Author Topic: "Good" places to live in (U.S.A.)  (Read 3334 times)

Offline JanSobieski

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: "Good" places to live in (U.S.A.)
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »
I live in NJ for economic reasons and I am blessed that an FSSP chapel is just 10 minutes from where I live. That being said, NJ (northern at least) is suburbia for the most part - but it gets more livable and ruralish the further west you go.

While it is a "good" place to live now, personally I find the idealism of a traditional Catholic village movement to be very appealing. The thing is I don't think anyone would agree on the place to build that sort of "utopia".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know millions have left NJ (including me) for economic reasons but never have I heard somebody staying for economic reasons  ;)

I'm guessing you live near Our Lady of Fatima in Pequannock? That is a beautiful little chapel.

Ha! I'm an oddity. My line of work is very geographically specific and dependent on the city. My aunt and uncle left for Florida a few years back and so did my cousins.

I would probably join the exodus out of the state once my wife and I have kids (Lord willing) and I finish my masters to get more flexibility in finding work outside of the Tri-state area. It would be nice to live in a small town with a concentration of families that belong to the traditional Roman rite and Byzantine rite. That would be an ideal place - but any place with that is more family oriented, good job opportunities and access to the TLM is a good place to be.

It is a beautiful chapel!  We are blessed in Northern New Jersey to not only have Our Lady of Fatima (FSSP) but also St. Anthony of Padua in North Caldwell (SSPX), St. Anthony of Padua in West Orange (ICKSP) and St. Anthony of Padua in Jersey City (Diocesan).

The following users thanked this post: JubilateDeo, Perpetua

Offline abc123

• Wachtmeister
Re: "Good" places to live in (U.S.A.)
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 12:52:43 PM »
I live in NJ for economic reasons and I am blessed that an FSSP chapel is just 10 minutes from where I live. That being said, NJ (northern at least) is suburbia for the most part - but it gets more livable and ruralish the further west you go.

While it is a "good" place to live now, personally I find the idealism of a traditional Catholic village movement to be very appealing. The thing is I don't think anyone would agree on the place to build that sort of "utopia".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know millions have left NJ (including me) for economic reasons but never have I heard somebody staying for economic reasons  ;)

I'm guessing you live near Our Lady of Fatima in Pequannock? That is a beautiful little chapel.

Ha! I'm an oddity. My line of work is very geographically specific and dependent on the city. My aunt and uncle left for Florida a few years back and so did my cousins.

I would probably join the exodus out of the state once my wife and I have kids (Lord willing) and I finish my masters to get more flexibility in finding work outside of the Tri-state area. It would be nice to live in a small town with a concentration of families that belong to the traditional Roman rite and Byzantine rite. That would be an ideal place - but any place with that is more family oriented, good job opportunities and access to the TLM is a good place to be.

It is a beautiful chapel!  We are blessed in Northern New Jersey to not only have Our Lady of Fatima (FSSP) but also St. Anthony of Padua in North Caldwell (SSPX), St. Anthony of Padua in West Orange (ICKSP) and St. Anthony of Padua in Jersey City (Diocesan).

I've been to each of those churches. All very nice.

The following users thanked this post: JanSobieski