Judgement Day

Started by Joanwalsingham, August 12, 2018, 11:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanwalsingham

Just a question

We're told our bodies are raised back to life on judgement day, how does it work with all the babies that are aborted/ lost through
miscarriage etc?

Surely they won't be judged because there is nothing to judge them for?

diaduit

I heard once from my mum, on the final judgement our bodies are raised up and join our soul. Our Lord died aged 33 and so our bodies would be as if we were 33 too.
Could be rubbish but just saying what I heard

LausTibiChriste

Not rubbish. That is, if I'm not mistaken, the general consensus of the saints and theologians.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

GloriaPatri

Quote from: Joanwalsingham on August 12, 2018, 11:49:32 AM
Just a question

We're told our bodies are raised back to life on judgement day, how does it work with all the babies that are aborted/ lost through
miscarriage etc?

Surely they won't be judged because there is nothing to judge them for?

The Church's teaching is that unbaptized babies are consigned to limbo (since they have original sin). But I'm not sure if any theologian has ventured to speculate about their fate post-Second Coming/Last Judgement.

Livenotonevil

Matthew 19:26

If God created mankind once, I'm sure He can reform you again.
May God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to be a Temple of the Holy Spirit.

Daniel

I think that the general judgement is nothing more than the general announcement to every man of every other man's particular judgement. Unbaptized infants have already been judged and condemned. Not for their sins (as you point out, they have no personal sin), but on account of Adam's sin. So they will rise again along with everyone else, and their bodies will go to hell (or "limbo" if you want to call it that) to join in the punishment (or lack thereof) of their souls.

As for the bodies, nobody knows how it will happen exactly. But it will happen.

Miriam_M

Quote from: diaduit on August 12, 2018, 01:37:58 PM
I heard once from my mum, on the final judgement our bodies are raised up and join our soul. Our Lord died aged 33 and so our bodies would be as if we were 33 too.

This is the Traditional view, so I don't know why you would think it might be "rubbish."

Cantarella

I believe the age in body glorification differs between male and female.

For men, 33 years old would be an ideal age, so it makes sense.

For women, the age of Our Lady Mary (around the time of the Angelic Salutation) would be the perfect age.
If anyone says that true and natural water is not necessary for baptism and thus twists into some metaphor the words of our Lord Jesus Christ" Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit" (Jn 3:5) let him be anathema.

Gardener

I was kinda chubby at 33. I'd prefer post-Keto 34. :D
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

PerEvangelicaDicta

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Miriam_M

Quote from: Cantarella on August 12, 2018, 08:50:37 PM

For women, the age of Our Lady Mary (around the time of the Angelic Salutation) would be the perfect age.

Awesome.  But I would prefer age 16 to age 13.

John Lamb

Quote from: Miriam_M on August 13, 2018, 01:48:31 AM

Some women's bodies have just about fully developed by the age of 13 already, whereas some haven't until I suppose as late as 18.

The point is though that we won't be brought back at "age 33" or "age 13" or any specific "age", because in the next world there is no "age" or ageing as we know it now. We will be resurrected in our own bodies in their most perfectly mature and healthy state. None of the defects either of bodily immaturity (puberty / pre-pubescene) or of ageing past maturity will be present. If men in general really are in their best physical state at 33, and women at 13 or 16, then that's how we will appear, but I doubt we'll think of it in those terms any more.
"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

Sempronius

Quote from: John Lamb on August 13, 2018, 01:59:15 AM
Quote from: Miriam_M on August 13, 2018, 01:48:31 AM

Some women's bodies have just about fully developed by the age of 13 already, whereas some haven't until I suppose as late as 18.

The point is though that we won't be brought back at "age 33" or "age 13" or any specific "age", because in the next world there is no "age" or ageing as we know it now. We will be resurrected in our own bodies in their most perfectly mature and healthy state. None of the defects either of bodily immaturity (puberty / pre-pubescene) or of ageing past maturity will be present. If men in general really are in their best physical state at 33, and women at 13 or 16, then that's how we will appear, but I doubt we'll think of it in those terms any more.

Thats reassuring, because I'm starting to have grey hair and I'm not even 30 yet

awkwardcustomer

I believe the age in body glorification differs between male and female.

For men, 33 years old would be an ideal age, so it makes sense.

Is this the traditional view?

13 year old women and 33 year old men - for all eternity.

Sounds awful.

I hope you're wrong, and strongly suspect that you are.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

diaduit

Quote from: Miriam_M on August 12, 2018, 07:18:12 PM

This is the Traditional view, so I don't know why you would think it might be "rubbish."

Because a lot of my 'catechism' is word of mouth instead of 'reading' unfortunately.  My mother also spoke of Churching of the woman with baptism as being a cleansing of carrying original sin ie the baby, I was corrected here quite rightly too by a poster and he said it was nothing more than a thanksgiving prayer.  Since then I read the prayer and he was perfectly correct.
I added it as a 'just in case'  :P :P