Author Topic: Ukrainian refugees in your country?  (Read 125 times)

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Ukrainian refugees in your country?
« on: June 13, 2022, 05:57:16 AM »
Ireland is taking in an uncapped number of Ukrainians and our country has gone bananas.

Ukrainian flags flying off some schools or churches or government buildings and people with the flag as stickers on their cars.
Cannot book a hotel now as most are catering for Ukrainians.
They are being fast tracked for official documents, jobs, education etc, Ukrainian teachers are in high demand and the language maybe on our syllabus next year.
They are being fast tracked for health screenings, healthcare, beds in hospitals which are drastically in low abundance anyway.

But I got a real awakening when my friend who is high up in our local authority (we call them County councils).  In each county there is the County Manager and under him are 4 Director of Services.  These are very high up and very qualified positions and each DOS takes care of a certain depts for the county, for example one is for housing and environment or another is for businesses etc.  My friend told me its all hush hush at the moment but the Gov dept in charge of county councils are ordering each county to set up another DOS exclusively for Ukrainians.  Now we have been taking in Syrians, Nigerians, Sudanese ....you name it, we have it but for some reason these refugees are getting a whole dept for themselves.  This is going to end very very badly.

Offline MaximGun

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: Trad Catholic
Re: Ukrainian refugees in your country?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 06:48:13 AM »
I've seen 3 Ukrainian number plates here recently, you never normally see a single Ukrainian number plate except very rarely in Central London.

They were all on brand new looking expensive cars like BMW X5, Audi Q7 etc.

I know Ireland has a heck of a lot of Ukrainians.  The UK has far less per capita.

Offline GMC

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Ukrainian refugees in your country?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 07:45:34 AM »
In Spain they have brought approximately 130,000. I already know this story and I already know that most of the "refugees" are not going to return to their country after the war.

It remains to be seen whether his grandchildren will consider themselves Spanish or not, if not, that will be a problem. But if they are completely integrated, it doesn't seem to me a particularly problematic immigration. I mean, they're White European Christians.

Blacks ans Muslims are much more difficult to integrate. Blacks, well, if they are Cubans they still tend to integrate, but if they are Africans it is rare for them to integrate. Muslims are directly impossible to integrate. I would change all Muslims in Spain for Ukrainians without hesitation.

European and Hispanic immigration should be the only relatively tolerable here. Always within a reasonable limit, of course.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 07:55:35 AM by GMC »