Atlantic: The War won't end until Putin loses.

Started by Xavier, May 24, 2022, 10:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Agreed, Dellery.

And if we look at Abortion Statistics in Russia Today, we see at best that there's a long way to go; Russia still has, even now, one of the highest abortion rates in the world: "Despite a significant reduction in the abortion to birth ratio since the mid-1990s, the countries of the former Soviet Union maintain the highest rate of abortions in the world. In 2001, 1.31 million children were born in Russia, while 2.11 million abortions were performed.[34] In 2005, 1.6 million abortions were registered in Russia;[3] 20% of these involved girls under the age of 18.[35] Official statistics put the number of abortions at 450,000 in 2020.[3]

As of 2021, the abortion rate was 12 abortions per year per 1000 women aged 15–44 years.[36]

Abortion statistics were considered state secrets in the Soviet Union until the end of the 1980s.[37] During this period, the USSR had one of the highest abortion rates in the world. The abortion rate in the USSR peaked in 1965, when 5.5 million abortions were performed, the highest number in Russia's history. Nevertheless, the legalization of abortion did not fully eliminate criminal abortions. [E.A. Sadvokasova]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Russia

Some people here criticize Raegan et al, for winning the Cold War without firing a shot, and being Pro-Life and Pro-Freedom. But if Reagan, for e.g. or another Pro-Life Conservative like him, had the kind of power Putin has had in Russia for over 20 years, abortion would have been illegal long ago. Putin has some people fooled, but clearly doesn't care much at all. I continue to hope for a Post-Putin Russia, consecrated to Our Lady's Immaculate Heart, that God can use for His Perfect Will.

God Bless.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Xavier on May 25, 2022, 12:13:22 AM
Hi James.

James, I oppose unjust wars of aggression, like Iraq etc. But I feel Russia is the unjust aggressor here.

Where were you when Ukraine was shelling in Donbas and killing thousands of civilians?

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Xavier

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 25, 2022, 11:59:11 AM
Quote from: Xavier on May 25, 2022, 12:13:22 AM
Hi James.

James, I oppose unjust wars of aggression, like Iraq etc. But I feel Russia is the unjust aggressor here.

Where were you when Ukraine was shelling in Donbas and killing thousands of civilians?

Source for the claim that thousands of civilians were killed by Ukraine before Russia launched its invasion?
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

dellery

Quote from: Xavier on May 25, 2022, 10:48:03 AM
Agreed, Dellery.

And if we look at Abortion Statistics in Russia Today, we see at best that there's a long way to go; Russia still has, even now, one of the highest abortion rates in the world: "Despite a significant reduction in the abortion to birth ratio since the mid-1990s, the countries of the former Soviet Union maintain the highest rate of abortions in the world. In 2001, 1.31 million children were born in Russia, while 2.11 million abortions were performed.[34] In 2005, 1.6 million abortions were registered in Russia;[3] 20% of these involved girls under the age of 18.[35] Official statistics put the number of abortions at 450,000 in 2020.[3]

As of 2021, the abortion rate was 12 abortions per year per 1000 women aged 15–44 years.[36]

Abortion statistics were considered state secrets in the Soviet Union until the end of the 1980s.[37] During this period, the USSR had one of the highest abortion rates in the world. The abortion rate in the USSR peaked in 1965, when 5.5 million abortions were performed, the highest number in Russia's history. Nevertheless, the legalization of abortion did not fully eliminate criminal abortions. [E.A. Sadvokasova]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Russia

Some people here criticize Raegan et al, for winning the Cold War without firing a shot, and being Pro-Life and Pro-Freedom. But if Reagan, for e.g. or another Pro-Life Conservative like him, had the kind of power Putin has had in Russia for over 20 years, abortion would have been illegal long ago. Putin has some people fooled, but clearly doesn't care much at all. I continue to hope for a Post-Putin Russia, consecrated to Our Lady's Immaculate Heart, that God can use for His Perfect Will.

God Bless.

God bless you, too.

You do bring up a good point, because Russia herself is suffering from a demographic crisis even more so than the West you would think Russian leadership would be eager to ban it. Here in the US it's becoming more and more obvious to a lot of technocrats that abortion and contraception are literally causing our extinction and we have to stop it as soon as possible, which for the US will be a significant challenge due to our laws being made democratically by congress. Multiplication is a biological imperative the same as eating and drinking. Any nation that goes into negative population growth is flirting with destruction. Take the West for example, the more we try to stave off the consequences of not multiplying the more we destroy ourselves with internal turmoil by taking in many, many, immigrants, which isn't even fair for the immigrants themselves. We con them into coming here promising them a better life even though we've known for almost the last decade that our days are probably numbered and there are people using them as future cannon-fodder to attack us from within. So as much as we can ask why doesn't Russia ban abortion, we Westerners can ask ourselves why don't we stop importing immigrants in unmanageable numbers? The answer is because both sides want the immigrants, one side to bolster our population, and the other side to destabilize us within. Something similar is probably going on in Russia.

Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Greg

Russia has a birthrate 28 percent higher than Ukraine's.

