Author Topic: "Demographic Winter" documentary  (Read 1473 times)

Offline rbjmartin

• Wachtmeister
"Demographic Winter" documentary
« on: July 12, 2014, 09:02:44 PM »
Has anyone seen this? I just watched it last night. It's outstanding. It basically comes to the conclusion that we're in for a reckoning because of current demographic trends, and the solution is a return to patriarchy (and this from a demographer who is a self-confessed "unchurched liberal"). Fascinating. The science behind it basically vindicates our Catholic sexual and social morality.

Offline james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: "Demographic Winter" documentary
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 12:13:55 AM »
Interesting video.

I believe the youth are going to have to have a political party.  And then that party will have to call nation wide strikes.  Because the youth are going to be bled dry if they don't do this.  You don't have the votes, however the country will depend on the youth to work, so the power of the strike will be very effective.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 12:33:00 AM »
Interesting video.

I believe the youth are going to have to have a political party.  And then that party will have to call nation wide strikes.  Because the youth are going to be bled dry if they don't do this.  You don't have the votes, however the country will depend on the youth to work, so the power of the strike will be very effective.

Pretty much.  My Boomer coworkers were recently talking about the average age in the office and how in twenty years, they'll all be dead or retired... 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline james03

• Major
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 01:09:46 AM »
They'll be retired and control the vote.  Then the most popular phrase will be "you can't touch MY social security and medicare."  Translation: We're going to bleed our kids and grand kids dry.

The only chance, slim as it is, will be for the youth to shutdown the country with strikes unless taxes are cut and social security/medicare are cut.

The boomers will probably respond by opening the borders up and bring in immigrants to do the work for little pay.

Economically we are doomed because this is politically impossible to fix.

Another option would be to form a new labor movement that is conservative and actually looks out for workers.  Fat chance of that.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 01:44:50 AM »
Maybe it'll all just go to pot before the boomers retire...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline james03

• Major
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 11:26:49 AM »
It's already started.  Obamacare is simply a back door bailout for Medicare, which is bankrupt.  They've rounded up 20,000,000 young adults and forced them to buy expensive health plans they don't need.  Let's use $200 a month.  That's $4 BILLION per month the Boomers are looting from young adults just starting out.

But the youth are deluded and vote for Obama.

Next will be the Social Security crisis.  I expect the Boomers to pass laws that confiscate the 401(k)s of the young adults and give them government bonds instead.

Scott Walker, some miraculous way, fixed the crisis in Wisconsin over pensions (now only state that has fully funded pensions), and look at the uproar it caused.  Politically this is impossible to fix.  The youth will have to organize.

But think about our "labor" movement.  Where the heck are they as the Kenyan opens up our borders and floods this country with illegals?  What have they done over Keystone?  There should be nationwide strikes right now.  Instead they are cutting backroom deals that pads their bank accounts.  Young adults are screwed royally.

Offline Lydia Purpuraria

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Former Catholic
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 11:58:49 AM »
It's already started.  Obamacare is simply a back door bailout for Medicare, which is bankrupt.  They've rounded up 20,000,000 young adults and forced them to buy expensive health plans they don't need.  Let's use $200 a month.  That's $4 BILLION per month the Boomers are looting from young adults just starting out.

But the youth are deluded and vote for Obama.

Next will be the Social Security crisis.  I expect the Boomers to pass laws that confiscate the 401(k)s of the young adults and give them government bonds instead.

Scott Walker, some miraculous way, fixed the crisis in Wisconsin over pensions (now only state that has fully funded pensions), and look at the uproar it caused.  Politically this is impossible to fix.  The youth will have to organize.

But think about our "labor" movement.  Where the heck are they as the Kenyan opens up our borders and floods this country with illegals?  What have they done over Keystone?  There should be nationwide strikes right now.  Instead they are cutting backroom deals that pads their bank accounts.  Young adults are screwed royally.

Excellent points, James. Much to consider. Not sure how we get out of all of this and I'm really not looking forward to finding out.

My husband thinks that that is why all of the illegals are being allowed to flood in right now because we killed off all of our workforce via abortion and contraception and so we need the bodies in here to replace them (not much good though if they aren't paying taxes); it also works out that they will count on those illegals for votes to keep in power while they are at it.

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Major
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 12:42:35 PM »
Maybe it'll all just go to pot before the boomers retire...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm a boomer and I can't afford to retire.

My husband and I lost our jobs in August of 2008. We were both out of work for over 2 years. We burned through what little 401Ks we had. We're still digging out of the financial hole we ended up in. I don't really mind not being able to retire. I just hope I'm able to keep working, i.e. can find a permanent position. All I've been able to find since then are contract jobs, long-term jobs but contract nonetheless...for the federal government.  >:(

But I've been paying into SS for almost 40 years so I won't feel too guilty when I start collecting it.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”