Author Topic: Abortion complete victory for us  (Read 4085 times)

Offline OCLittleFlower

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • CALIFORNIA DEPLORABLE
  • Religion: Trad to the max!
Re: Abortion complete victory for us
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2022, 02:13:57 AM »
Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but even if this is completely true and Roe is overturned, that does NOT mean abortion is outlawed.  It just means the question of abortion is left to the states.  No doubt many more conservative states will either outlaw or otherwise heavily restrict abortion, but the northeast and western states will no doubt keep it completely legal, as it is now, or perhaps even expand it.

Overturning Roe is just the first battle. It isn't the war. Never has been.

But a battle won is worthy of a celebration, nonetheless, once it's well and truly won.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

Если вы можете прочитать это, вы лучше.

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis, maryslittlegarden, LausTibiChriste, Lynne, Larry, Maximilian, Melkor

Offline clau clau

• My other bike is a Pinarello
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Traditionalist videogamer - I only play 8-bit video games
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2022, 02:47:54 AM »
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 02:54:32 AM by clau clau »
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, OCLittleFlower, LausTibiChriste, mikemac, Elizabeth, Melkor, josh987654321

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2022, 05:40:22 AM »
Double down on your praying that it's overturned.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

Offline josh987654321

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2022, 06:54:01 AM »
Abortion supposedly completely overturned. Decision leaked.

I'll save my reaction for when it's done. They won't go quietly. We should pray for the Justices that they don't get cold feet and waver on doing the right thing despite the pressure and even after the verdict, if it does get overturned, the battle will only just begin, but it should be very revealing.

I'll be keen to see how Biden, other Bishops/Priests/laity and Bergoglio weigh in on it, as it should be very revealing IMO. Lets see which wolves in sheep's clothing stick their heads up and try to subvert this.

God Bless
"I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone." (Diary, 1760)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)

"I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

The following users thanked this post: OCLittleFlower, Lynne, Larry, Michael Wilson, Kent

Offline josh987654321

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2022, 07:06:56 AM »
Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but even if this is completely true and Roe is overturned, that does NOT mean abortion is outlawed.  It just means the question of abortion is left to the states.  No doubt many more conservative states will either outlaw or otherwise heavily restrict abortion, but the northeast and western states will no doubt keep it completely legal, as it is now, or perhaps even expand it.

True, but without overturning Roe v Wade the battle cannot even begin, so Roe v Wade is the first step, your right it's going to be rough, and nowhere near over, but it's crucial to even start.

It will also be very revealing as IMO we will see many wolves in sheep's clothing weigh in and show their true colours.

God Bless
"I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone." (Diary, 1760)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)

"I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

The following users thanked this post: OCLittleFlower, Lynne, Michael Wilson

Offline Aulef

• Korporal
  • Religion: One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2022, 07:29:09 AM »
Someone help this foreign, please.

Even if RvW is overturned, states will still be able to make laws in favor of murder of the innocent unborn (aka abortion), won't they?
Tota pulchra es, Maria
Et macula originalis non est in Te

Offline maximus

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2022, 09:02:34 AM »

Those states that do not outlaw abortion will there be a back and forth going on depending on how the  political spectrum swings for the day? In Vermont, the idea has been bandied (if overturning  R v W goes through) of making abortion , with voter consent,  guaranteed law into the constitution.  Evil.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 09:13:22 AM by maximus »

Offline james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2022, 09:06:52 AM »

Even if RvW is overturned, states will still be able to make laws in favor of murder of the innocent unborn (aka abortion), won't they?

It works the other way round in a way.  States will be able to allow the murder of babies.  In the US, "murder" is technically legal at the Federal level.  Murder is regulated by the States.  So if I shoot someone, I won't be investigated by the Feds or tried in Federal courts (there's exceptions for crossing State lines, but I'm talking the general principle).  The immediate impact (it will take a few months) of overturning RvW, is that about half the States will outlaw abortion, or simply start enforcing laws already on the books against abortion.  The Blue States (where most Catholics reside) will decriminalize it.  Those States are lost, and it will take the Church going back to basics and converting their local populations until abortion is outlawed.