Neither are good rates, but Ukraine's birthrate is 1.4 one of the lowest in Europe.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Julio

I understand that the U.S lead West is such a strong supporter of Ukraine. If it is premised that the war shall end until Putin loses, it is on the bases of the presumption that Russia will be the loser. What if Russia shall be victorious? Right now, if the statistical conditions shall be considered, the fact is Russian military that Putin calls "allied forces" is continuing to make success assuming that it is in a slow pacing. I think its been 3 months from the moment the invasion started in Ukraine, yet, the failure to eject the Russians with the use of the Western military equipment, intelligence and military fund aren't enough to wipeout the Russian presence in their nation. So, what makes them think that Putin will be the loser?

Assuming that Putin is not going to make any further success, it shall be stalemate and still he is victorious for taking certain parts of Ukraine. Let us see if the Ukrainians can push the Russians out of that nation. If Poland is so noisy about their support of Ukraine, the Russians have the Serbians who are equally adamant of giving that high regard to Putin and his military vision of Russia and Europe. His statements are the gospel truths for these people who have animosity and hatred against NATO.

dellery

Quote from: Julio on May 26, 2022, 02:25:57 AM
I understand that the U.S lead West is such a strong supporter of Ukraine. If it is premised that the war shall end until Putin loses, it is on the bases of the presumption that Russia will be the loser. What if Russia shall be victorious? Right now, if the statistical conditions shall be considered, the fact is Russian military that Putin calls "allied forces" is continuing to make success assuming that it is in a slow pacing. I think its been 3 months from the moment the invasion started in Ukraine, yet, the failure to eject the Russians with the use of the Western military equipment, intelligence and military fund aren't enough to wipeout the Russian presence in their nation. So, what makes them think that Putin will be the loser?

Assuming that Putin is not going to make any further success, it shall be stalemate and still he is victorious for taking certain parts of Ukraine. Let us see if the Ukrainians can push the Russians out of that nation. If Poland is so noisy about their support of Ukraine, the Russians have the Serbians who are equally adamant of giving that high regard to Putin and his military vision of Russia and Europe. His statements are the gospel truths for these people who have animosity and hatred against NATO.

While Russia cannot stand toe-to-toe against NATO this doesn't mean she'll automatically lose. A Russian victory would not take the whole of Ukraine, because that would bring the Russians face-to-face with NATO, and then they'd also have to pacify ALL of Ukraine, which would not be a real victory. If Russia takes all of Ukraine NATO can make it a never-ending insurgency. These are some of the reasons Russia will not attempt to take all of Ukraine.

A Russian victory will take eastern Ukraine and freeze the conflict in a stalemate, then use the energy and food markets to cause chaos and bankrupt the West into civil war. This is Russia's only effective option, and the one she's been grooming for years.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions

King Wenceslas

Quote from: Greg on May 25, 2022, 10:41:08 PM
Russia has a birthrate 28 percent higher than Ukraine's.

Neither are good rates, but Ukraine's birthrate is 1.4 one of the lowest in Europe.

Russia and Ukraine are terminal nations. Russia's birth rate before February 24th was 1.5 due to the Crimean sanctions.

Experts expect Russia's birthrate to slide to 1.2 or even as low as 0.8 due to the latest sanctions. Long term sanctions will only speed up Russia's decline.

Best policy for the West is to hold the line for the next 25 years on Russian sanctions and watch the Russian people essentially disappear.

Russia will continue to be a threat to world peace as long as it exists. The Czars, Lenin, Stalin, Putin. Russia will never change. Always a new despot showing up.

james03

I can see Russia agreeing to allow Poland to take over the historically Catholic West.  It would cause bad feelings and internal conflict within the West and Russia would be stupid to try and occupy a hostile territory.

Quotethen use the energy and food markets to cause chaos and bankrupt the West into civil war.
Poorly stated.  Russia has not cut off food and energy to date.  If Germany agreed to open up Nordstream 2, Russia would start sending them gas.  Russia has not cut off crude and refined products, the West "has".  I put it in quotes as there are games being played.  Blend up a crude shipment of 49% Russian with some other flavor and you are not importing a Russian cargo.

Russia is responding to the unprecedented act of the West stealing their offshore central bank reserves, which was an act of suicide.  Hence the requirement to pay in rubles.  The other thing is that Putin, Medvedev, and Lavrov are the faces of the moderate, Western leaning faction in Russia that is wary about going all-in with China.  They have to deal with a crazed, pro-Soviet party that is gaining power because of idiotic moves of Western "diplomats".  I can see the Western leaning faction working on reestablishing/strengthening ties with countries like Italy, Hungary, and Brazil in an effort to normalize relations with the West.  France has also made some overtures.

The major problem that Russia faces ironically are the huge blunders made by the West which is causing Western economies to implode.  This can result in the Western leaders doing something really stupid and suicidal.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

MaximGun

Russia are also paying their foreign debts.  The USA is trying desperately to stop them and make them "default" by closing the banks to the transactions.

What a ridiculous joke the western countries are.

