They want to remove St. Louis IX statue and re-name the city

Started by Santantonio, June 19, 2020, 02:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Wenceslas

All vestiges of civilization are now disappearing under the hammer blows of masonry's stooges. The revolution they gleefully participate in will consume them eventually one day.

In some way maybe it is God's way of getting rid of the garbage that has been pilling up since 1517.

The thin veneer of civilization is now being stripped away and reveling the animal part of man.

TradGranny

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 30, 2020, 03:47:37 PM
Quote from: TradGranny on June 30, 2020, 02:58:42 PM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 20, 2020, 05:02:24 PM
how great the gap can be between what a religion teaches and what its adherents actually do or even believe.

The fact is that FGM is endorsed in their book.

FGM in Islam's primary sources.

Have you read anything I posted in this thread, I wonder?

What is in Islam's primary sources and made its way into the Shariah as a recommended practice is female circumcision. I mentioned that already. You're mistakenly equating female circumcision with FGM, as any liberal would do.

I have already gone through it in this thread so I'm not going to repeat myself.

Repeating a lie does not make it true.
There are 4 or 5 different forms of FGM, and what you euphemize as female circumcision is the mildest of the group. That the worst types are illegally practiced here in the US by Moslems is well documented.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: TradGranny on July 08, 2020, 11:58:25 AM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 30, 2020, 03:47:37 PM
Quote from: TradGranny on June 30, 2020, 02:58:42 PM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 20, 2020, 05:02:24 PM
how great the gap can be between what a religion teaches and what its adherents actually do or even believe.

The fact is that FGM is endorsed in their book.

FGM in Islam's primary sources.

Have you read anything I posted in this thread, I wonder?

What is in Islam's primary sources and made its way into the Shariah as a recommended practice is female circumcision. I mentioned that already. You're mistakenly equating female circumcision with FGM, as any liberal would do.

I have already gone through it in this thread so I'm not going to repeat myself.

Repeating a lie does not make it true.
There are 4 or 5 different forms of FGM, and what you euphemize as female circumcision is the mildest of the group. That the worst types are illegally practiced here in the US by Moslems is well documented.

I take it that you consider male circumcision an act of genital mutilation, then.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

TradGranny

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 20, 2020, 07:02:24 PM
I take it that you consider male circumcision an act of genital mutilation, then.
[/quote]

https://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2017/08/male-circumcision-female-genital-mutilation-totally-different/

Female genital mutilation is widely practiced in the Middle East, North Africa, and other parts of Africa, primarily, though not exclusively, in Muslim areas. It involves cutting off much of the female genitalia when the little girl is 5 or 6 years old in order to prevent her from experiencing sexual pleasure. . . When you're talking about female genital mutilation, male circumcision should not even be part of the conversation.

It's like comparing politicians to Nazis, which I frequently hear from both sides. It doesn't really diminish the politician, because we're so used to it. But it does diminish the evil of the Nazis.

After all, if Donald Trump is a Nazi, then we now know what Nazis are. They're blowhards who attack the press and who are thin skinned. If Barack Obama is a Nazi, then we have another picture of Nazis. They're appeasers who don't mind if Islamic terrorists kill us.

Do you see what I mean? We've reduced Nazis to what we're used to seeing, and it totally takes away from the horror of what actual Nazis actually did: they murdered 6,000,000 Jews and 1,000,000 Roma and Poles systematically. They tortured people. They tore Down Syndrome babies away from their parents and shot them. They literally incinerated human beings.

There is never any reason to compare ANYONE to Nazis, unless those individuals are actually trying to wipe out a whole human race.

That comparison makes that which is totally horrible seem less horrible.
I think we do the same thing when it comes to the male circumcision/female genital mutilation debate.

If we compare the two, we lose the horror of what female genital mutilation really is. That argument is dangerous and misogynistic, because to compare the two is to diminish and disregard the real harm that is currently being done to millions of little girls around the world. Female Genital Mutilation is intended to ruin sexual pleasure forever

Activist and FGM survivor Aayan Hirsi Ali (one of my personal heroes) explains here the five different variations of female genital mutilation.

1. The 'nick': The girl is held down, her legs pushed apart and a needle is used to prick her clitoris. The incision is similar to a finger prick test for diabetes, blood comes out and the girl is considered 'cleansed'. Often there is a ritual with a little party to celebrate the procedure.

2. 'Female circumcision': The second method in terms of severity is often compared to male circumcision. The hood of the clitoris is cut off, in some cases the tip of the clitoris is cut off, known as clitoridectomy. In this form, an otherwise normally functioning body part is sliced off and thrown out. Disfiguring a little girl's genitals in this way cannot rationally be considered anything but mutilation.

3. Intermediate infibulation: In the third form of FGM, as much of the clitoris as possible is dug out and removed. The inner labia are cut off and the outer labia are sewn together leaving two small holes for urination and menstruation. In places where this is done without 'medical intervention' girls have been known to bleed to death. After infibulation is done it is imperceptible what has taken place when the girl stands up with her legs together, but in the obstetrician's position it is clearly visible that parts of her genitals have been removed and sewn up.

Sadly, we are only just past half way and female genital mutilation gets worse. No doubt setting out these practices in detail is disturbing but it is crucial that we speak openly about what is taking place rather than shroud it in euphemism so as not to cause offence.

4. Total infibulation: In the fourth type of FGM the clitoris and inner labia are cut off and the outer labia are cut or scraped off too, then sewn up. When the girl stands, even with her legs closed, her genitals clearly look different. 

5. Vaginal fusing: In the fifth type of FGM, which is rarely discussed, all of the fourth type is done and then the inner walls of the vagina are scratched to cause bleeding and the sewing is again done. The girl's feet are tied together in an effort to fuse the two sides of the vagina with scar tissue to close it up. Children can die undergoing this.

While the first one doesn't sound so bad (although it would still be terrifying, shameful, and tremendously painful), the other four are designed to make sure that the girl never experiences sexual pleasure in her whole life.

When a boy is circumcised, especially a baby boy, it is has nothing to do with his sex drive, and has no effect on his sex drive whatsoever. It is not saying that his genitals are shameful or that he is wrong to have sexual feelings.

The whole reason that some doctors justify doing the procedure on these little girls is that otherwise, in their culture, the girls would have no hope of marrying, because no one will marry a girl who is not mutilated. She is seen as property, and the relatives have the right to do this to her. They say it is out of love to protect her future, but the fact remains that it is simply a culture which says that she has no worth if she is not subordinate to her husband's desires.

Instead of there being mutuality in marriage where each gives to the other, FGM sets up a woman to only ever give to a man while taking nothing in return. It is not intimacy; it is slavery. And it is ever so wrong.

Yes, male circumcision involves taking off a piece of his body–his foreskin. But that is not a vital part of his body, and he can function very well without it. FGM, on the other hand, is actual mutilation, and in many parts of the world it is done with sharp pieces of glass, a rusty razor blade, and no anaesthetic.

A girl's clitoris is never a medical problem. There is never a need to remove it. Many adult males, however, do need to be circumcised because of repeated urinary tract infections, phimosis or paraphimosis (where the foreskin is tight and won't stretch around the head of the penis, or when it retracts and won't go back), or other reasons. The foreskin is not necessary to a full, healthy life, and indeed, many men live healthier lives without it. That can never, ever be said about FGM.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila