"grinding down the poor" as the Word says

Started by longstrangetrip5, August 14, 2018, 09:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longstrangetrip5

It's interesting that politicians do not talk about the problems of the poor. Neither do the media (to speak of).

They talk about the middle class
They talk about wealthy CEOs et. al.
They talk about celebrities in Hollywood

everyone but the most needy of all..

Sorry, but there is something really demented about that..

I knew this guy yrs ago who lived in his van. He mostly did it to save money; he only made minimum wage. He was a good worker, high IQ, very intersting to talk to.. a little too liberal for me but not a flaming lib (would comment on how it is wrong to deliberately bring children into the world without a father, etc...) but anyway, one reason he was so poor is the system that .. grinds down the poor" as the Word  allegedly puts it (i got that phrase from some other poster who used those exact words, not sure if those are the words in the scirpture psg).

It is really bad when you can't afford even a humble apartment because of GREED. I never could understand why landlords charge as much as they do..

They could make a profit charging half as much as they do.. but they are all (or most are) greedy

+

dellery

Don't be ridiculous.

Phony, OBESE, lazy, so-called poor people, grind down the truly poor people by deceitfully conflating their lack of effort with poverty. You can't be poor and weigh 300 lbs.

Keep in mind, we live in a nation that does it's best to eliminate poverty at home; because of this, worthless fat-bodies (or fat-bodies in spirit). make themselves poor to leach benefits that are meant for poor people. The false-poor are going to condition callousness in people towards the true poor.

There is Section 8 housing available for those who can't afford rent. You can not expect a landlord, or anybody, to make their lives harder to make yours easier. This is selfish and not right. 
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

longstrangetrip5

Quote from: dellery on August 14, 2018, 04:36:22 PM
Don't be ridiculous.

Phony, OBESE, lazy, so-called poor people, grind down the truly poor people by deceitfully conflating their lack of effort with poverty. You can't be poor and weigh 300 lbs.

Keep in mind, we live in a nation that does it's best to eliminate poverty at home; because of this, worthless fat-bodies (or fat-bodies in spirit). make themselves poor to leach benefits that are meant for poor people. The false-poor are going to condition callousness in people towards the true poor.

There is Section 8 housing available for those who can't afford rent. You can not expect a landlord, or anybody, to make their lives harder to make yours easier. This is selfish and not right.
I know  this is hard to believe but not all poor people abuse the system

nice stereotyping, there.

dellery

Quote from: longstrangetrip5 on August 16, 2018, 12:10:09 PM
Don't be ridiculous.

That's why I said phony poor people abuse aid that is supposed to go to truly poor people.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions

longstrangetrip5

Quote from: dellery on August 16, 2018, 12:16:27 PM
Quote from: longstrangetrip5 on August 16, 2018, 12:10:09 PM
Don't be ridiculous.

That's why I said phony poor people abuse aid that is supposed to go to truly poor people.
ok, yes you did

but overall, the post sounds rather.. condescending toward poor people. Remember, Jesus did not own a home and had no fixed abode. Also, he  told us to give our un-needed (my words) things to the poor and follow him.. How many do that ?

not many in my world...

dellery

Quote from: longstrangetrip5 on August 16, 2018, 12:26:37 PM

ok, yes you did

but overall, the post sounds rather.. condescending toward poor people. Remember, Jesus did not own a home and had no fixed abode. Also, he  told us to give our un-needed (my words) things to the poor and follow him.. How many do that ?

not many in my world...

I actually like poor people way more than those in my income bracket, and celebrated Independence Day with friends in a trailer park on one of the rougher sides of greater Chicago-land.

As I keep saying though, most people who claim to be poor are not.

I've seen families with no sewage/running water in Pine Ridge, SD, had a friend suffer a catastrophic injury away from work -- no worker's comp-- causing him to be permanently disabled, visited a river island of heroine addicts living in shacks and boats with their children (here in the US!)
These are poor people.