King Wenceslas

Quote from: MaximGun on May 26, 2022, 08:16:03 AM
Russia are also paying their foreign debts.  The USA is trying desperately to stop them and make them "default" by closing the banks to the transactions.

What a ridiculous joke the western countries are.

Only ridiculous for people sitting in the comfort and safety on the North American island and not running for their lives from artillery barrages or from being gunned down in the street by their "liberators".

Just do nothing and watch Putin invade another country in a few years.

MaximGun

They would take a good while to catch up the USA in terms of invading countries.

dellery

Quote from: james03 on May 26, 2022, 08:10:08 AM
I can see Russia agreeing to allow Poland to take over the historically Catholic West.  It would cause bad feelings and internal conflict within the West and Russia would be stupid to try and occupy a hostile territory.

Quotethen use the energy and food markets to cause chaos and bankrupt the West into civil war.
Poorly stated.  Russia has not cut off food and energy to date.  If Germany agreed to open up Nordstream 2, Russia would start sending them gas.  Russia has not cut off crude and refined products, the West "has".  I put it in quotes as there are games being played.  Blend up a crude shipment of 49% Russian with some other flavor and you are not importing a Russian cargo.

Russia is responding to the unprecedented act of the West stealing their offshore central bank reserves, which was an act of suicide.  Hence the requirement to pay in rubles.  The other thing is that Putin, Medvedev, and Lavrov are the faces of the moderate, Western leaning faction in Russia that is wary about going all-in with China.  They have to deal with a crazed, pro-Soviet party that is gaining power because of idiotic moves of Western "diplomats".  I can see the Western leaning faction working on reestablishing/strengthening ties with countries like Italy, Hungary, and Brazil in an effort to normalize relations with the West.  France has also made some overtures.

The major problem that Russia faces ironically are the huge blunders made by the West which is causing Western economies to implode.  This can result in the Western leaders doing something really stupid and suicidal.

Why would the Russians purchase land with Russian blood just to hand it over to NATO?

Nous Defions

Julio

Quote from: dellery on May 26, 2022, 03:49:59 AM

While Russia cannot stand toe-to-toe against NATO this doesn't mean she'll automatically lose. A Russian victory would not take the whole of Ukraine, because that would bring the Russians face-to-face with NATO, and then they'd also have to pacify ALL of Ukraine, which would not be a real victory. If Russia takes all of Ukraine NATO can make it a never-ending insurgency. These are some of the reasons Russia will not attempt to take all of Ukraine.

A Russian victory will take eastern Ukraine and freeze the conflict in a stalemate, then use the energy and food markets to cause chaos and bankrupt the West into civil war. This is Russia's only effective option, and the one she's been grooming for years.
Yes, I am in agreement with all the points that you mentioned. Putin is very shrewd in dealing with everyone and shall not at all risk his country to a never ending war with NATO. Besides, as I understand the peculiarity of Ukraine as a nation, the Western area of which had longer exposure with the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth together with Prussia. It is actually Eastern Ukraine that has stronger historical and cultural ties with Russia which explains that the Western Ukrainians are mostly Catholics in contrast to Orthodoxy of the Easterners. I think this explains the Polish extreme support to Ukrainians right now besides the fact that it has all the axe to grind against the Russians. This is also true with Finland and Sweden because wars were fought by their nations against the Russians and I don't think this so called "civility" by the modern world shall erase the depth of such historical hostility.

Russia has been a rival of its neighbors and by the Western countries. The fall of the Berlin Wall empowered the Western Europeans again to decide for their nation unlike before that all decisions must either be from Washington DC or Moscow. So, to my humble evaluation of the socio-political issues among the Europeans, this conflict in Ukraine is not something that is surprising at all because Russia has to redeem its identity as power broker and the Western Europeans needs to showcase that they can takedown the Russians. The Swedes, the French and the Germans did it and all of them failed. I don't think this burning desires has been erased by modernity. You and I are both man, and amidst this civility, whenever we are out of our respective comfort zone, we think of how to survive and take down anyone who likes to cross our line. This primitive psychology of every man as an individual and as members of their respective society will never be erased. It is the reason of my submission to the power of God. Jesus is an advocate of love, that is to will the good of the other.

I am not very sure with this, but the way I evaluate the factual scenario of this invasion, Putin has some adulation towards the history of the Kievan Russ by which the destruction of it by way of the total use of the Russian military arsenal will make his propaganda ineffective. I also think that taking of the areas in the South-Eastern areas of Ukraine shall give Russia access to warm water. Both good for military and economic interests of Russia.

dellery

Quote from: Julio on May 26, 2022, 08:09:21 PM
I am not very sure with this, but the way I evaluate the factual scenario of this invasion, Putin has some adulation towards the history of the Kievan Russ by which the destruction of it by way of the total use of the Russian military arsenal will make his propaganda ineffective.

Very perceptive. I'm not sure if Putin adulates the Keivan-Rus, but a big part of Russian geo-strategy seems to be influence by the exchanges between the people of Novgorod and the Varangians. All nations look deep into their own history for answers to contemporary questions.

Nous Defions