Queen Elizabeth II dies on the Feast of the Nativity of the BVM

Started by Lavenderson, September 08, 2022, 06:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Quote from: awkward customer on September 13, 2022, 09:58:59 AM
Quote from: King Wenceslas on September 13, 2022, 09:29:24 AM

96 years of life and still dies a heretic. Says it all.

Let the world be the world and let us be Catholics.

Are you suggesting that Elizabeth II might not have been welcomed into Heaven and is not currently being carried aloft by a host of angels to the thunderous applause of the heavenly court.

Careful now .......

DoN't Be UnChArItAbLe I tHoUgHt ThIs WaS a CaThOlIc BoArD
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

awkward customer

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 13, 2022, 11:01:51 AM
Quote from: King Wenceslas on September 13, 2022, 09:29:24 AM

96 years of life and still dies a heretic. Says it all.

Let the world be the world and let us be Catholics.

Are you suggesting that Elizabeth II might not have been welcomed into Heaven and is not currently being carried aloft by a host of angels to the thunderous applause of the heavenly court.

Careful now .......

Oops, sorry, it must have slipped my mind.  Hell is empty now and no-one goes there.  It's been decided.

Justin Martyr

Someone should write a satire about her approaching the pearly gates, in the same vein as Julius Excluded from Heaven by (more than likely) Erasmus.
The least departure from Tradition leads to a scorning of every dogma of the Faith.
St. Photios the Great, Encyclical to the Eastern Patriarchs

CANON I: As for all persons who dare to violate the definition of the holy and great Synod convened in Nicaea in the presence of Eusebeia, the consort of the most God-beloved Emperor Constantine, concerning the holy festival of the soterial Pascha, we decree that they be excluded from Communion and be outcasts from the Church if they persist more captiously in objecting to the decisions that have been made as most fitting in regard thereto; and let these things be said with reference to laymen. But if any of the person occupying prominent positions in the Church, such as a Bishop, or a Presbyter, or a Deacon, after the adoption of this definition, should dare to insist upon having his own way, to the perversion of the laity, and to the disturbance of the church, and upon celebrating Pascha along with the Jews, the holy Synod has hence judged that person to be an alien to the Church, on the ground that he has not only become guilty of sin by himself, but has also been the cause of corruption and perversion among the multitude. Accordingly, it not only deposes such persons from the liturgy, but also those who dare to commune with them after their deposition. Moreover, those who have been deposed are to be deprived of the external honor too of which the holy Canon and God's priesthood have partaken.
The Council of Antioch 341, recieved by the Council of Chalcedon

Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Julio

She was the head of the Church of England that denies the truth of the seat of St. Peter. Her predecessor was excommunicated by Pope Pius V:

Quote5. And also (declare) the nobles, subjects and people of the said realm and all others who have in any way sworn oaths to her, to be forever absolved from such an oath and from any duty arising from lordship. fealty and obedience; and we do, by authority of these presents , so absolve them and so deprive the same Elizabeth of her pretended title to the crown and all other the above said matters. We charge and command all and singular the nobles, subjects, peoples and others afore said that they do not dare obey her orders, mandates and laws. Those who shall act to the contrary we include in the like sentence of excommunication.
https://www.papalencyclicals.net/pius05/p5regnans.htm

Justin Martyr

Quote from: Julio on September 13, 2022, 10:46:20 PM
She was the head of the Church of England that denies the truth of the seat of St. Peter. Her predecessor was excommunicated by Pope Pius V:

Quote5. And also (declare) the nobles, subjects and people of the said realm and all others who have in any way sworn oaths to her, to be forever absolved from such an oath and from any duty arising from lordship. fealty and obedience; and we do, by authority of these presents , so absolve them and so deprive the same Elizabeth of her pretended title to the crown and all other the above said matters. We charge and command all and singular the nobles, subjects, peoples and others afore said that they do not dare obey her orders, mandates and laws. Those who shall act to the contrary we include in the like sentence of excommunication.

Don't forget the first paragraph:

Quote from: Pope St. Pius V, Regnans in Excelsis
Pius Bishop, servant of the servants of God, in lasting memory of the matter.

He that reigneth on high, to whom is given all power in heaven and earth, has committed one holy Catholic and apostolic Church, outside of which there is no salvation, to one alone upon earth, namely to Peter, the first of the apostles, and to Peter's successor, the pope of Rome, to be by him governed in fullness of power. Him alone He has made ruler over all peoples and kingdoms, to pull up, destroy, scatter, disperse, plant and build, so that he may preserve His faithful people (knit together with the girdle of charity) in the unity of the Spirit and present them safe and spotless to their Saviour.
The least departure from Tradition leads to a scorning of every dogma of the Faith.

