Author Topic: "Hey whites!" ...from the Ferguson kids  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Aquila

• Death to Democracy
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: "Hey whites!" ...from the Ferguson kids
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 02:19:44 PM »
Hey black kids!  You can thank us white folks for paying taxes so you can get your welfare check and go to college by shooting hoops!

maybe those colleges would stop offering athletic scholarships

I can understand athletic clubs on campuses but the money colleges spend is ridiculous.

I don't like the athlete worship on campuses, but I understand why major universities spend so much, especially on football and basketball. The sale of tickets, apparel, merchandise, etc., is extremely profitable.
Extra SSPX Nulla Salus.
Dogmatic Sedeplenist.

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: More Catholic than the Pope
Re: "Hey whites!" ...from the Ferguson kids
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 04:54:57 PM »
maybe those colleges would stop offering athletic scholarships

I can understand athletic clubs on campuses but the money colleges spend is ridiculous.

Now you're talking.  ;) I've often expressed the same opinion to my aunt, but she says that the colleges actually make so much money from sports that it's worth it to them to spend the money that they do.  :shrug:

The colleges do make money alright.  And then water down the importance of academics by bringing in many people who just shouldn't be in college (I'm talking all races hear, just to be clear).  There are some outstanding students who do play sports; and I guess on the other side of the coin there are some smart kids who do get a chance to go to college through athletic scholarships, but there has to be proportion to everything, and colleges have taken it too far.

I am sorry, drummerboy that I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

I find this video terribly sad.

Apology accepted.