They want to remove St. Louis IX statue and re-name the city

Started by Santantonio, June 19, 2020, 02:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santantonio

King and Saint Louis IX was one of the most holy rulers in all history. Now, some want his statue removed
and the city of Saint Louis re-named.

ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - A petition has been made with hopes of changing the city's name in St. Louis and taking down a statue of its namesake, Saint Louis IX in Forest Park. The creators say the city's name is "outright disrespect" to Jewish and Muslim residents and they're asking for support.
The petition on Change.org was started this week, after the statue of Christopher Columbus in Tower Grove Park was taken away. Local writer Umar Lee is a co-signer of the petition.
"For those unfamiliar with King Louis IX he was a rabid anti-semite who spearheaded many persecutions against the Jewish people. Centuries later Nazi Germany gained inspiration and ideas from Louis IX as they embarked on a campaign of murderous genocide against the Jewish people. Louis IX was also vehemently Islamophobic and led a murderous crusade against Muslims which ultimately cost him his life," the petition states.
The statue of Louis IX, which now sits on top of Art Hill in front of the St. Louis Art Museum, was unveiled in 1906. It served as the symbol of St. Louis until the Gateway Arch was completed in 1965.
Louis IX is the only King of France to be canonized in the Catholic Church. He became king when he was 12-years-old and is credited with changing the judicial process in France, with trials no longer being settled by combat, but instead by evidence and Roman law.
He was also known as a devoted Catholic, who ordered the burning of some 12,000 manuscript copies of the Talmud and other Jewish books.
"I ask all people of good faith committed to the modern values of equity and coexistence to sign this petition to rename the City of St. Louis to something more suitable and indicative of our values," the petition states.
https://kmox.radio.com/articles/news/petition-calls-for-st-louis-to-be-renamed-statue-removed

james03

This has always been a jewish revolt.  The jew will burn his own house to the ground if it will negatively impact Christians.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

clau clau

First they came for the Lou's ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...

My son is named after St. Louis.  I was married on St. Louis' feast day (25 August) almost 30 years ago.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

LuxVera

Maybe Mr Umar should remind everyone that his prophet likes young girls (and boys); that Islam has lead numberless genocides in times past into former Christian/Jewish/Zoroastian lands; that Muslim women have their genitalia mutilated throughout the world; that his ultimate goal and those of his brethren is to replace American law (well, whatever is currently left of it) with sharia law and dhimmitude; and that his religion is definitely NOT friendly to sodomites because they either get pushed off buildings or murdered.

It's bad enough so many Americans have become retarded the last couple weeks..Maybe Umar can do everyone a favor and go crawl back into the shit pit that he came from, probably a place where a majority of Catholics would have lived at some point in history. Or he can go join his coolies in the self-created ghetto of CHAZ.

St Louis of France=Catholic law and order....Umar and his prophet=death and dhimmitude
"Keep innocency, and take heed unto the thing that is right: for that shall bring a man peace at the last."  -Psalm 37:38, Coverdale Psalter

Matto

Quote from: LuxVera on June 19, 2020, 06:22:26 PM
Muslim women have their genitalia mutilated throughout the world

Just a minor point. Muslims mutilate the genitalia of both boys and girls. So I guess they are more fair than Jews and Judaized Christians who only mutilate the genitals of baby boys.
I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

discalced

Quote from: Matto on June 19, 2020, 07:09:01 PM

Just a minor point. Muslims mutilate the genitalia of both boys and girls. So I guess they are more fair than Jews and Judaized Christians who only mutilate the genitals of baby boys.

Mutilate is a strong word. Nothing wrong with a little trim to keep things neat.

On another note, have you heard of "intactivists"? "Your parents, you are told by the intactivists, mutilated you when you were a defenseless child, violating your human rights and your bodily integrity. Without your consent, they destroyed the most vital component of your penis, seriously reducing your sexual pleasure and permanently hobbling you with a maimed member."

I made the mistake of arguing with some of these folks online. These are grown men, literally crying about their foreskin, cursing their parents for the horrible abuse. It's absolutely ridiculous. I mentioned I had my son circumcised in the hospital and I was thoroughly vilified. It was entertaining.
Residuum revertetur!

Climbing Carmel

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: discalced on June 19, 2020, 07:46:04 PM
Quote from: Matto on June 19, 2020, 07:09:01 PM

Mutilate is a strong word. Nothing wrong with a little trim to keep things neat.

On another note, have you heard of "intactivists"? "Your parents, you are told by the intactivists, mutilated you when you were a defenseless child, violating your human rights and your bodily integrity. Without your consent, they destroyed the most vital component of your penis, seriously reducing your sexual pleasure and permanently hobbling you with a maimed member."

I made the mistake of arguing with some of these folks online. These are grown men, literally crying about their foreskin, cursing their parents for the horrible abuse. It's absolutely ridiculous. I mentioned I had my son circumcised in the hospital and I was thoroughly vilified. It was entertaining.

The truth remains that the genitalia of Muslim boys and girls aren't "mutilated" in any real sense.

