The Bible Commands Both Clergy And Laity Receive Both Bread And The Cup Of Wine

Started by Albert Kopsho, August 30, 2016, 01:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Kopsho

The Bible commands that both clergy and laity receive both the bread and the cup of wine. So all Catholics should receive both the bread and the cup of wine during Holy Communion since the Bible commands it.
8)

piabee

Fleur-de-Lys

From the Catholic Encyclopedia:

QuoteThe Nestorians were condemned in the patristic period, and the heretics in the Council of Trent, because they denied that the Real Presence was whole and entire under each form (Denzinger-Bannwart, 930 sqq.; Mansi, XXX). The Nestorians had denied that the Real Presence was wholly and entirely under each form. The bread, they said, contained only the Body of Christ and the wine only His Blood. This is heretical. Because, as the Church quotes (and the text is the authentic Greek), "whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord" (1 Corinthians 11:27). For, "Christ rising again from the dead, dieth now no more" (Romans 6:9). Separation of flesh and blood is death, and hence Christ's presence whole and entire under each species is a dogma of Catholic belief. Catholic theology offers this explanation: By the words of consecration, Christ's Body is under the appearance of bread, and His Blood under the appearance of wine. The Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ form one indivisible Person, and must be found together. That virtue or force which unites the body to the blood, and vice versa, in the Eucharist, is known in Catholic theology under the term concomitance. Utraquism tended to undo this dogma, because it declared communion under both forms essential to salvation. This was virtually to deny that Christ was whole and entire under each form. It went further, in declaring that Communion-the reception of the Eucharist-was absolutely necessary to salvation.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15244b.htm

Albert Kopsho

Quote from: piabee on August 30, 2016, 01:15:07 PM
Quote?
Well the fact that at the Last Supper all 12 Jesus followers received both the bread and the cup of wine is proof that Holy Communion is supposed to be received under both the bread and the cup of wine by both clergy and laity.
>:(

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Albert Kopsho on August 30, 2016, 01:28:14 PM
Quote?
Well the fact that at the Last Supper all 12 Jesus followers received both the bread and the cup of wine is proof that Holy Communion is supposed to be received under both the bread and the cup of wine by both clergy and laity.

No, it's not.

King Wenceslas

Sagradocorazon

Quote?
That's not a command. And that's the second you've used that little angry face that I've seen...calm down a little
Jesus, Mary I love You, save souls

Michael Wilson

Quote?
The Apostles were not "laity" but Our Lord Consecrated them priests by the words: "as often as you shall do this, you will do it in memory of me." (Catechism of the Council of Trent)
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Bernadette

Quote from: Albert Kopsho on August 30, 2016, 01:02:45 PM
The Bible commands that both clergy and laity receive both the bread and the cup of wine. So all Catholics should receive both the bread and the cup of wine during Holy Communion since the Bible commands it.
8)

It's not bread and wine anymore after the consecration. People might take your points a little more seriously if you pin this sort of stuff down first.

Edit: And yes, please do continue to tell us all how wrong we are. Please. Do.  :coffee:
My Lord and my God.

SamVanHouten

Quote from: Albert Kopsho on August 30, 2016, 01:02:45 PM
8)

Whom do you serve, Luther or CHRIST?

LouisIX

Quote?

Well, with top-notch arguments like that...
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Miriam_M

Pheo

Quote from: Albert Kopsho on August 30, 2016, 01:28:14 PMproof that Holy Communion is supposed to be received under both the bread and the cup of wine

Well there's your problem right there.  Only accidents remain after the Consecration, so we don't receive "bread" or "wine."  Both species of Holy Communion contain the same substance.  Lining up at the Novus Ordo self-communion "cup" queue is totally unnecessary.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Michael Wilson on August 30, 2016, 04:37:48 PM
Quote?
The Apostles were not "laity" but Our Lord Consecrated them priests by the words: "as often as you shall do this, you will do it in memory of me." (Catechism of the Council of Trent)
THIS!
Albert what are you trying to prove and what are your motives?
This is a traditionalist forum where people know the true teachings of the Catholic Church. Perhaps you disdain traditions or just want to prove your own concepts by finding friendly souls here. In any case why not join a Lutheran forum.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Michael Wilson

"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers