Author Topic: Anatomy of a Disinfo Campaign  (Read 319 times)

Offline james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
Anatomy of a Disinfo Campaign
« on: May 01, 2022, 05:15:45 PM »
You all may have heard something about the Johnny Depp lawsuit.  I'll give you the quick recap, as none of this is particularly germane to this post: Depp was a dark dude, hung out with some dark people, and did drugs.  Amber Heard is a lesbian who, surprise, surprise, is completely nuts.  Heard accused Depp of being a wife beater (and evidently there is no proof) and Depp sued her for it.  Which gets us to the point.

First some background.  A few years back, stories were coming out about various Hollywood jews abusing women, with Harvey Weinstein front-and-center.  The headline for these accounts should have been "The Hollywood Jew Molestation Problem".

In steps the (((ACLU))).  From this Guardian article it looks like they set up a deranged woman to start a moral panic which we can refer to as Believe All Women!.  So an organization that purportedly stands for Civil Rights is front-and-center (well not really, they used a shiksa beard) advocating for the denial of due process.

This disinfo campaign was very successful and "Believe All Women!" is now embedded in the culture, including in corporations, and the details of the original story are long forgotten.

Here's the article:  https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/apr/28/johnny-depp-amber-heard-libel-case-aclu

As part of the relationship the ACLU forged with Heard, the group later agreed to draft the 2018 Washington Post article in which Heard said she was “a public figure representing domestic abuse” that lies at the center of Depp’s libel claim against his ex-wife. ....

The court was told that the ACLU’s communications department contacted the Washington Post to pitch the article, saying: “As you know, Amber Heard was beaten up by Johnny Depp during their brief marriage.”
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: LausTibiChriste

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Major
Re: Anatomy of a Disinfo Campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 05:37:35 PM »
Yes, he's getting railroaded. I don't know how old his kids are but this will affect them too.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden, LausTibiChriste, Larry

Offline james03

• Major
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 04:35:26 PM »
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/04/29/aclu-admits-in-testimony-that-it-wrote-amber-heards-op-ed-against-johnny-depp-timed-release-with-aquaman-1231754/

Jezebel is reporting that email correspondence indicates that (((Robin Shulman))), who is a communications strategist with the ACLU, first drafted the op-ed for consumption in November of 2018 a month before it was published.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline james03

• Major
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 12:28:28 PM »

Not her.

Offline james03

• Major
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 11:36:11 AM »
A detailed review of the disinfo operation conducted by the (((ACLU))) and (((Washington Post))).  The result was to sow division between men and women in the American Nation fueling the Believe All Women campaign.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/05/09/how-the-washington-post-and-aclu-helped-amber-heard-attack-johnny-depp/

More details:

https://asrainvestigates.substack.com/p/15f1500d-491f-4794-84db-5716a962cc8f?s=r

Two hours later, at 3:20 p.m., (((Schulman))) sent a new draft of the op-ed to (((Weitz))) to forward to Heard with the note: “I tried to gather your fire and rage and really interesting analysis and shape that into op-ed form.” Incredibly, in this game of deception, she said, “I hope it sounds true to you.”

Offline Maximilian

• Hauptmann
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 02:35:49 PM »
fueling the Believe All Women campaign.

Well that sure backfired!

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, james03

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 04:12:25 PM »
fueling the Believe All Women campaign.

Well that sure backfired!

I hope that this will come back to seriously hurt the Believe All Women (because we know that all men are scum ::) ) movement, but, given the ability of the Left to ignore facts, that won't necessarily happen.  Look at what happened with the Kyle Rittenhouse case, for example.  He was obviously innocent from the beginning and even more obviously so after everything that came out at the trial.  There are still vast amounts of people who believe that he is a murderer (of Blacks!) who got away with it because he is White.

This sort of thing happens over and over again.  These people cling to the narrative no matter how much evidence there is to show it is groundless.  Even if Depp wins his case and is conclusively shown to have been falsely accused, we are going to see people claiming this result is due to his being a White man  And it will not shake their baseless faith that "Believe All Women" has something to do with justice.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Offline james03

• Major
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 04:46:38 PM »
Depp just won.

The country is a conglomeration of multiple nations and is irrevocably fractured.  There's nothing for people to unite around.   As the hardships intensify the fractures will become more evident.

Long term it is good for a cohesive Trad community.  Short and medium term, massive pain.