It's just another liberal soundbite that, sadly, is also parroted in traditional circles.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

james03

Vetus,
You are a sick pup.  Defending female genital mutilation now?  That's how important it is to believe in your pedophile prophet and his demon god?
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: james03 on June 19, 2020, 10:36:06 PM
Vetus,
You are a sick pup.  Defending female genital mutilation now?  That's how important it is to believe in your pedophile prophet and his demon god?

I'm afraid you are unable to ascertain the veracity of an issue that doesn't conform to your provincial bias.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 19, 2020, 10:47:24 PM
Vetus,

I'm afraid you are unable to ascertain the veracity of an issue that doesn't conform to your provincial bias.

James is right.  I can't believe you are defending this horrendous practice.

Do you even know what is involved in female genital mutilation as carried out in a number of Moslem states?  Are you are of the trauma involved?
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on June 20, 2020, 01:21:28 AM
Vetus,

Do you even know what is involved in female genital mutilation as carried out in a number of Moslem states?  Are you are of the trauma involved?

Instead of projecting an imaginary sickness onto the interlocutor, you would do better to analyze these issues more thoroughly before feigning outrage. If you did so, you could easily see through the liberal bias. The Islamic tradition merely recommends, although it does not command, a clipping of the clitoral hood, an analogous practice to the removal of the prepuce in males. Consider, for instance, that Islamic law protects a woman's right to sexual enjoyment, as demonstrated by the fact that a woman has the right to divorce on the grounds that her husband does not provide sexual satisfaction. It follows that Islamic law prohibits clitorodectomy or infibulation, or any true genital mutilation which impairs the woman's ability to enjoy sex. Such prohibitions are consistent with the larger corpus of Sunni jurisprudence that generally forbids harm to the human body.

However, since you desperately want everything about Islam to be wrong and vile, you end up with the same choir of people who decry male circumcision, as prescribed by God in the OT, as an act of "mutilation." The very term is loaded and denotes bias. Coincidentally, these are often the very same people who celebrate the fashion of "body modification," including the piercing with jewelry of the male glans or the female clitoris, as commendable acts of personal liberty and fulfillment. The irony is inescapable.

abc123

That a thread started about the removal of a statue of St. Louis has in under a dozen posts become a thread about female genital mutilation might be the fastest and most abrupt redirection I've ever seen on a forum.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 20, 2020, 09:34:41 AM
Quote from: awkwardcustomer on June 20, 2020, 01:21:28 AM
Vetus,

Instead of projecting an imaginary sickness onto the interlocutor, you would do better to analyze these issues more thoroughly before feigning outrage. If you did so, you could easily see through the liberal bias. The Islamic tradition merely recommends, although it does not command, a clipping of the clitoral hood, an analogous practice to the removal of the prepuce in males. Consider, for instance, that Islamic law protects a woman's right to sexual enjoyment, as demonstrated by the fact that a woman has the right to divorce on the grounds that her husband does not provide sexual satisfaction. It follows that Islamic law prohibits clitorodectomy or infibulation, or any true genital mutilation which impairs the woman's ability to enjoy sex. Such prohibitions are consistent with the larger corpus of Sunni jurisprudence that generally forbids harm to the human body.

However, since you desperately want everything about Islam to be wrong and vile, you end up with the same choir of people who decry male circumcision, as prescribed by God in the OT, as an act of "mutilation." The very term is loaded and denotes bias. Coincidentally, these are often the very same people who celebrate the fashion of "body modification," including the piercing with jewelry of the male glans or the female clitoris, as commendable acts of personal liberty and fulfillment. The irony is inescapable.

What nonsense are you talking, while you look down your nose from a great height?

Your description of the practice bears no relation at all to the horrendous mutilations that are inflicted on millions of young girls every year across predominantly Moslem Africa.  Have you any idea at all what goes on?  I hesitate to post anything here to show the extent of it, which includes the complete removal of the clitoris, the complete removal of the labia, followed by whatever raw flesh is left being sewn together, with a tiny gap left for the passage of urine and menstrual blood.  All with no anaesthetic while the girl is held down on a kitchen table.

You accuse me of liberal bias and then you compare the infliction of the above on a child with the decision of an adult to indulge in tattoos and piercings.  There's no comparison.

Are you a robot?
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on June 20, 2020, 01:10:26 PM
What nonsense are you talking, while you look down your nose from a great height?

Facts.

QuoteYour description of the practice bears no relation at all to the horrendous mutilations that are inflicted on millions of young girls every year across predominantly Moslem Africa.  Have you any idea at all what goes on?  I hesitate to post anything here to show the extent of it, which includes the complete removal of the clitoris, the complete removal of the labia, followed by whatever raw flesh is left being sewn together, with a tiny gap left for the passage of urine and menstrual blood.  All with no anaesthetic while the girl is held down on a kitchen table.

What you are describing are African cultural customs that predate Islam by several centuries and that are practiced in some Muslim-majority countries by Muslims and non-Muslims alike. They are not sanctioned by Islamic law. In my previous post, I described what is the actual teaching of the Sunnah regarding female circumcision, although it is rarely enforced these days.