Artwork that is special to you

Started by queen.saints, January 23, 2022, 05:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: james03 on January 23, 2022, 07:09:41 PM
Haunting.  If this doesn't convict you of your sin, nothing will.

I personally did not come to the Faith because I was convicted of my sin. I tried for years in various charismatic groups both "catholic" and pentecostal/protestant. And then like a decent protestant, I sinned even more.

My first steps into the Faith was a vivid conclusion about the fact that in the sequence of events there must be that First Cause. And it would a pure absurd of mentally ill and paranoid person if The First Cause did not want to reveal Himself to us mere mortals. And, and this absolutely positively happens on the Altar during TLM. I will never erase that moment from my mind, when that grace came to me.

diaduit

Quote from: Lynne on January 24, 2022, 04:25:36 PM
Quote from: diaduit on January 24, 2022, 08:55:32 AM
https://img.fruugo.com/product/6/57/70966576_max.jpg

My friend has this image in a 6ft by 5ft size poster in her business premises at the entry.  I think it is most wonderful.  She converted in past two years and strangely she lost some clients but got amazing new ones after this went up.

That *is* gorgeous! I added the image's direct link below.

Thank you Lynne, I was rushing so what I meant to write was in my friends business there was one person who was a regular for 15 years who objected relentlessly with hostility to the picture going up and she refused point blank to take it down, he left on a sour note and took a regular sizeable chunk of her weekly income....a month later and she replaced his business with another client who hates the mask and increased their use of her services and my friend was financially better off.

I know its a little cringy but this reminds me of her situation

http://www.acatholic.org/wp-content/uploads/trust-500x500.jpg

queen.saints

That's so great, diaduit. Good for your friend!
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: andy on January 24, 2022, 06:23:00 PM

I personally did not come to the Faith because I was convicted of my sin. I tried for years in various charismatic groups both "catholic" and pentecostal/protestant. And then like a decent protestant, I sinned even more.

My first steps into the Faith was a vivid conclusion about the fact that in the sequence of events there must be that First Cause. And it would a pure absurd of mentally ill and paranoid person if The First Cause did not want to reveal Himself to us mere mortals. And, and this absolutely positively happens on the Altar during TLM. I will never erase that moment from my mind, when that grace came to me.
:pray3:

andy

Quote from: Elizabeth.2 on January 25, 2022, 10:07:12 AM
Quote from: andy on January 24, 2022, 06:23:00 PM

:pray3:

Thank you for the prayers, but since I never asked for it, may I ask what prompted you to do so? Did I write something worrisome?

diaduit

I think she meant prayers of thanksgiving to God for another soul who found Him.

Elizabeth.2

Diaduit is correct.  Thank God for that moment, for co-operating with God's Grace.

andy

Quote from: Elizabeth.2 on January 26, 2022, 06:56:19 AM
  Diaduit is correct.  Thank God for that moment, for co-operating with God's Grace.

Thank for your kind words.

Kaesekopf

Fra Angelico's Annunciation.

Or any depiction of the Annunciation.  The best rosary mystery.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

james03

QuoteMy first steps into the Faith was a vivid conclusion about the fact that in the sequence of events there must be that First Cause. And it would a pure absurd of mentally ill and paranoid person if The First Cause did not want to reveal Himself to us mere mortals. And, and this absolutely positively happens on the Altar during TLM. I will never erase that moment from my mind, when that grace came to me.

Thanks for sharing that.  I witnessed a similar event when I helped convert a friend.  It was like a light switch when the Grace hits.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Melkor

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Wyo Wolverine

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose, it will defend itself."
-St. Augustine

TulitAutemAgnum

I first saw this in an old house in St. Paul where I was staying for my sister's wedding.  A Reading from Homer by Tadema

TraddingtonBear

The Virgin with Angels by William-Adolphe Bouguereau

I first saw it (well, a replica) at Our Lady of the Angels Monastery/The Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament. It took my breath away! Love Bouguereau.