Fr Ripperger's Book "Deliverance Prayers"

Started by Acolyte, March 23, 2022, 05:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

In the introduction, it is explained how we laity can use the prayers found in the book "without retaliation".

Does this mean retaliation from the Church, demons, or both ?
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

TerrorDæmonum

It means that prayers of deliverance do not attract demonic activity. Demons are spirits, not diseases. Many times, exorcists deal with those who are afraid that attempting to seek deliverance or even conducting an exorcism according to the rite of the Church could attract demonic activity against oneself. This is not so.

Acolyte

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."

TerrorDæmonum

Thanks for the easy question I have ready answers for. I have a bunch of books on the subject. I find reading the words of exorcists to be encouraging.

Accounts of individual exorcisms are not as informative as their very practial experiences and observations. They all seem to address this concern, as even priests might not want to become exorcists because they fear being targeted.

Miriam_M

Acolyte, I've heard all of Fr. Ripperger's talks. He has often explained why there are separate Deliverance Prayers for laity:  It's because those said by clergy fall under the clergy's singular jurisdiction. Demons are hyper-aware of lines of authority.  It has often happened, in Fr. R's experience, that laity who overstep those boundaries and instead say prayers confined to clerical use find themselves attacked spiritually. Demons will often come after laity who breach their own legitimate authority.  One example is the "long" St. Michael's Prayer which some laypeople fail to understand is reserved for priests, since it contains a minor exorcism. 

So, to recap the answer to your question, the retaliation is from demons, not from the Church.

Acolyte

Quote from: Miriam_M on March 23, 2022, 09:43:30 PM
Acolyte, I've heard all of Fr. Ripperger's talks. He has often explained why there are separate Deliverance Prayers for laity:  It's because those said by clergy fall under the clergy's singular jurisdiction. Demons are hyper-aware of lines of authority.  It has often happened, in Fr. R's experience, that laity who overstep those boundaries and instead say prayers confined to clerical use find themselves attacked spiritually. Demons will often come after laity who breach their own legitimate authority.  One example is the "long" St. Michael's Prayer which some laypeople fail to understand is reserved for priests, since it contains a minor exorcism. 

So, to recap the answer to your question, the retaliation is from demons, not from the Church.

Ok, thanks. Many years ago I became aware of the long form St.Michael prayer being a danger for use by the laity.

Scanning through the lists of Sins, Vices, or Spirits in his book mentioned in the thread title I noticed yawning was listed. Not always, but quite often, I will yawn while praying the rosary out loud. Until now I assumed it was related to my breathing. Fr. states in the book that such can be demons using physical ills to distract us in prayer.

But then again, he says Marian devotion prevents demons from approaching us. Instead of assuming it is indeed breathing related in that case, and not demons, I'm left wondering if my devotion to Our Lady is as strong as I think it is. I already pray the Seven Sorrows devotion as he reccomnded as well. And the Three Hail Marys.

So who knows. I very seldom yawn, save for the rosary.
St Alphonsus

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Elizabeth

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on March 23, 2022, 05:05:41 PM
It means that prayers of deliverance do not attract demonic activity. Demons are spirits, not diseases. Many times, exorcists deal with those who are afraid that attempting to seek deliverance or even conducting an exorcism according to the rite of the Church could attract demonic activity against oneself. This is not so.
The team Fr. Ripperger works with have long experience in cleaning up improperly trained deliverance ministers, whose families have gotten ruined due to demonic retaliation.  (there are prayers against retaliation in the book BTW). There are many talks by deliverance team members on Liber Cristo, Jesus 911, the Dolorans, Sensus Fidelium etc. 
They make it very clear that there will be pushback from demons, a price to pay for casting out demons.  That its why it is strongly recommended to get permission or the blessing of one's Confessor before using the book.
That said, I'm glad they are publishing a better, leather bound copy of the Deliverance Prayers for Laypeople.  The earlier ones fell to pieces after a year or less of regular use.

