Second coming in the clouds

Started by Mariagoretti, February 25, 2024, 11:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariagoretti

Why does Jesus second coming last so long?
3 and a half years is a long time, is it to match his first coming?
Kinda seems a harsh punishment , I know God is angry at sin, but to withdraw grace for so long. Plus why doesn't the church stress that we won't register Jesus at his second coming? It takes about him coming as fire and a bright light like a star, but I never hear priests preach about it

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

TradGranny

Quote from: Mariagoretti on February 25, 2024, 11:24:32 AMWhy does Jesus second coming last so long?
Kinda seems a harsh punishment , I know God is angry at sin, but to withdraw grace for so long. Plus why doesn't the church stress that we won't register Jesus at his second coming? It takes about him coming as fire and a bright light like a star, but I never hear priests preach about it

Why are you re-posting this? It is not true that the Second Coming of Jesus will last for 3.5 years. Where did you get such an un-Catholic notion?
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Bernadette

Quote from: TradGranny on February 25, 2024, 02:43:56 PM
Quote from: Mariagoretti on February 25, 2024, 11:24:32 AMWhy does Jesus second coming last so long?

Why are you re-posting this? It is not true that the Second Coming of Jesus will last for 3.5 years. Where did you get such an un-Catholic notion?
This poster is fixated on this topic and posts the same kinds of rambling questions pertaining to it again and again.
My Lord and my God.

Acolyte

We know not the hour.

Catholics should use our time to  strive for a state of grace and use the time God has granted us to pray.

No saint I know of spent time trying to verify the Word and what has been revealed to us.

Better for laity to meditate on scripture. Accept it, and if we want to understand it more fully there are numerous works by our great saints to unpack it for us.
Aquinas, Réginald Marie Garrigou-Lagrange OP, and the like.

Jmo
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.