Citizenship Test

Started by Bonaventure, December 29, 2012, 02:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Ancilla Domini

I got 47/50  94%. 

But I was born in this country, so I don't need to know nuthin' about it.  :D

Ben

This question has too many right answers:

19) What are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy?

A. vote and volunteer as a social worker
B. help with a campaign and give an elected official your opinion on an issue
C. write to a newspaper and speak in the United Nations
D. serve on a jury and join a political party

Lyubov

??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Francisco Suárez

QuoteRESULT:
You need 60% to pass the test.
You answered correctly 39 out of 50 questions. Your score is 78%.

Mr. Mysterious

Got a 47 out of 50. Not bad.
"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Ben on December 29, 2012, 10:56:36 AM
This question has too many right answers:

19) What are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy?

A. vote and volunteer as a social worker
B. help with a campaign and give an elected official your opinion on an issue
C. write to a newspaper and speak in the United Nations
D. serve on a jury and join a political party

Yes, there were a couple of questions like that.

Bonaventure

Considering that a non-American easily passed the test, it should not be that difficult.

I have several family members who passed the test.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Penelope

I got a 48/50. The two questions I got wrong were:

Quote14) What is one responsibility that is only for United States citizens? *
A. vote in a federal election
B. serve in the army
C. live and work in the United States
D. volunteer as a social worker

I chose C., but the answer was A. I think I misinterpreted the question, perhaps due to my dislike of democracy and of voting and my interpretation of the word 'responsibility' to mean 'obligation.'

Quote15) What is the supreme law of the land?
A. the Constitution
B. the federal law
C. the command of the president of United States
D. the Declaration of Independence

I chose B., but the correct answer was A. I chose B. because whenever state laws and federal laws contradict, federal laws are supreme, but perhaps I was reading too much into the question.

Anyway, I passed. Good thing, considering they let me teach history at my old school...

Gottmitunsalex

"For our citizenship is in heaven; whence also we wait for a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:"
From a protestant bible. (utilizes the word citizenship)  ;D

From our bible:
"But our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, our Lord Jesus Christ,"
Philippians 3:20

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

LouisIX

This was quite easy.  I've heard that many natural-born citizens can't pass this.  That seems impossible.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: LouisIX on December 30, 2012, 02:47:27 PM
This was quite easy.  I've heard that many natural-born citizens can't pass this.  That seems impossible.

You must not know many people.

They are dumb.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 30, 2012, 07:59:14 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on December 30, 2012, 02:47:27 PM

You must not know many people.

They are dumb.

They, the people.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Hat And Beard

I got 48/50, and the two questions I missed were "Name a war fought in the 1900s" which I misread as 19th Century :D and "Name a power given to the states" which I said form an army, because I thought the states had the right to a militia. Oh well, shows how little I know about America!

OCLittleFlower

48/50

Missed a question about who wrote the Federalist papers, and for some reason I thought Green Card holders could get jury duty.  :P
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.