Women and Trousers: The Final Word

Started by TerrorDæmonum, December 28, 2021, 12:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Miriam_M on January 22, 2022, 03:34:46 PM
Indeed it is a statement of fact -- a statement irrelevant to the question of whether women should or should not wear trousers (in some environments, in all environments, etc.)

You want me to stay on topic 20 pages in on a thread I made?

You show no rationality in your responses to me and I think you are either so full of malice there is nothing that I could expect to say or do to fix the situation, or you are deranged enough not to be in full rational control, and again, there is nothing I can expect to say or do to fix the situation.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 22, 2022, 03:47:46 PM
Quote from: Miriam_M on January 22, 2022, 03:34:46 PM
Indeed it is a statement of fact -- a statement irrelevant to the question of whether women should or should not wear trousers (in some environments, in all environments, etc.)

You want me to stay on topic 20 pages in on a thread I made?

You show no rationality in your responses to me and I think you are either so full of malice there is nothing that I could expect to say or do to fix the situation, or you are deranged enough not to be in full rational control, and again, there is nothing I can expect to say or do to fix the situation.

Dawg, are you serious?  This response after your thread about suspicion?  There isn't a third option that doesn't attack Miriam's character?
this page left intentionally blank

TerrorDæmonum

#302
Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on January 22, 2022, 04:08:11 PM
Dawg, are you serious?  This response after your thread about suspicion?  There isn't a third option that doesn't attack Miriam's character?

Sin is evil. Mental illness is not. Either way, it is futile to engage either way.  I hold no suspicions: I am referring only to repeated actual interactions of a certain nature, some of which you may be unaware of.

My thread about suspicion is not my opinion and does not contain anything new. The acts displayed are of a certain nature, but moral culpability is not mine to know and I don't claim to.

If I have done wrong, please correct me, but realize that everything I write on morality is something I know and at least try to implement, and I'm mindful of the grave matters the most. It perhaps worth considering that when I make a post about lying, evil speech, suspicions, venial sins, etc, I actually know what I have posted before I posted it.

And I am not so blind to post such things and then blatantly violate it. And if I do, I will correct it as soon as I can. You can see an example of that here (it was not a grave matter, but still, I was in the wrong, and I fixed it, and explained what was actually wrong to set a good example).

It is probably best to leave this thread alone and learn what can be learned, if anything, and move on.

Jayne

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bonaventure


lauermar

#305
I prefer dresses and skirts to pants,  but there are times of the year in the snowbelt when the temperature gets below zero and stays there for months. Tights simply aren't warm or practical. The solution to the modesty question is to wear your pants loose with long maxi coats over them. Even in warmer weather, a trench coat solves most modesty problems with dresses and skirts too.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

lauermar

Quote from: Jayne on December 28, 2021, 08:29:43 AMI personally wear dresses/skirts except when doing specific activities better suited to pants: e.g. exercising, gardening, martial arts.

I do this because I believe that historically and subconsciously women wearing pants is associated with feminism, something that I consider a great evil and wish to reject to the full extent within my ability.

I regard this as a personal choice, not something binding on other women in any way. I can easily imagine a Catholic woman of good character coming to a different conclusion than my own.

Quote from: Maximilian on January 20, 2022, 12:13:24 AM
Quote from: beev_bove_biv on January 19, 2022, 10:58:51 PMWhat kind of a reason is there for a rule preventing women from wearing pants?

https://www.olrl.org/virtues/pants.shtml

Notification Concerning Men's Dress Worn By Women
By Giuseppe Cardinal Siri
Genoa, June 12, 1960

The wearing of men's dress by women affects:
 -  firstly the woman herself, by changing the feminine psychology proper to women;
 - secondly it affects the woman as wife of her husband, by tending to vitiate relationships between the sexes;
 - thirdly it affects the woman as mother of her children by harming her dignity in her children's eyes.

  Each of these points is to be carefully considered in turn:

. . .

To sum up, wherever women wear men's dress, it is to be considered a factor in the long run tearing apart of human order.

The logical consequence of everything presented so far is that anyone in a position of responsibility should be possessed by a SENSE of ALARM in the true and proper meaning of the word, a severe and decisive ALARM.

We address a grave warning to parish priests, to all priests in general and to confessors in particular, to members of every kind of association, to all religious, to all nuns, especially to teaching Sisters.

We invite them to become clearly conscious of the problem so that action will follow.

Out of charity we are fighting against the flattening out of mankind, against the attack upon those differences on which rests the complementarity of man and woman.

When we see a woman in trousers, we should think not so much of her as of all mankind, of what it will be when women will have masculinized themselves for good.  Nobody stands to gain by helping to bring about a future age of vagueness, ambiguity, imperfection and, in a word, monstrosities.
Quote from: Maximilian on January 20, 2022, 12:13:24 AM
Quote from: beev_bove_biv on January 19, 2022, 10:58:51 PMWhat kind of a reason is there for a rule preventing women from wearing pants?

https://www.olrl.org/virtues/pants.shtml

Notification Concerning Men's Dress Worn By Women
By Giuseppe Cardinal Siri
Genoa, June 12, 1960

The wearing of men's dress by women affects:
 -  firstly the woman herself, by changing the feminine psychology proper to women;
 - secondly it affects the woman as wife of her husband, by tending to vitiate relationships between the sexes;
 - thirdly it affects the woman as mother of her children by harming her dignity in her children's eyes.

  Each of these points is to be carefully considered in turn:

. . .

To sum up, wherever women wear men's dress, it is to be considered a factor in the long run tearing apart of human order.

The logical consequence of everything presented so far is that anyone in a position of responsibility should be possessed by a SENSE of ALARM in the true and proper meaning of the word, a severe and decisive ALARM.

We address a grave warning to parish priests, to all priests in general and to confessors in particular, to members of every kind of association, to all religious, to all nuns, especially to teaching Sisters.

We invite them to become clearly conscious of the problem so that action will follow.

Out of charity we are fighting against the flattening out of mankind, against the attack upon those differences on which rests the complementarity of man and woman.

When we see a woman in trousers, we should think not so much of her as of all mankind, of what it will be when women will have masculinized themselves for good.  Nobody stands to gain by helping to bring about a future age of vagueness, ambiguity, imperfection and, in a word, monstrosities.
__________________

I see parallels between the twin evils of cross-dressing and gender confusion today. However, one has to consider the big picture and look at history from all perspectives.

When the first settlers came to America, women worked on ranches and farms. They quickly realized that wearing long dresses got in the way of the buggy wheels and plows, leading to death and injuries. It was impractical to keep cleaning long hems and stockings soaked by rain, snow, mud, and dung from animal pens. By the 1800s, many women were adapting men's jeans and overalls for their own use. Then Levi Strauss started designing garments to fit women for work. This came decades before feminism. It had nothing to do with being sexy, modern, defiant or gender-confused. It was simply necessity.

Time passed, and what arose out of innocent necessity became liberation to some minds. Before the 1920s, corsets were restrictive enough to cause illness. Chanel adapted men's clothing for women's use to avoid consumimg excess fabric and allow for comfortable movement. This is not a bad thing.

Remember that Joan of Arc wore men's clothing as she fought those battles. She was never gay or gender-confused, no matter what rainbow Catholics claim. I have read what clergy have said and I would advise such clergy to consider all these points before making judgement.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Severinus

#307
.