Rorate Caeli: Bishop Williamson to consecrate bishops

Started by ADMG, March 16, 2015, 12:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADMG

Kaesekopf

FORMER SSPX Bishop Williamson to consecrate bishop(s)
From Rorate Caeli Blog
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2015/03/breaking-exclusive-former-sspx-bishop.html

It was only a matter of time. Ever since Bishop Richard Williamson eventually caused the Society of Saint Pius X (FSSPX / SSPX) to force his own expulsion from that Society in 2012, the watch has been on for him to consecrate one or more bishops. This became even more inevitable as he has failed to recruit any significant number of clergy or faithful away from the SSPX in a so-called "Resistance" attempt.

Rorate can now report at least one consecration will occur on March 19 (Feast of St. Joseph).

According to our sources, Bishop Williamson plans to consecrate Fr. Jean-Michel Faure at the monastery of Santa Cruz (that also broke with the SSPX in 2012) in Nova Friburgo, a city in the state of  Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Fr. Faure, who is 73, entered the SSPX seminary of Ecône in 1972 and was ordained a priest by Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre in 1977.

He had previously been Superior of the SSPX District of South America and Rector of the Seminary of La Reja in Argentina. He openly manifested his disagreement with Bishop Fellay, the Superior General of the SSPX, and left the Society in 2013.

We have also heard, but cannot confirm, that Bishop Williamson may also consecrate Fr. Innocent Marie.

Fr. Marie was ordained at Ecône by Archbishop Lefebvre in 1982. He is the founder of the convent of Avrillé in France, of Dominican spirituality, which also recently broke ties with the SSPX.

Note that the SSPX is absolutely and completely unrelated to any activities of Williamson since his removal from that Society in 2012.

The penalties eventually related to the 1988 consecrations on those who were then the four bishops of the SSPX (currently three, after the expulsion of Williamson) were lifted by the Holy See on January 21, 2009, by order of Pope Benedict XVI. It was in fact the specific inclusion of Williamson in the list of those whose penalties had been lifted that ended up causing great anguish and pain to Benedict XVI.

Now, in case of violation of Canons 1013 and 1382 of the Code of Canon Law, a new penalty of excommunication will fall upon Williamson (just Williamson, who is not anymore a member of the SSPX) and those priests he consecrates.

All may reprint/repost this breaking news -- but you must credit Rorate Caeli.

[Original posting time: March 16, 2015, 6:45 PM GMT]

Updates to be added as needed.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

The Harlequin King

Bonaventure

Quote from: The Harlequin King on March 16, 2015, 01:15:39 PM
Consecrating a 73 year old? Is it even worth it?

It's to split duties. He can't reach all of his people.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Bonaventure on March 16, 2015, 01:16:18 PM
Quote from: The Harlequin King on March 16, 2015, 01:15:39 PM
Consecrating a 73 year old? Is it even worth it?

It's to split duties. He can't reach all of his people.

But is another 73 year old the right way to go?  He's what, maybe 10 years younger than +Williamson himself? 

Wouldn't a 60-something be better?

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Bonaventure

dust

This will be a popcorn moment. Anyone want to bet on how long before the hammer drops from Rome?
"The Truth is still the Truth, even if nobody believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everybody believes it." ++ Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
"Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: dust on March 16, 2015, 02:04:10 PM
This will be a popcorn moment. Anyone want to bet on how long before the hammer drops from Rome?

Honestly, I would be more surprised at a statement from Rome than not getting a statement.

Larry

+Williamson should consecrate the Bishops on the day that the Synod ratifies communion for the divorced and remarried. Would be kind of funny to see King Frankie the VIII excommunicating a Catholic on that day.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Elliott

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 16, 2015, 02:04:39 PM
Quote from: dust on March 16, 2015, 02:04:10 PM

Honestly, I would be more surprised at a statement from Rome than not getting a statement.
I agree. They were embarrassed enough with the events surrounding the lifting of his excommunication. Excommunicating him now would bring it all up again. It would show he was in union up until now.

Prayerful

I think the automatic excommunication that will result will speak for itself, from Rome's point of view. A splinter of the SSPX won't disturb the NO Free Masons.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Archer

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 16, 2015, 01:18:55 PM
But is another 73 year old the right way to go?  He's what, maybe 10 years younger than +Williamson himself? 

+Williamson was born in 1940. He's 75.

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Penelope

I think the media would have a field day with this. Just think of the headlines: Discord within the Catholic Church! Splinter Group of a Splinter Group excommunicated! Schism! Ultra-Conservatives Say People's Pope is Too Liberal; Pope Excommunicates Them!

This has the potential to cause so much additional confusion among the Joe and Jill Pewsitters of the Church.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Archer on March 16, 2015, 03:59:37 PM

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 16, 2015, 01:18:55 PM

+Williamson was born in 1940. He's 75.

This only goes further to prove my point.  :/

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk