"Hey whites!" ...from the Ferguson kids

Started by LaramieHirsch, September 11, 2014, 10:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaramieHirsch

This is great!  Thank you Ferguson kids!  I'll follow your example and teach my white children to talk to all blacks just like this!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQfg52m0-4o#t=29

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQfg52m0-4o#t=29[/yt]

It is increasingly apparent that the "American conversation about race" is one-sided.
"Evil smells weakness, and the weak can smell evil."  -Me

"Silence is complicity."  -Me

"The most evident mark of God's anger, and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world, is manifest when He permits His people to fall into the hands of a clergy who are more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds. They abandon the things of God to devote themselves to the things of the world and, in their saintly calling of holiness, they spend their time in profane and worldly pursuits. When God permits such things, it is a very positive proof that He is thoroughly angry with His people and is visiting His most dreadful wrath upon them."

-Saint John Eudes

Dom Passerini

a sparrow all alone on the housetop

drummerboy

Hey black kids!  You can thank us white folks for paying taxes so you can get your welfare check and go to college by shooting hoops!
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Dom Passerini

Quote from: drummerboy on September 12, 2014, 09:23:10 AM
Hey black kids!  You can thank us white folks for paying taxes so you can get your welfare check and go to college by shooting hoops!

Whoa dude!  Trying to highlight their point?
a sparrow all alone on the housetop

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Vanna Grace

I reported this post. I have not been here long enough to know if this just a personal view or one held by this board. I believe our goal as Christians is to bring people of all colors to true faith in Christ. I feel it would be a tragedy if someone African-American came here, seeking, and this is what they found.

Kaesekopf

I think drummerboy was trying to, in a response mimicking the terribly racist video, point out how offensive and insulting the video was.  If not, he can consider this a warning. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

drummerboy

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 13, 2014, 08:53:54 AM
I think drummerboy was trying to, in a response mimicking the terribly racist video, point out how offensive and insulting the video was.  . 

bingo
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Archer

Why are kids used in the making of this video?
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Vanna Grace

I am sorry, drummerboy that I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

I find this video terribly sad.

Chestertonian

maybe those colleges would stop offering athletic scholarships

I can understand athletic clubs on campuses but the money colleges spend is ridiculous. 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 13, 2014, 06:10:49 PM
maybe those colleges would stop offering athletic scholarships

I can understand athletic clubs on campuses but the money colleges spend is ridiculous.

Now you're talking.  ;) I've often expressed the same opinion to my aunt, but she says that the colleges actually make so much money from sports that it's worth it to them to spend the money that they do.  :shrug:
My Lord and my God.

EastWest7