Hi everyone!

Started by SanguisChristi, April 14, 2018, 11:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanguisChristi

Hi all, I've been looking for a decent place to discuss catholic doctrine and interact with other traditionalists and this seems like a good place to be.  I was baptized and confirmed into an NO Church and this year I'm going to be a catechist for the RCIA team at that church but thankfully it's a lot more traditionalist than most. I live in the middle of nowhere in Africa so there's practically no EF masses save for the few SSPX priories scattered all over which are sadly in not a great state due to lack of funds :(

I look forward to talking with you guys and I'm certain there's a lot I could learn from you.

Pax Christi

ServusMariae

Pax Christi, SanguisChristi!

Welcome!  I too (used to be) a catechist & now my job is being an (un)official confetti thrower to welcome new members of the forum. Do feel free to make yourself at home! ^-^

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

dymphna17

Welcome, SanguisChristi!   Where about in Africa are you located?  I look forward to reading your posts.  :seeya:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

SanguisChristi

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 14, 2018, 11:19:00 PM
Welcome, SanguisChristi!   Where about in Africa are you located?  I look forward to reading your posts.  :seeya:

Hi dymphna17, I live in South Africa to be more specific. My family have been here for many many generations. Likewise  ;D

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Heinrich

Alternative media paint a bleak picture of S.A. while the MSM fawns over the New Rainbow Nation. What is the word on the street there?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

PerEvangelicaDicta

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19