Fat fingered Cheeto-breathers, and blunt smoking, crybaby negros are not poor, they are lowlifes and deserve much less than they have.

You have to learn the difference between a scumbag and a poor person if you really want to help the impoverished.

Edit: Struggling millennials, too busy "finding something fulfilling" than to fulfill their duties are not poor either; they are decadent, and lowlifes as well.

Seriously, don't be one of these people.

Happiness largely comes from accepting your life and playing it like a video game, not from how easy it is to make rent.

Nous Defions

Kaesekopf

Quote from: longstrangetrip5 on August 14, 2018, 09:07:00 AM
It's interesting that politicians do not talk about the problems of the poor. Neither do the media (to speak of).

They talk about the middle class
They talk about wealthy CEOs et. al.
They talk about celebrities in Hollywood

everyone but the most needy of all..

Sorry, but there is something really demented about that..

I knew this guy yrs ago who lived in his van. He mostly did it to save money; he only made minimum wage. He was a good worker, high IQ, very intersting to talk to.. a little too liberal for me but not a flaming lib (would comment on how it is wrong to deliberately bring children into the world without a father, etc...) but anyway, one reason he was so poor is the system that .. grinds down the poor" as the Word  allegedly puts it (i got that phrase from some other poster who used those exact words, not sure if those are the words in the scirpture psg).

It is really bad when you can't afford even a humble apartment because of GREED. I never could understand why landlords charge as much as they do..

They could make a profit charging half as much as they do.. but they are all (or most are) greedy

+

someone wrote a post detailing why landlords charge what they do.

do you just spew out verbal diarrhea on the forum and then ignore it?  O.o
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Greg

Landlords charge what they do so that housing is available to people with the money to rent it.  Like the rest of us, they charge what the market will bear.

If they charged less, not only would they make less money (they only make about 5%), but when a productive executive father of 4 wanted to rent a house it wouldn't be available, because some poorer person would be living there.  Supply and demand need to balance and the best way is a market economy.  That is why I am typing this in bed.  Because the economy allows me to do it on a 200 dollar android tablet made by Koreans or Chinamen.

Also, go to the poorer parts of the state or country and what do you find?  Leaky roofs, blocked gutters, clogged up soakaways, termites, rats.  The poor don't maintain the places they live.  They are inept, and unmotivated to even keep their own neighbourhoods clean.   It is very rare to see a poor person with a well kept garden, neat fence, swept front step, clean windows, vacuumed house, unblocked gutters.  On my recent trip around Asia the only poor Asian country I visited, which wasnt a trash strewn shithole was Burma.

I spend every Saturday maintaining my house, cleaning the garden and street, making hanging baskets for single mothers and other elderly neighbours, spraying roundup weedkiller so kerbs and alleyways are clear.  Costs peanuts to do, but takes time.  The tattooed classes are at home watching cable TV and drinking cheap booze.  Go to any middle class neighbourhood and you find people pottering around at the weekend tidying their own nests.

When is the last time you went to a neat and tidy trailer park?  What stops them keeping the place as neat as a pin to the betterment of all who live there?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

dymphnaw

longstrangetrip5

Quote from: Greg on August 16, 2018, 11:50:23 PM
Landlords charge what they do so that housing is available to people with the money to rent it.  Like the rest of us, they charge what the market will bear.

If they charged less, not only would they make less money (they only make about 5%),

the highlighted part is a HUGE ... "un-truth" shall we say

therefore I am not going to bother reading the rest

+

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Gardener

I already wrote an entire post with real world examples of awful, crappy apartments that showed for that property, $800/mo total per unit ($200 per 4 people) would cause the investor/landlord to break even for almost 10 years assuming nothing broke and required repair, and everyone always paid in full on time.

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=20343.msg449871#msg449871

You are utterly delusional.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

longstrangetrip5

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

drummerboy

Don't be ridiculous.

You heartless bastard!  Don't you realize its their bad back that's disabled them for life!?  They would just LOVE to get back to work if they could, if not for their back  ;)
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne