in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

MaximGun

Does look like nukes are going to fly.

Lynne

Quote from: MaximGun on May 24, 2022, 01:23:17 PM

He wants them flying one way or another and the Ukraine war is a bust.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

MaximGun

My theory is that the economic situation is even worse than we know publicly.  I am confident they have cooked the books at the big banks. 

A war gives them cover for the collapse and explains them spending crazy amounts of money on old rare Mercedes cars and art.

james03

Quote from: MaximGun on May 24, 2022, 02:36:06 PM
My theory is that the economic situation is even worse than we know publicly.  I am confident they have cooked the books at the big banks. 

A war gives them cover for the collapse and explains them spending crazy amounts of money on old rare Mercedes cars and art.

Total and complete collapse.  The Fed shuts down "Quantitative Easing" in a few weeks.  That's going to be ugly.  Like I said, I can't see them making it to 2% interest rates before they have to swing to emergency Quantitative Easing again, which will only fuel the inflation.

The fuel costs really haven't shown up yet in goods prices.  We're way better than Europe, thank goodness, but farmers are getting hammered.  What's it like across the pond?  Your prices must be insane.

Housing is also going to get nuked.  It's bad.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

Quote from: Lynne on May 24, 2022, 02:30:23 PM

By "He" do you mean the beloved Brit misanthrope and Grand Clanger, Order of the Cowbell, 4th degree named MaximGun?
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

MaximGun

Quote from: james03 on May 24, 2022, 03:02:13 PM
Quote from: MaximGun on May 24, 2022, 02:36:06 PM

Total and complete collapse.  The Fed shuts down "Quantitative Easing" in a few weeks.  That's going to be ugly.  Like I said, I can't see them making it to 2% interest rates before they have to swing to emergency Quantitative Easing again, which will only fuel the inflation.

The fuel costs really haven't shown up yet in goods prices.  We're way better than Europe, thank goodness, but farmers are getting hammered.  What's it like across the pond?  Your prices must be insane.

Housing is also going to get nuked.  It's bad.

House prices here are impossibly out of reach.  You could sell a 3 bedroom house and retire in a stable developing country.  600,000 quid for an ordinary 3 bedroom house of maybe 1200 sqft

Lynne

Quote from: james03 on May 24, 2022, 03:03:46 PM
Quote from: Lynne on May 24, 2022, 02:30:23 PM

By "He" do you mean the beloved Brit misanthrope and Grand Clanger, Order of the Cowbell, 4th degree named MaximGun?

LOL No, I meant Biden...but now that you mention it...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

MaximGun

How long does the suffering last for 60 years of apostasy?

60 years more?