Started Book 3

Started by james03, April 13, 2024, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

I've started book 3.  I purchased my notebook, have the outline, and now I'm taking my notes.

The subject will be a take down of Ayn Rand.  The book will have 2 sections, the first a polemic against Rand's errors, and the second a take down of Atheism in general, with an emphasis on presenting arguments that non-philosophers will understand and can use to help them convert godless heathens.

The polemic will be from the Right.  It definitely will not be "Rand was Mean!!!", as she likely wasn't mean enough.  The argument will concentrate on contradictions and hidden assumptions embedded in her philosophy.  Aristotle and atheism don't mix.

This is going to take a year, or maybe longer.  I'm going to have to go through all of Atlas Shrugged and hand type the pertinent sections which contain the errors.

On top of that, I generally write in spurts, burn out my brain, and then enter a dark depression, which must be medicated with large quantities of nicotine, along with coffee and alcohol.  After the brain recovers, then I hit it again.

Anyhow I'm writing this to motivate me.  I've posted it, so now I'm obliged to deliver.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

LausTibiChriste

Thought this was a cheeky reference to WW3 starting tonight
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Michael Wilson

Alright James!
But A.R. Is really just a Libertarian icon; why the time and effort on her?
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

james03

A couple of reasons. First I recently read Atlas Shrugged. I noticed more than ever the philosophical illiteracy, which pissed me off. Second, all of my books deal with attacks on the Faith which I don't think have been dealt with thoroughly enough. Finally, the book is really going to be against atheism, especially on the Right. Rand is a good starting point.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Melkor

Quote from: james03 on April 13, 2024, 02:10:43 PMwhich must be medicated with large quantities of nicotine, along with coffee and alcohol. 

Anyhow I'm writing this to motivate me.  I've posted it, so now I'm obliged to deliver.

Lemme guess; Cope LC, black coffee, and IPA. A real man's man eh James.

I bought your redpill book, it was excellent and I maybe should read it again as my new job has me making nice money but getting a bit fat. Need some motivation, just like you. (No haven't found that cutie who will cook me breakfast in high heels yet  ;D ). Anyhow, so this new book will be a must buy for me though I hafta say not really a fan of economics so I will likely never buy your finance book, but who knows.

Sidenote have you ever tried Stokers Natural? Pretty sweet dip especially for the price.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

TradGranny

Quote from: james03 on April 13, 2024, 02:10:43 PMI've started book 3.  I purchased my notebook, have the outline, and now I'm taking my notes.

The subject will be a take down of Ayn Rand.  The book will have 2 sections, the first a polemic against Rand's errors, and the second a take down of Atheism in general, with an emphasis on presenting arguments that non-philosophers will understand and can use to help them convert godless heathens.

The polemic will be from the Right.  It definitely will not be "Rand was Mean!!!", as she likely wasn't mean enough.  The argument will concentrate on contradictions and hidden assumptions embedded in her philosophy.  Aristotle and atheism don't mix.

This is going to take a year, or maybe longer.  I'm going to have to go through all of Atlas Shrugged and hand type the pertinent sections which contain the errors.

On top of that, I generally write in spurts, burn out my brain, and then enter a dark depression, which must be medicated with large quantities of nicotine, along with coffee and alcohol.  After the brain recovers, then I hit it again.

You may enjoy the EWTN program (Philosophers something is the title) which has a lively imagined discussion between Ayn Rand and Flannery O'Connor.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Stu Cool

Can you post the links to your other two books?

james03

QuoteLemme guess; Cope LC, black coffee, and IPA.

Close.  Substitute Bellhaven Black Scottish Stout.

james03

Melkor

Quote from: james03 on April 15, 2024, 08:00:26 AM

Dammit lol.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Melkor on April 15, 2024, 10:51:46 AM
Quote from: james03 on April 15, 2024, 08:00:26 AM

Dammit lol.

I like an IPA every now and then, but I have no problem admitting it:

When I hear "IPA", I don't think "man's man."  I think "man bun."
this page left intentionally blank