Queen Elizabeth II dies on the Feast of the Nativity of the BVM

Started by Lavenderson, September 08, 2022, 06:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julio

Quote from: AlNg on September 14, 2022, 10:09:28 AM
So if you obeyed an order of the queen, you were excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church? Does that carry over to the present day if you obey an order of King Charles?
I am not an authority in terms of interpretation of Cannon Law and the Holy Scripture, but in my humble understanding, the proviso of Regnans in Excelsis, remains valid until today. No subsequent lifting of it has been rendered. Hence, the excommunication is still operational and the obedience to an order of any monarch who derives ones authority from the excommunicated Queen carries it over until the present day. King Charles in not just a King, he is also the head of the schismatic Church of England who denies the seat and the authority of St. Peter. In my book he is among the anti-Christ having denied the authority on earth of the Church that Jesus made by which Himself is the King.

AlNg

Quote from: Julio on September 14, 2022, 02:36:55 PM
. King Charles in not just a King, he is also the head of the schismatic Church of England who denies the seat and the authority of St. Peter.
Yes. In his accession speech he pledged his allegiance to the true Protestant religion.

Julio

That makes me wonder why a serious Catholic should even have any affection to a ruler who denies the truth that Jesus created the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church and rejects the real presence of Him in the Holy Eucharist and looks down over the Queenship of the Mother of God. I see the present leadership of the Catholic Church having too much burden to explain this matter to Jesus. Our obligation as I see it is to remain as Catholics and stay respectful to the authority for Jesus has not abrogated that power reposed upon them. At any rate all authorities are from God. Whether or not they abuse it is a matter that they should answer before God during the His time, in the name of The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit.

diaduit

Quote from: josh987654321 on September 14, 2022, 07:57:31 AM
Quote from: awkward customer on September 13, 2022, 09:58:59 AM
Are you suggesting that Elizabeth II might not have been welcomed into Heaven and is not currently being carried aloft by a host of angels to the thunderous applause of the heavenly court.

Careful now .......

On a serious note, she was the Queen nevertheless, I voted even to remain a part of her Monarchy, so I'll say a pray for her majesty, but I'm not going to pretend everything was great as other posters pointed out many serious problems/concerns in their posts.

She was more like a lady who was nice but never really did anything to hate or love. I don't know the state of her soul, to act like she died a saint or did some exceptional job just seems ridiculous to me, yea she was a nice lady and I'll pray for her, but that's about it.

God Bless

She was not a nice lady .....she was as much part of the liberal destruction of anything remotely normal in UK and commonwealth and this nice ole grandma is being fed to us by the same media that is lying to you today about covid and vaccines and great reset.

google Kamloon and the Queen.

Tennessean

Quote from: Baylee on September 14, 2022, 09:44:45 AM
Quote from: Tennessean on September 14, 2022, 08:06:25 AM
In all seriousness, I hope she converted, because she was somebody's grandma.

Pope Pius IX, Syllabus of Errors, 1864:
Error:

That good hope at least is to be entertained of the eternal salvation of all those who are not at all in the true Church of Christ.
lol thats why i said i hope she converted...

Greg

I've watched the livestream of people passing the coffin.  Nobody is visibly praying for her.  The just queued up to be part of a spectacle.

No mention of prayers for her soul.  Pointless.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

awkward customer

Quote from: Greg on September 16, 2022, 04:17:43 AM
I've watched the livestream of people passing the coffin.  Nobody is visibly praying for her.  The just queued up to be part of a spectacle.

Why would they pray for her?  They assume she went straight to heaven.

Xavier

Yes, I agree with that. It's why I posted this thread with a Prayer Video (with TLM Images) of St. Gertrude's Chaplet and a Message/Teaching from Fr. Faber: https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=28928.0

Fr. Faber: "Both views agree again in holding that what we in the world call very trivial faults are most severely visited in purgatory. St. Peter Damian gives us many instances of this, and others are collected and quoted by Bellarmine. Slight feelings of self-complacency, trifling inattentions in the recital of the Divine Office, and the like, occur frequently among them. Sister Francesca mentions the case of a girl of fourteen in purgatory, because she was not quite conformed to the will of God in dying so young: and one soul said to her: Ah men little think in the world how dearly they are going to pay here for faults they hardly note there. She even saw souls that were immensely punished only for having been scrupulous in this life; either, I suppose, because there is mostly self-will in scruples, or because they did not lay them down when obedience commanded. Wrong notions about small faults may thus lead us to neglect the dead, or leave off our prayers too soon, as well as lose a lesson for ourselves.

