India overtakes UK to become Fifth Largest Economy in the World in 2021 data!

Started by Xavier, September 03, 2022, 05:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

I saw a statistic of how bad Income Inequality really is, not only in India, but universally. A quasi-ubi scheme for at least the bottom 20% poor in society, such as NYAY, based if one wishes on the nations' GDP growth, would greatly remedy this problem.

"Both globally and in India, there is too much Income Inequality. That's very bad and leads to less happiness, security, prosperity and growth for all of us. Rahul Gandhi's NYAY scheme is desperately needed to remedy this. After we implement it, other countries will then copy us."

https://twitter.com/Xavier_DMercy/status/1574061251675639808

Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Julio

I am not saying money is not important. It should not be the "priority." You fail to understand again, Xavier.

Income inequality has been an institution in India through its caste system. What happened 100 years ago cannot be irrelevant, Xavier. The reason many in India are still not Catholics is because of that fact that happened 100 years ago and beyond. The reason corruption in India is huge the way it is in the Philippines is because of culture of the respective nations that happened more than 100 years ago.

Quote?India has the highest overall bribery rate (39%) and the highest rate of citizens using personal connections (46%), following India, Indonesia and China have the second and third highest rates of people using personal connections with 36% and 32% respectively.? says the report titled ?Global Corruption Barometer ? Asia?.
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/india-records-highest-rate-of-bribery-in-asia-survey/article33184156.ece

Greg

The entire world is going to be bankrupt before long.  The current economic model is a huge ponzi scheme crafted by central banks.  They are holding it up for as long as they can but it will crash.

Trillions in derivative instruments that have all sort of built in underlying assumptions about interest rates and debt.  If the banks did not understand the risks of mortgage backed securities, then they certainly don't understand the derivatives bubble which is 1000 times more complex.

There will be a financial lock up and working out who owes what to whom and how to pay it and not be left bankrupt while waiting to be paid will be impossible.  What will happen is that bankers and corporate directors will simply steal whatever assets are not nailed down and try to ride out the collapse and buy the political and legal protection to keep those stolen assets.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Who is richest and poorest after the world rebuilds itself is anyone's guess.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Xavier

And nobody is saying money should be priority. Rather, that the wealth God has given us should benefit others. There is enough food to feed the world, yet hundreds of millions live in poverty and hunger, and that will soon be billions. Why? Because of selfishness and indifference. That is not right. As I said, Saints have said, "Riches have eternal value when we use them to bless others"; unlike what Protestants think, good works merit eternal life.

See for source: https://medium.com/@jeremyerdman/we-produce-enough-food-to-feed-10-billion-people-so-why-does-hunger-still-exist-8086d2657539 "Today, 795 million people are hungry. Another 2 billion are expected to join them by 2050.

However, global food production is incredibly efficient. The world's farmers produce enough food to feed 1.5x the global population. That's enough to feed 10 billion (we are at 7.6 billion currently)." This is why I favor Q-UBI like Gandhi's NYAY is.

And the same doctrine, that good works, beside helping others, merit eternal life, is taught by St. Paul in these words in 1 Tim 6:

"[17] Charge the rich of this world not to be highminded, nor to trust in the uncertainty of riches, but in the living God, (who giveth us abundantly all things to enjoy,) [18] To do good, to be rich in good works, to give easily, to communicate to others, [19] To lay up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on the true life."

India has challenges, I'm not denying that. Yet, we're on track to become the 3rd Largest Economy in the World by 2030.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Julio

So why the caste system in India? Isn't that an institutionalized deprivation of those in lower caste?

Xavier

There is no caste in Christianity. "[28] There is neither Jew nor Greek: there is neither bond nor free: there is neither male nor female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Gal 3:28). In Hinduism, there is, and it comes from reincarnation. That's an error.

Caste discrimination in India, in educated and urban areas, has largely ceased today. In some colleges, schools and sometimes workplaces, there in fact there are reservations etc for the "backward castes" as Dr. Ambedkar wanted.

Some practice casteist discrimination, and they are wrong, just as those who practice racist discrimination, and other forms of injustices and evil. But most educated Indians don't. Most people treat you fairly regardless of caste or anything.

Julio

Xavier, I know that in Catholicism there is no caste system. I ask you about that since Hinduism in India on the bases of around 80% of its population identify themselves as members of that faith. There are only 2% Catholics in Indian population. I know you are part of this few Indians, Xavier.

As you have stated caste discrimination in India has largely ceased today. Such practice however was there for a long period of time which also was exported in the Philippines and the same was practiced ceased to exist in my country when the Spaniards illegalized them and replace the social stratification with the Catholic ways. I am not saying that colonial Philippines was heaven. I am just stating how that evil practice was wiped out through Catholicism the way man eating culture of the Aztecs was obliterated out in Mexico.

I am stating this matter, because there are ways of the pre-Catholic people that has been a social impediment of ethical growth. It is unfortunate that the West is trying to revive paganism and godlessness.