CANON I: As for all persons who dare to violate the definition of the holy and great Synod convened in Nicaea in the presence of Eusebeia, the consort of the most God-beloved Emperor Constantine, concerning the holy festival of the soterial Pascha, we decree that they be excluded from Communion and be outcasts from the Church if they persist more captiously in objecting to the decisions that have been made as most fitting in regard thereto; and let these things be said with reference to laymen. But if any of the person occupying prominent positions in the Church, such as a Bishop, or a Presbyter, or a Deacon, after the adoption of this definition, should dare to insist upon having his own way, to the perversion of the laity, and to the disturbance of the church, and upon celebrating Pascha along with the Jews, the holy Synod has hence judged that person to be an alien to the Church, on the ground that he has not only become guilty of sin by himself, but has also been the cause of corruption and perversion among the multitude. Accordingly, it not only deposes such persons from the liturgy, but also those who dare to commune with them after their deposition. Moreover, those who have been deposed are to be deprived of the external honor too of which the holy Canon and God's priesthood have partaken.

Julio

^^That's right and the abandonment of these very basic Catholic teachings are those that places us in total disarray. It seems now that the Papal Bulls and Encyclicals of the previous Popes of the Catholic Church are being set aside by the new Popes by way of issuance of more recent Encyclicals that runs in contrast to the truth of those that were issued by their predecessors.

The universality and objective truth of God and His Laws are therefore subjected to relativism for whoever is the new Pope holds the "infallibility" that destroys the core traditions and erodes the Traditions of the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

matt

Careful now .......

Fr. Frederick William Faber, Spiritual Conferences:

Weak and full of wants as we are ourselves, we must make up our minds, or rather take heart, to do some little good to this poor world while we are in it. Kind words are our chief implements for this work.  A kind-worded man is a genial man; and geniality is power. Nothing sets wrong right so soon as geniality. There are a thousand things to be reformed, and no reformation succeeds unless it be genial. No one was ever corrected by a sarcasm; crushed perhaps, if the sarcasm was clever enough,—but drawn never to God, never. Men want to advocate changes, it may be in politics, or in science, or in philosophy, or in literature, or perhaps in the working of the Church. They give lectures, they write books, they start reviews, they found schools to propagate their views, they coalesce in associations, they collect money, they move reforms in public meetings, and all to further their peculiar ideas. They are unsuccessful. From being unsuccessful themselves they become unsympathetic with others. From this comes narrowness of mind. Their very talents are deteriorated. The next step is to be snappish, then bitter, then eccentric, then rude. After that, they abuse people for not taking their advice; and, last of all, their impotence, like that of all angry prophets, ends in the shrillness of a scream. Why they scream is not so obvious. Perhaps for their own relief. It is the phrenzy of the disregarded sibyl. All this comes of their not being genial. Without geniality no solid reform was ever made yet. But if there are a thousand things to reform in the world, there are tens of thousands of people to convert. Satire will not convert men. Hell threatened very kindly is more persuasive than a biting truth about a man's false position. The fact is, geniality is the best controversy. The genial man is the only successful man. Nothing can be done for God without geniality. More plans fail for the want of that than for the want of anything else. A genial man is both an apostle and an evangelist; an apostle, because he brings men to Christ; an evangelist, because he portrays Christ to men.

Baylee

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 12, 2022, 09:39:45 PM
Quote from: Greg on September 12, 2022, 03:51:04 AM
The long and short of it is this.

Britain is a HELL of a lot worse in 2022 than it was in 1952.

In all of that time did the queen once, ever, make a comment to hold back the tide or to make people think?

Did she once, ever, condemn or criticise the sexual revolution, one parent families, the lack of people attending church, homosexuality in the clergy, the approval of homosexual marriage?

Putin did.  Putin as head of state HAS commented on the moral fabric of Russian society.

Nope.  Elizabeth floated down the river without ever trying to warn or guide the nation.  She was a perfect example of the person who does not want to offend, go along to get along, don't rock the boat.  Such a person should not have any pleasant eulogy spoken about her by the Catholic church.

I walked out of mass yesterday when they sang God Save the King at the end.  Wake up for goodness sake.  King Charles is a New World Order fool.

Spot on. 

Her country, her subjects, are worse off in so many ways, and she couldn't be bothered to fight against it or even issue a press statement against the tides of the world. 

What good is a monarch if they let the country go to pot? 

I don't really understand the devotion to her by (American) Catholics.  It's remarkable.

