use one's arms and legs, one's heart to reach and embrace the hearts of others.

The idea here is crystal clear. This sentence of Paul is a reminder of his meeting with the Lord and the precise moment when he decided to train for the mission and to evangelize: "The Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the proclamation might be completed and all the Gentiles might hear it".

We're invited to the same evangelization as Paul, by who we are and where we are. It takes "me", "us", with the evangelizers, with Jesus.

The Holy Spirit promises to help us, after our agreement and the decision to walk, to offer us his strength to proclaim the Gospel everywhere and "all the Gentiles might hear it". It's major. The decision to evangelize allows God's action to unfold within us and to assist us. We will observe and feel the difference.

The decision to evangelize will prepare us to receive what we need for the journey of evangelization. Let's be evangelized by God, then let him evangelize from our heart.

Let's feel what is said here:
"Lord, I am your servant, the child of your maidservant; you have loosed my bonds. I will offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people, in the courts of the house of the Lord, in your midst, O Jerusalem. Hallelujah!" Psalm 116, verses 16 to 19

In the church and in the world, I will give thanks to the Lord by telling his wonders. Let's become servants of the Word of God and let's go, and evangelize!

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

359. As sweet as lambs

The setting in motion to evangelize will become strength and salvation of God, with God.

Jesus tells us to pray:
"The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest." Luke, chapter 10, verse 2

The two quotes are one. Let's pray to the Trinity and act. Since the following sentence is:
"Go on your way; behold, I am sending you like lambs among wolves." Luke, chapter 10, verse 3

We seem to have nothing at first, but we have the Lord; we have everything. Let's not be afraid to challenge gently, with respect and charity and many wolves will become as sweet as lambs again.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

360. The effects of grace

Paul informs us:
"Working together, then, we appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain." 2 Corinthians, chapter 6, verse 1

It's never a waste of time to spend time with God, especially if we know how to discover Jesus and recognize the manifestations of God's Love in the hearts of others. The grace of God is found in a contact with other people.

The most beautiful mission is the works with God. We sometimes think that spending time with God keeps us away from precious time with our family. But, we can easily unite both. This will improve the lives of everyone in the family without adding pressure. It's possible to always live with God, whatever we do. Our journey will be filled with wisdom and meaning.

Every moment of our life can be transformed into thanksgiving when God is present in our activities, as in restful moments. Our entire life can bear witness to the presence of God.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

361. Naturally

A testimony isn't only when we tell about our conversion, but also when we live naturally with Jesus. This is what Jesus proposes in his speech on the mountain:
"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil.'" Matthew, chapter 5, verses 38 to 39

Often, our attitude testifies to the presence of Christ in us. We try our best not to react to hatred by hate, evil by evil. By not responding to evil with evil, we will help people to walk in faith.

May the Lord, through his Word, continue to be, with our agreement, the light that guides our steps and illuminates the road.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

362. The different intersections

Paul is familiar with us, he is also a brother in faith with Titus, so much so that he confides freely, simply. He tells him and to us too:
"He [God] revealed his word in the proclamation with which I was entrusted by the command of God our saviour." Titus, chapter 1, verse 3

Paul mentions to Titus the proclamation of the Gospel entrusted to him. The mission, lived faith, begins with the meditation of the Word and then with the Eucharist. The mission is transformed into evangelization by shared faith, by the invitation to share at the crossroad.

The crossroad is the place of the encounter of faith with another believer or not. This crossroad encounter of faith is where we meet a person and we share faith spontaneously, without waiting in return. We sow. Then we leave it up to the Lord to continue to increase faith in the person we met.

This doesn't necessarily mean the crossroad on street corners, though the idea is good, but also the crossroad of our families, our friends, at the crossroad with people in class, at work or in leisure time, in other parts of the city, everywhere and for all.

Book: Here, where we are
Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

363. Let's listen with charity

When we walk, we notice that there's always somewhere, often when we don't expect it, a person who challenges us with a disconcerting question. Our first reaction would be to turn our defences on.

If these are people we meet again and, for the moment, we have no answer to their question, we can say, "I hear your question and will come back to you about it later." It can take a week, a month, six months, but when we have the answer of a competent person, we can come back with an answer.

For example, someone tells us, "Why go to church?" Instead of highlighting defensive responses, let's take time to think about it, find an answer, and then come back with the person. His question, he will have it again. The listening and the welcome that we realize is a mission. The answer we give, if it's appropriate and can allow the person to walk, is evangelization.

May Jesus increase in us the faith to the point of becoming like trees letting themselves be rocked by the wind and let go their fruits. Let's offer the fruits of faith at the crossroad of those who gather them.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

365. It could look like this

Jesus seems to be more severe than Paul, when he speaks to some people:
"Woe to you, scribes and pharisees, you hypocrites. You lock the kingdom of heaven before human beings." Matthew, chapter 23, verse 13

Jesus doesn't say, "I will make you unhappy," but if we follow his reasoning well, it could look like this: "You will become unhappy, since you do not open your heart to the presence of God and for that reason you don't allow others to go through the door of the Kingdom of Heaven. You don't offer them an opening.

You do not allow them to feed themselves. They are waiting at the door and you're not talking about Jesus, the Love of God, the importance of being united to the Trinity."

Let's continue to let Jesus enter our hearts so that he can touch the hearts of others. May Jesus pass totally into our lives, then into the heart of who seeks him.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.