Author Topic: Conspiracy theories to scoff at!  (Read 227 times)

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Conspiracy theories to scoff at!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 11:11:20 AM »
A certain war which 'James03' won't call a war is disrupting a very high portion of the world's wheat and sunflower oil. This mainly goes to the Middle East. Quite nobly the Egyptian Arab Republic refused wheat which had been looted by the aggressor. That's c. 15% of wheat production out or only trickling into the market as sea export is dangerous from invader laid mines and the railway gauge is narrower than the West. Also the aggressor keeps attacking facilities to do with the rail export of grain. Obviously powerful interests might be hoarding and trying to game the market, too, but I cannot see it to be as big a factor. Those cases could be the usual insurance arson also.

Here is Ireland, Glasraí (cause he's a vegetable who has his bike brought to Limerick in a state car while he goes on the train) Eamon Ryan after raising the cost of heating for everyone is now demanding farmers reduce beef production for hocus pocus reasons. Thanks to those fools, we will dying shivering and starving.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

The following users thanked this post: diaduit

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 04:34:32 AM »
I heard from Vlad himself that Ukraine exports 20 million tons of grain from 800 million tons on grain grown globally.

2.5 percent?

I can't see that making a huge difference compared to inflation due to massive money printing and the price of oil.  Butter is now 1.75 for 8oz block in UK.  4 years ago it was 70pence.  140 percent increase in the price with inputs that have nothing to do with Ukraine.

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 05:24:04 AM »
Most of EU have banned Russian cargo ships from bringing goods in even if they are carrying non Russian goods.  That is what I see the worst impact on food and goods supply.  Now Shanghai was shut down for months so in a few months that tremor will be a Tsunami.

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 07:27:57 PM »
I heard from Vlad himself that Ukraine exports 20 million tons of grain from 800 million tons on grain grown globally.

2.5 percent?

I can't see that making a huge difference compared to inflation due to massive money printing and the price of oil.  Butter is now 1.75 for 8oz block in UK.  4 years ago it was 70pence.  140 percent increase in the price with inputs that have nothing to do with Ukraine.

Exports as a percentage of total grown is not exactly a meaningful stat. Ukrainian exports need to the reckoned against other exporters. PRC produces a deal of grain, far more than that, 212mt, but all is eaten locally net. The figure stuck in warehouses, thanks to attacks on Ukraine grain facilities, occupation of Mariupol, Kherson and others, menaces towards Great Odessa, is in fact 27 mt. 33-36 mt is a normal figure it can expect to product. Ukrainian grains are directly towards north Africa, sub-Saharan Africa places not known for political stability at the best of times. Ukraine has a relatively small population and farmlands that just have so much potential.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.