If the leak becomes reality, this will be a huge win.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: OCLittleFlower, Lynne, Aulef

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2022, 09:50:57 AM »

Yes.  And ugly California already moved, within hours of the leak, to solidify the "right."  So there will be deeper blue states than ever before, if that was possible -- you know, true Navy blue, which is quite close to black -- in this case, fittingly.

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis, OCLittleFlower, LausTibiChriste, Lynne, Larry, Aulef, AlNg

Offline dellery

• Jedburgh
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2022, 10:30:30 AM »

Yes. This has always been a danger with getting the legality of abortion knocked down to the level of individual States, and the Pro-life movement has already prepared for this. The fight is going to be brought directly to the Blue States. Whereas before we had to broaden our efforts to effect the nation as a whole, now we will be able to concentrate our forces directly against the abortionist strong-holds. We've effectively boxed the abortionists in and are surrounding them. The fight will not stop until the genocide against the Unborn is halted in its entirety.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 10:33:54 AM by dellery »
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

The following users thanked this post: LausTibiChriste, Lynne, james03, Aulef

Offline james03

• Major
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2022, 10:51:11 AM »
Non-American working for Sotomoyer identified as the leaker.  He has to go back.

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Offline matt

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2022, 11:58:56 AM »
Non-American working for Sotomoyer identified as the leaker.  He has to go back.

I couldn’t work out if he’s now a naturalized American. If he is can he be sent back? You can lose US citizenship for “Committing an act of treason against the United States”. This was certainly an attack against the judiciary. In any event his actions are criminal and he should spend time behind bars.

The following users thanked this post: AlNg

Offline james03

• Major
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2022, 12:30:00 PM »
He's not of the American nation whatever his citizenship.

Offline trentcath

• Feldwebel
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2022, 12:42:17 PM »

Eh, lets not leap to rash judgment. Roberts only just started an investigation so doubt they found the culprit that quickly, what would be really awkward is if it was actually one of the justices...

As for the decision, it's obviously correct both morally and from a constitutional law pov (Roe was a total shambles and caused so many issues for pretty much every area of law as it was so policy based). I might even forgive SCOTUS for their garbage gay marriage and trans decisions, however I'd be surprised if it's as anti-abortion as people say it is. There is likely some wiggle room. Moreover, people in the pro-life are a little myopic about Roe. All that happens if Roe is overturned is it goes back to the states and many will implement very liberal abortion regimes, there is also every possibility of Congress passing an even more extreme abortion 'law' in the future. It would be difficult for the SCOTUS to strike down any such law, and thus, if Roe is overturned it is really just one stage in a very long process. I am also concerned about what it will mean for the elections, will democrats get more votes due to crazy and angry libs who don't want babies? It may also revive Biden's plan to pack the court, which would be a disaster. I can therefore see prudence arguments against it, although I think it is the right thing to do.

The following users thanked this post: LausTibiChriste

Offline trentcath

• Feldwebel
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2022, 12:46:46 PM »

Yes. This has always been a danger with getting the legality of abortion knocked down to the level of individual States, and the Pro-life movement has already prepared for this. The fight is going to be brought directly to the Blue States. Whereas before we had to broaden our efforts to effect the nation as a whole, now we will be able to concentrate our forces directly against the abortionist strong-holds. We've effectively boxed the abortionists in and are surrounding them. The fight will not stop until the genocide against the Unborn is halted in its entirety.

This is one way of seeing it, but, forgive me for saying this, it seems very naive. You will not be able to convince the average Californian or Millenial that abortion is wrong because they want to have sexual relations without consequences and they aren't capable of discussing the things of morality they want rationally. Neither for that matter will the average democrat state judge be convinced, and be sure judicial elections (where they exist) will be fought and win on a judges views as regards abortion. Federal judges would be less important, but they could potentially get involved in the right circumstances. You could also well see Congress pass an abortion law and that would be an even bigger problem.

The following users thanked this post: Innocent Smith