What are you sipping RIGHT NOW?

Started by tmw89, January 02, 2013, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc123

St. Drogo

Quote from: Gardener on April 09, 2018, 10:42:25 AM
This is why I have not yet gotten into beer: it's complicated. I like the set and forget nature of meads, cysers, and ciders.

Post some pics, man!

Bottled today after cold crashing and gelatin fining for a few days—will post pics in a couple of weeks. I've resolved on buying a CO2 tank and a couple of kegs this week, however, so I won't have to go through the hassle of bottling (and waiting) in the future and so I can implement a completely closed system to avoid all oxidation of the fermented wort. Here in Oz it's around $70–$110 for a case (24 bottles) of good craft beer, so I'm already nearly ahead—am getting a batch of porter and English extra bitter ready to brew as I type.

jovan66102

A glass of ice water with a bit of apple cider vinegar for flavour.
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Maximilian

Carleendiane

Quote from: jovan66102 on May 23, 2018, 02:43:09 PM
A glass of ice water with a bit of apple cider vinegar for flavour.

For health....yes. For flavor, I can think of a few better flavors :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Matto

I will be drinking this ale tonight. I have been wanting to try it all year. I hope it is good as it was the most expensive beer I have ever bought. I hope the monks who brew it pray really hard: https://shopbanquet.com/plumpjack/products/bieres-de-chimay-sa-grande-reserve-peres-trappistes-belgian-ale/57be64e5e8941300067ada12?ref=gp&gclid=CjwKCAjw9-HZBRAwEiwAGw0QcYai5aspjeM3RAFHvwdvClX9uyVRl5Azh8n9AVj_mjwcPbUdYF8PlhoCO3cQAvD_BwE
I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

Heinrich

Rocky Mountain purity: Original Coors Banquet. In the "grenade" style bottle.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Carleendiane

1 part Gatorade (cherry) one part bubble water, 1/4 part vodka......there. That's my recipe for a night cap.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

drummerboy

I can't believe this thread hasn't been used in over 5 years!  I suppose I'll resurrect it.

Cilantro and coriander tea.  Coriander is actually the seed of the cilantro leaf.  Good for the stomach and for detoxing metals.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

PG Tips with milk and a touch of sugar.
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on December 24, 2023, 03:10:18 PMI can't believe this thread hasn't been used in over 5 years!  I suppose I'll resurrect it.

Cilantro and coriander tea.  Coriander is actually the seed of the cilantro leaf.  Good for the stomach and for detoxing metals.

Legend - thank you.

Rioja...buckets of Rioja. Mimosas at the ass crack of dawn.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

drummerboy

Peppermint tea, to settle my stomach after Christmas dinner gorging
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."