Third dose/ boosters

Started by Jayne, December 17, 2021, 09:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on December 22, 2021, 01:55:24 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 22, 2021, 12:50:33 AM
Quote from: Gardener on December 21, 2021, 11:13:47 PM
Quote from: lauermar on December 21, 2021, 12:22:52 PM
@Heinrich, Uh huh. Do you grow your own Tylenol too?

@Laus, you have crossed a line with lack of charity. You're not in a position to judge me or others.

Tylenol was invented in 1955. It has no developmental relation to HEK-293 or any other fetal cell testing that we know of.

If you are going to repeat the idiotic sayings of Fr. Matthew Schneider, LC: you should probably read this article below to know they are, in fact, idiotic.

That way when you choose to say idiotic things, you do not do so ignorantly but with full awareness that you are, in fact, saying idiotic things.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/debunking-the-lie-that-all-medicines-were-tested-on-fetal-cells/

Someone feel free to quote, cus I think she has me on mute.

Me too probably but I'll give it a shot

If it doesn't work the first time, you should try a second or third....

ah ha good one Munda  ;D

MaximGun

In the UK they are now calling the 4th jab the "2nd booster"

Jayne

I recently came across an article against boosters from a pro-vaccine perspective, interestingly enough, from WHO officials.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/22/who-says-covid-vaccine-booster-programs-will-prolong-pandemic.html
QuoteWorld Health Organization officials on Wednesday criticized blanket Covid-19 vaccine booster programs as poor countries struggle to obtain initial doses, warning that the unequal access to immunizations could lead to more mutated variants that drag out the crisis.

"Blanket booster programs are likely to prolong the pandemic, rather than ending it, by diverting supply to countries that already have high levels of vaccination coverage, giving the virus more opportunity to spread and mutate," WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a news briefing.

If I had started off this whole COVID thing with any confidence in government I would have lost it by now.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

TerrorDæmonum

When the WHO and government officials make recommendations based on non-medical considerations, it really makes me wonder.

It doesn't say whether the individuals who receive the vaccines or the boosters are benefiting, only that their global view is that "some other people" might be deprived of a vaccine...but I don't think that is the case. Production is at a high level and distribution is the tricky bit. Americans getting a shot every 6 months probably won't be depriving anybody in a poor country of anything anymore than my liberal use of water is depriving Californians of water.

In fact, in my state, the state had almost a million doses quite early in the vaccination program that nobody wanted, and which were still "good", but due to the laws, they couldn't give them to anybody or ship them anywhere. So almost a million doses were discarded (I think) instead of given to a poor country. And my state isn't very large.

I don't think there is a supply shortage because of rich countries...there is a surplus because of rich countries.

Quote from: Jayne on December 23, 2021, 08:44:22 AM
If I had started off this whole COVID thing with any confidence in government I would have lost it by now.

I actually boosted my confidence, which I didn't have, in some aspects of elections.

The referendum for my state about the governor's authority became severely limited as a result of the election. He was, previously, one of the "top 3" of the worst American governors (like NYC, but smaller state). Now he's singing a different tune and all about government not interfering with people's lives and that institutions can set their own policies without government interference.

(He says "with the vaccines, we don't need those things", but we all know he's a politician.)