Greetings

Started by Aethel, October 25, 2022, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aethel

Hello everyone. I've lurked on this forum for quite a while in periodic cycles, and finally decided to create an account.
Full disclosure - I'm an agnostic who has strong sympathies towards Traditional Catholicism and classical, perennial forms of Christianity. I was once a hyper-zealous Catholic, but eventually - shall we say - I found my temple wasn't built on the Rock. The storms hit and it collapsed. But it goes to that old saying, "A tiger doesn't change his stripes", so there's a deep part of who I am that is still Catholic.

For that reason I have zero interest in engaging in matters of Catholic theology and am more interested in discussions pertaining to politics, culture, and history. And even in those matters I will be more restrained, as I give deference to the fact that this is a Catholic forum. "Theology without praxis is the theology of Satan" - Saint Maximus the Confessor.

My profile pic, at the time of this posting, is a Phantom of the Opera image - a beautiful Broadway play that signifies my future habits here.

Greetings to everyone.  :cheeseheadbeer:

Goldfinch

Welcome to the forum, Aethel.

By God's grace, I hope that you eventually find your way back home some day. Your Father in heaven is patiently waiting.
"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great