Then, again, both views agree as to the helplessness of the Holy Souls. They lie like the paralytic at the pool. It would seem as if even the coming of the angel were not an effectual blessing to them, unless there be some one of us to help them Some have even thought they cannot pray. Anyhow, they have no means of making themselves heard by us on whose charity they depend. Some writers have said that Our Blessed Lord will not help them without our co-operation; and that Our Blessed Lady cannot help them, except in indirect ways, because she is no longer able to make satisfaction; though I never like to hear anything our dearest mother cannot do; and I regard such statements with suspicion. Whatever may come of these opinions, they at least illustrate the strong way in which theologians apprehend the helplessness of the Holy Souls. Then another feature in their helplessness is the forgetfulness of the living, or the cruel flattery of relations who will always have it that those near or dear to them die the deaths of Saints. They would surely have a scruple, if they knew of how many Masses and prayers they rob the souls, by the selfish exaggeration of their goodness. I call it selfish, for it is nothing more than a miserable device to console themselves in their sorrow. The very state of the Holy Souls is one of the most unbounded helplessness. They cannot do penance; they cannot merit; they cannot satisfy; they cannot gain indulgences; they have no Sacraments; they are not under the jurisdiction of God's Vicar, overflowing with the plentitude of means of grace and manifold benedictions. They are a portion of the Church without either priesthood or altar at their own command."

Reposting the Prayer Video. Those who have the heart for it, please pray it once for Queen Elizabeth. You will be rewarded with many merits/treasures in Heaven, since it is a Great Work of Mercy to pray for the departed.

2 Macc 12:

[43] And making a gathering, he sent twelve thousand drachms of silver to Jerusalem for sacrifice to be offered for the sins of the dead, thinking well and religiously concerning the resurrection, [44] (For if he had not hoped that they that were slain should rise again, it would have seemed superfluous and vain to pray for the dead,) [45] And because he considered that they who had fallen asleep with godliness, had great grace laid up for them. [46] It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Justin Martyr

Quote from: Fr. FaberShe even saw souls that were immensely punished only for having been scrupulous in this life; either, I suppose, because there is mostly self-will in scruples, or because they did not lay them down when obedience commanded.

Welp, guess I'm gonna be stuck in purgatory for a few more eons than I expected. If any of y'all get there before me, make sure to save me seat by the fire ;)
The least departure from Tradition leads to a scorning of every dogma of the Faith.
St. Photios the Great, Encyclical to the Eastern Patriarchs

CANON I: As for all persons who dare to violate the definition of the holy and great Synod convened in Nicaea in the presence of Eusebeia, the consort of the most God-beloved Emperor Constantine, concerning the holy festival of the soterial Pascha, we decree that they be excluded from Communion and be outcasts from the Church if they persist more captiously in objecting to the decisions that have been made as most fitting in regard thereto; and let these things be said with reference to laymen. But if any of the person occupying prominent positions in the Church, such as a Bishop, or a Presbyter, or a Deacon, after the adoption of this definition, should dare to insist upon having his own way, to the perversion of the laity, and to the disturbance of the church, and upon celebrating Pascha along with the Jews, the holy Synod has hence judged that person to be an alien to the Church, on the ground that he has not only become guilty of sin by himself, but has also been the cause of corruption and perversion among the multitude. Accordingly, it not only deposes such persons from the liturgy, but also those who dare to commune with them after their deposition. Moreover, those who have been deposed are to be deprived of the external honor too of which the holy Canon and God's priesthood have partaken.
The Council of Antioch 341, recieved by the Council of Chalcedon

Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Xavier

Five Ways to Avoid or Minimize the Prison of Purgatory: https://onepeterfive.com/prison-purgatory-avoid/

"The common teaching of the saints and doctors is that the slightest pains endured in the terrible fire of Purgatory will be more painful than all the pains of the present life. The Catholic Encyclopedia notes, "[St.] Augustine (Enarration on Psalm 37, no. 3) speaks of the pain which purgatorial fire causes as more severe than anything a man can suffer in this life (P.L., col. 397). [Pope St.] Gregory the Great speaks of those who after this life 'will expiate their faults by purgatorial flames,' and he adds 'that the pain be more intolerable than any one can suffer in this life' (Ps. 3 poenit., n. 1). Following in the footsteps of Gregory, St. Thomas teaches (IV, dist. xxi, q. i, a.1) that besides the separation of the soul from the sight of God, there is the other punishment from fire ... and St. Bonaventure not only agrees with St. Thomas but adds (IV, dist. xx, p.1, a.1, q. ii) that this punishment by fire is more severe than any punishment which comes to men in this life[.]" ...

