Author Topic: "grinding down the poor" as the Word says  (Read 1292 times)

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: More Catholic than the Pope
Re: "grinding down the poor" as the Word says
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 09:03:55 PM »

ok, yes you did

but overall, the post sounds rather.. condescending toward poor people. Remember, Jesus did not own a home and had no fixed abode. Also, he  told us to give our un-needed (my words) things to the poor and follow him.. How many do that ?

not many in my world...

I actually like poor people way more than those in my income bracket, and celebrated Independence Day with friends in a trailer park on one of the rougher sides of greater Chicago-land.

As I keep saying though, most people who claim to be poor are not.

I've seen families with no sewage/running water in Pine Ridge, SD, had a friend suffer a catastrophic injury away from work -- no worker's comp-- causing him to be permanently disabled, visited a river island of heroine addicts living in shacks and boats with their children (here in the US!)
These are poor people.

Fat fingered Cheeto-breathers, and blunt smoking, crybaby negros are not poor, they are lowlifes and deserve much less than they have.

You have to learn the difference between a scumbag and a poor person if you really want to help the impoverished.

Edit: Struggling millennials, too busy "finding something fulfilling" than to fulfill their duties are not poor either; they are decadent, and lowlifes as well.

Seriously, don't be one of these people.

Happiness largely comes from accepting your life and playing it like a video game, not from how easy it is to make rent.

= homeless by choice

Offline longstrangetrip5

• Korporal
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: "grinding down the poor" as the Word says
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 03:36:41 PM »

ok, yes you did

but overall, the post sounds rather.. condescending toward poor people. Remember, Jesus did not own a home and had no fixed abode. Also, he  told us to give our un-needed (my words) things to the poor and follow him.. How many do that ?

not many in my world...

I actually like poor people way more than those in my income bracket, and celebrated Independence Day with friends in a trailer park on one of the rougher sides of greater Chicago-land.

As I keep saying though, most people who claim to be poor are not.

I've seen families with no sewage/running water in Pine Ridge, SD, had a friend suffer a catastrophic injury away from work -- no worker's comp-- causing him to be permanently disabled, visited a river island of heroine addicts living in shacks and boats with their children (here in the US!)
These are poor people.

Fat fingered Cheeto-breathers, and blunt smoking, crybaby negros are not poor, they are lowlifes and deserve much less than they have.

You have to learn the difference between a scumbag and a poor person if you really want to help the impoverished.

Edit: Struggling millennials, too busy "finding something fulfilling" than to fulfill their duties are not poor either; they are decadent, and lowlifes as well.

Seriously, don't be one of these people.

Happiness largely comes from accepting your life and playing it like a video game, not from how easy it is to make rent.

= homeless by choice

yes, kind of like... Sophie's Choice

kind of like: Hey, do you want to be killed by Stalin or Hitler?

[roll eyes]