Seriously.  The only thing that surprises me is that no one on this forum has connected her death on this date to the supposed Fatima consecration by Francis.   

Baylee

Quote from: matt on September 14, 2022, 05:16:18 AM

Careful now .......

Fr. Frederick William Faber, Spiritual Conferences:

Weak and full of wants as we are ourselves, we must make up our minds, or rather take heart, to do some little good to this poor world while we are in it. Kind words are our chief implements for this work.  A kind-worded man is a genial man; and geniality is power. Nothing sets wrong right so soon as geniality. There are a thousand things to be reformed, and no reformation succeeds unless it be genial. No one was ever corrected by a sarcasm; crushed perhaps, if the sarcasm was clever enough,—but drawn never to God, never. Men want to advocate changes, it may be in politics, or in science, or in philosophy, or in literature, or perhaps in the working of the Church. They give lectures, they write books, they start reviews, they found schools to propagate their views, they coalesce in associations, they collect money, they move reforms in public meetings, and all to further their peculiar ideas. They are unsuccessful. From being unsuccessful themselves they become unsympathetic with others. From this comes narrowness of mind. Their very talents are deteriorated. The next step is to be snappish, then bitter, then eccentric, then rude. After that, they abuse people for not taking their advice; and, last of all, their impotence, like that of all angry prophets, ends in the shrillness of a scream. Why they scream is not so obvious. Perhaps for their own relief. It is the phrenzy of the disregarded sibyl. All this comes of their not being genial. Without geniality no solid reform was ever made yet. But if there are a thousand things to reform in the world, there are tens of thousands of people to convert. Satire will not convert men. Hell threatened very kindly is more persuasive than a biting truth about a man's false position. The fact is, geniality is the best controversy. The genial man is the only successful man. Nothing can be done for God without geniality. More plans fail for the want of that than for the want of anything else. A genial man is both an apostle and an evangelist; an apostle, because he brings men to Christ; an evangelist, because he portrays Christ to men.

So, matt, no sarcasm here.  Do you believe that Queen Elizabeth, heretic until death, is in Heaven?

josh987654321

Careful now .......

On a serious note, she was the Queen nevertheless, I voted even to remain a part of her Monarchy, so I'll say a pray for her majesty, but I'm not going to pretend everything was great as other posters pointed out many serious problems/concerns in their posts.

She was more like a lady who was nice but never really did anything to hate or love. I don't know the state of her soul, to act like she died a saint or did some exceptional job just seems ridiculous to me, yea she was a nice lady and I'll pray for her, but that's about it.

God Bless

"I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone." (Diary, 1760)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)

"I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

Tennessean

In all seriousness, I hope she converted, because she was somebody's grandma.

Baylee

Quote from: Tennessean on September 14, 2022, 08:06:25 AM

Pope Pius IX, Syllabus of Errors, 1864:
Error:

That good hope at least is to be entertained of the eternal salvation of all those who are not at all in the true Church of Christ.

AlNg

So if you obeyed an order of the queen, you were excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church? Does that carry over to the present day if you obey an order of King Charles?

Justin Martyr

Quote from: AlNg on September 14, 2022, 10:09:28 AM

So if you obeyed an order of the queen, you were excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church? Does that carry over to the present day if you obey an order of King Charles?

I'm not sure, but I imagine not given that there was atleast one Catholic monarch after the time of Elizabeth I, James II.

matt

Quote from: Baylee on September 14, 2022, 09:44:45 AM
Quote from: Tennessean on September 14, 2022, 08:06:25 AM

Pope Pius IX, Syllabus of Errors, 1864:
Error:

That good hope at least is to be entertained of the eternal salvation of all those who are not at all in the true Church of Christ.

This is a false understanding of the error. You first need to understand how the Syllabus is written. As the commentary in the Catholic Encyclopedia makes clear:

"The view held by the Church in opposition to each thesis is contained in the contradictory proposition of each of the condemned theses. This opposition is formulated, in accordance with the rules of dialectics, by prefixing to each proposition the words: "It is not true that . . ." The doctrine of the Church which corresponds, for instance, to the fourteenth thesis is as follows: "It is not true, that 'philosophy must be treated independently of supernatural revelation.'" In itself no opposition is so sharply determined as by the contradictory: it is simply the negation of the foregoing statement. However, the practical use of this negation is not always easy, especially if a compound or dependent sentence is in question, or a theoretical error is concealed under the form of an historical fact."

So what is being condemned is: " that there is good hope of the eternal salvation of all those who are not in the Church of Christ". It doesn't mean we cannot hope that a certain non-Catholic attained Heaven.