The Fifth Great Means: Total Consecration, Heroic Act, Life Offering

Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary as taught by St. Louis Montfort is abundantly enriched with indulgences by many popes.

In addition to this, the Holy Father [His Holiness Pope St. Pius X, consecrated slave of Jesus through Mary] granted a plenary indulgence (on 24 December 1907), under the usual conditions, to be gained on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, December 8th, and on the Feast of Saint Louis de Montfort, April 28, to those who recite the Montfort formula of consecration entitled "Consecration of Ourselves to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, by the Hands of Mary." This plenary indulgence, which Leo XIII (also a "Slave of Mary") had granted for only seven years, was now granted "in perpetuum" — in perpetuity.

There is also the Heroic Act for the Holy Souls, which allows one to gain a plenary indulgence each time one receives Holy Communion!

O MY GOD! for Thy greater glory, and to imitate as closely as possible the generous Heart of Jesus, my Redeemer, and also to testify my devotion to the Blessed Virgin, my Mother, who is also the Mother of the Souls in Purgatory, I place in her hands all my satisfactory works, as well as the fruit of all those which may be offered for my intention after my death, that she may apply them to the Souls in Purgatory according to her wisdom and good pleasure. Amen.

The Catholic Encyclopedia states:

The Heroic Act has been enriched with numerous indulgences by Benedict XIII (1728), Pius VI (1788), and Pius IX (1852). Priests who make it receive the personal privilege of gaining a plenary indulgence for a soul of their choice each time they say Mass (see PRIVILEGED ALTAR). Laymen gain a similar indulgence each time they receive Holy Communion, also each Monday they hear Mass for the departed; in both cases the usual visit to a church and prayers for the intention of the pope are required.

A recent Life Offering taught by the Twin Hearts of Jesus and Mary, with episcopal imprimaturs, can serve the same purpose:

My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with your most precious Blood and your sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the intention of your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with my life, I place at your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the sufferings of my of my entire life for the adoration and supplication of the Holy Trinity, for unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father and priests, for good priestly vocations, and for all souls until the end of the world.  O my Jesus, please accept my life sacrifice and my offerings and give me your grace that I may persevere obediently until my death. Amen.

With ecclesiastical approbation, Our Lady has promised, "On the day they offer their lives, their loved ones suffering in Purgatory will be released." Let us not delay the offer, but do so immediately!

Conclusion
During each of the eight days from Nov. 1 to 8, Holy Mother Church grants us special plenary indulgences when we gather near the tombs of our loved ones and pray for their eternal repose. On All Saints' Eve, on All Saints, and on All Souls, let us resolve not to take part in pagan celebrations as worldlings do, but instead stay home or go to church or chapel for holy hours and Eucharistic adoration. There, we will make reparation for the sins of the faithful departed and pray for their speedy liberation. We can hardly doubt that if the Church Militant succeeds in emptying Purgatory, as St. Padre Pio commanded us to do, then some great grace would be given to the whole world.

What a fitting present to the Mother of God it would be if we could do it for the triumph of her Immaculate Heart! Let us all resolve to dedicate our time and sacrifice our life for this heroic goal."
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Julio

Secularists and secular ritual it is.

Frank

I only watched for about 10 seconds but within the time I saw someone stop, face the coffin and make the sign of the cross.
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

diaduit

Quote from: Frank on September 16, 2022, 06:17:40 PM

I only watched for about 10 seconds but within the time I saw someone stop, face the coffin and make the sign of the cross.

I did too, sure as heck wasn't one of her family though!

awkward customer

Elizabeth II went on television and accused those who refuse the Covid shots of being "selfish".  The procession of war veterans and heroes, some with missing limbs, at her funeral will include the following 'hero'.

Among those chosen to lead the procession is May Parsons, a nurse who administered the world's first Covid-19 jab. She said she was 'stunned' when she received a call asking her to represent all NHS staff at the funeral.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11223123/Covid-heroes-Iraq-war-veterans-join-world-leaders-procession-Queens-funeral.html

Markus

If Queen Elizabeth were not legitimate as some people rashly -- I would add stupidly -- say, how do you explain that she was received as a legitimate head of state by the last 7 Popes?

As princess, she was received by Pius XII, as Queen she was received by all the succeeding Popes, including Francis.

Here she is with Pope Wojtyla. To deny she was a legitimate queen is to lose contact with reality.