Vestment Fundraiser--Discussion

Started by christulsa, July 31, 2015, 12:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

Hey Suscipe Domine Friends,

My wife Cecil and I go to the SSPX in Tulsa, OK.  Cecil makes traditional vestments, and recently I started a thread on how to expand her vestment business.  Many of you gave great advise. 

Kaesekopf and the Mods were gracious to allow us to post a Vestment Fundraiser for an SSPX priest--see bolded sticky.  If you have any questions, I'll try and check in daily and answer them.   This thread is for Discussion, thanks. 

Chris in Tulsa

christulsa

We've got pics of Cecil's past work here, click on PHOTOS:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/941171129276586/

I'll post more later.

Elliott

When donating how do you indicate the name you want embroidered?

christulsa

Quote from: Elliott on July 31, 2015, 03:11:34 PM
When donating how do you indicate the name you want embroidered?

You can leave a comment with the name you'd like when clicking to donate.   We'll also email you when the fundraiser is over to verify if you want a name embroidered, which name, and for $100+ donors their address for sending their vestment calendar gift.

Raised $155 already!   ;D 

Kaesekopf

Nice! 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

christulsa

Cecil made this red set for Fr Daniel Themann, SSPX when he was our pastor in Tulsa.  Photo is in our sacristy.  Shes making a similar one, but more ornate, for Fr Ghela.

christulsa

WANTED:  Suscipe Co-fundraisers for Fr. Ghela

Qualifications:  internet connection, ideally people active on FB, Twitter, email

Pay: none

Hours: 24, 7

Gift: let me know if youre on board and recruited donors, Cecil will embroider your name (or perhaps the name of a deceased relative with "RIP" by their name) on the inside, back of Fr Ghelas new chasuble, with the donor names, to remember you at Mass.

LETS GET THE WORD OUT!!!

christulsa

UPDATE:  in less than 12 hours we've raised $175!!

Story about Fr. Ghela:

In April/May of 2009 I visited my future wife Cecil in Bohol, Philippines, and had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with Father--driving around town, choir practices, dinners in restaurants, the annual pilgrimage.  His approach is to socialize with the faithful, especially young people, to get them more involved.

I first met Father at a small chapel in the jungles near Dogahoy, Philippines.  Many children from the neighborhood attended his Mass on their own.  Later there was a grand potluck with chicken adobo, barbeque, sticky rice, etc.  I was sitting next to Father who's a big guy.  He was slender in his seminary days.  He made a joke.  "When you are ordained a priest you receive d grace;  later your parishioners give you d grease."   ;D

christulsa

We're at $275 in just 1 day!!!  Thank you!

Another personal story about Fr. Ghela.  It was the last day of the 2009 Annual SSPX Filipino Pilgrimage.  I had dragged myself with the pilgrims through blistering humidity from village to village.  Shirt drenched in sweat.  But it was one of the most spiritually edifying experiences of my life.  We finally arrived at Carmen, in the middle of the island of Bohol, and ascended the hill to the Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima.  Hundreds of pilgrims knelt while Fr. Ghela led them in the final 3 decade rosary.  Suddenly it started to downpour.  Tropical downpour. 

When we finished the rosary, Fr. stood up in the pouring rain and preached one of the most moving homilies I've ever heard to conclude the pilgrimage, about the four last things, and how we must persevere to the end. At the very moment he spoke about the Resurrection, suddenly it stopped raining instantly and the Sun was shining in the sky. Across the hills to the east was a rainbow!  He paused, and gave his characteristically wide smile.  I'll never forget that. 

christulsa

2 $50 donations since last night!!  Now at $375.

...since launching on Friday

:beer: :toth: :seeya: :grouphug: :thumbsup: :cheer:

:popcorn:

christulsa

christulsa

christulsa

$495

:pray1:  Thank you Lord.

Fr. Ghela recruiting Cardinal Vidal of Cebu, Philippines to support the SSPX Rosary Crusade

christulsa

christulsa