Acolyte

The book mentions the Auxilium Christianorum. Wow, I've been looking for something like it to be part of.
Is this Fr Ripperger's site ?
http://auxiliumchristianorum.org/

Found this as well
https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Catholic_Encyclopedia_(1913)/Feast_of_Our_Lady,_Help_of_Christians

Does one have to make an inquiry to join this Association or just begin meeting the requirements after speaking with a good priest ?

St Alphonsus

tradne4163

Quote from: Acolyte on March 27, 2022, 02:01:04 PM
The book mentions the Auxilium Christianorum. Wow, I've been looking for something like it to be part of.

Found this as well
https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Catholic_Encyclopedia_(1913)/Feast_of_Our_Lady,_Help_of_Christians

Does one have to make an inquiry to join this Association or just begin meeting the requirements after speaking with a good priest ?

There are no official membership rolls for it, so all that is really recommended, and it's strongly recommended, is to talk to your pastor or spiritual director if you have one. The reason is that following the requirements leads to spiritual growth which ideally should be guided.

Another important warning... get your spiritual life in order before attempting to use the book for spiritual warfare on behalf of another person. Also, if you attempt it for someone not under your authority or care it is better to modify binding prayers slightly to ask Our Lord and Lady to do the binding. That helps prevent retaliation.
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

Acolyte

Quote from: tradne4163 on March 27, 2022, 02:10:10 PM

Found this as well

There are no official membership rolls for it, so all that is really recommended, and it's strongly recommended, is to talk to your pastor or spiritual director if you have one. The reason is that following the requirements leads to spiritual growth which ideally should be guided.

Another important warning... get your spiritual life in order before attempting to use the book for spiritual warfare on behalf of another person. Also, if you attempt it for someone not under your authority or care it is better to modify binding prayers slightly to ask Our Lord and Lady to do the binding. That helps prevent retaliation.
Thanks, and noted. I certainly don't/won't take it lightly. I'm currently devoting my free time reading sources of the cultivation of virtue/perfection. And increasing my prayer time.

My hurdle is finding a priest who knows of the Auxilium Christianorum well enough to advise me. My confessor is a Dominican friar. He's orthodox judging from his sermons, but I've never had a spiritual director, nor asked him any advice on such matters.

I assume the daily prayers are fine to begin praying ? I've not used the deliverance prayers yet.
St Alphonsus

Acolyte

Also, would the Angelic Warfare Confraternity be compatible with the Auxilium Chritianorum ?
https://www.angelicwarfareconfraternity.org/

I just realized this is a Dominican confraternity, so perhaps my Confessor will indeed be helpful.
St Alphonsus

Miriam_M

Found this as well

Fr. Ripperger recently said (within the month) that his website is Sensus Traditionis.  He is also associated with Auxilium Christianorum.  However, again, he has been explicit about lay people needing to get permission from their spiritual directors before joining A.C. -- for the same reason as earlier stated: frequent spiritual attacks once a person joins.  People who are well-formed spiritually can resist these attacks better, so he has asked potential members to obtain that clerical permission first.  It can initially be a rough ride.

[edited to correct my earlier error in naming the website; I just noticed that error]

Elizabeth

Quote from: Acolyte on March 23, 2022, 05:03:59 PM
In the introduction, it is explained how we laity can use the prayers found in the book "without retaliation".

Does this mean retaliation from the Church, demons, or both ?
Both.  As a frequent Confession goer, in desperate times I've had to go to variety of Confessors.  There are definitely priests who aren't fit to discuss Fr. Ripperger's work with. Most seminaries are lamentable in Christian Warfare and don't believe demons exist or love the Holy Angels.

Acolyte

Quote from: Miriam_M on March 27, 2022, 07:20:17 PM

Found this as well

Fr. Ripperger recently said (within the month) that his website is Sensus Traditionis.  He is also associated with Auxilium Christianorum.  However, again, he has been explicit about lay people needing to get permission from their spiritual directors before joining A.C. -- for the same reason as earlier stated: frequent spiritual attacks once a person joins.  People who are well-formed spiritually can resist these attacks better, so he has asked potential members to obtain that clerical permission first.  It can initially be a rough ride.

[edited to correct my earlier error in naming the website; I just noticed that error]

Noted, I am fortunate to have at least 4 priests I can discuss it with.
St Alphonsus