Feast of Saint Padre Pio-September 23, 2021-Happy Feast Day.

Started by Christe Eleison, September 23, 2021, 02:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christe Eleison

Saint Padre Pio

St. Padre Pio was an Italian priest who was known for his piety and charity as well as for the gift of the stigmata, which has never been explained.

St. Padre Pio was born Francesco Forgione, on May 25, 1887, in Pietrelcina, Italy. His parents were peasant farmers. He had an older brother and three younger sisters, as well as two other siblings who died in infancy. As a child, he was very religious and by the age of 5 he reportedly made the decision to dedicate his life to God.

Fortunately, his parents were also very religious and they supported his Catholic development. His family attended daily Mass. Francisco served as an altar boy at his local parish. Francisco was known for taking on penances and his mother once scolded him for sleeping on a stone floor.

Francisco's community was also supportive. Saint's days were popular celebrations and commonly celebrated in his town.

From his tender age, Francisco had a peculiar ability. He was able to see guardian angels, spoke with Jesus and the Virgin Mary. This was not something taught to him, but occurred so naturally that he assumed other people could see them too.

Although Francisco and his family was very religious, they were also very poor, which required that he work. He spent many years as a child, trending to a small flock of sheep owned by his family. Unfortunately, the work meant he was unable to attend school regularly, so he quickly fell behind other kids his age.

Francisco was also sickly as a child. He suffered an attack of gastroenteritis at age six and when he was ten, he had typhoid fever.

In 1897, after three years of schooling, Francisco expressed to his parents that he wanted to become a friar. His parents traveled to a nearby community of monks and asked is Francesco could join them. He was evaluated, despite his young age and was told that he needed more education before he could join.

In order to prepare Francesco, his parents decided to hire a private tutor. To pay the cost of the tutor, Francesco's father traveled to America to find work, and sent the money home.

At the age of 15, Francisco was finally ready and he entered the novitiate of the Capuchin friars at Morcone. He took the name of "Pio" in honor of Pope Pius I, whose relic he often saw at his local chapel.

At the age of 17, Brother Pio became extremely ill and could only digest milk and cheese. He was sent to the mountain for the better air, and when this did not work, he was sent home with his family. Amid all this, he continued to study for the priesthood.

On one occasion during prayer, a fellow monk astonishingly reported he saw Pio levitate during an episode of ecstasy.

Brother Pio became a priest in 1910, but was permitted to remain at home because of his poor health.

In 1915, with World War I afflicting the world, Padre Pio was summoned for military service. He was compelled to leave a tiny community of monks, with whom he was then housed, and drafted into medical service. However, he was so sickly that he was often sent home, only to then recalled for service. In March 1916, he was finally dismissed because of his poor health.

On September 20, Padre Pio was hearing confessions when he felt pain in his hands and feet. He noticed the stigmata, the wounds of Christ, appearing on his hands and feet. The experience was painful. Bleeding occurred. The wounds smelled of roses, and although they continues to weep, they never became infected. Doctors who later examined the stigmata were amazed at their perfectly round shape.

By 1919, word began to spread about Padre Pio's stigmata and people came from far away to examine him.

Padre Pio became popular with the people he encountered and soon began to attribute supernatural occurrences to him. For example, he was said to levitate, and to be capable of performing miracles.

His popularity became a source of concern or the Church and the Vatican began to restrict his activities to minimize public interaction. Padre Pio himself was uncomfortable with his newfound popularity and the attention he received because of his stigmata. A Church investigation into his stigmata concluded that his condition was not faked.

"The Most Powerful Healing Prayer" - Padre Pio

"THE MOST POWERFUL HEALING PRAYER" by St Padre Pio

Heavenly Father, I thank You for loving me. I thank You for sending Your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, to the world to save and to set me free. I trust in Your power and grace that sustain and restore me.

Loving Father, touch me now with Your healing hands, for I believe that Your will is for me to be well in mind, body, soul and spirit. Cover me with the Most Precious Blood of Your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, from the top of my head to the soles of my feet.

Cast anything that should not be in me. Root out any unhealthy and abnormal cells. Open any blocked arteries or veins and rebuild and replenish any damaged areas. Remove all inflammation and cleanse any infection by the power of Jesus' Precious Blood.

Let the fire of Your healing love pass through my entire body to heal and make new any diseased areas so that my body will function the way You created it to function.

Touch also my mind and my emotion, even the deepest recesses of my heart. Saturate my entire being with Your presence, love, joy, and peace and draw me ever closer to You every moment of my life.

And Father, fill me with Your Holy Spirit and empower me to do Your works so that my life will bring glory and honor to Your Holy Name. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

AMEN
:pray3: :pray2:

HAVE A HAPPY & BLESSED FEAST OF SAINT PADRE PIO!

Christe Eleison

Padre Pio: A Walking Crucifix

St. Pio of Pietrelcina is the only priest in Church history we know to have literally borne the wounds of Christ, the Stigmata, in his hands, feet, and side. For fifty years (1918-68) his stigmata demonstrated to the world the power of the Cross, as well as the meaningfulness of human suffering accepted with loving resignation. He suffered much persecution, even from the hierarchy (including a corrupt bishop who calumniated him and supported sodomitical priests). And while his miracles, prophecies, and confessions reaped great spiritual fruit, nothing brought about more conversions than his holy offering of the Sacrifice of the Mass. Padre Pio was a tremendous Victim Soul. He was a walking crucifix and his night shirt was another Shroud of Turin.

St Pio: Suffering & Love

:pray2: :pray3:

Christe Eleison

Saint Padre Pio & the Cross

Lecture on taking up & accepting your cross.  Your cross is your salvation tool & if you reject it a heavier one will take it's place.  Embrace your cross.  Father speaks on the life of St Padre Pio. Please say 3 Hail Mary's for this priest.

:pray3:

Padre Pio, also known as Saint Pio of Pietrelcina (Italian: Pio da Pietrelcina), O.F.M. Cap. (May 25, 1887 – September 23, 1968), was a friar, priest, stigmatist, and mystic, now venerated as a saint of the Catholic Church.

Born Francesco Forgione, he was given the name of Pius (Italian: Pio) when he joined the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is an excellent sermon, please listen to it. God Bless you all!  :pray2:

HAVE A BLESSED FEAST DAY!!  :pray1:

Saint Padre Pio, Pray for us!!

Christe Eleison

† St Padre Pio of Pietrelcina - (Full Movie) The 3 videos below are in English.

The link above is in English, does not have any subtitles, ^^^
but you might have to watch it with head sets, depending on how quiet your surroundings are.....The sound is a bit lower compared to the links below.
The link above is also a bit longer ( probably due to credits ).

The link below has much better sound, it is in English, but with subtitles in Arabic.
Try each one, to see which one is better for you.

I watched a version of this movie a couple of years ago, and it was very good.
I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

May Saint Padre Pio, Pray for us!  :pray2: :pray3:

The link below has a very clear definition, it is a bit shorter. And it is also in
English, with subtitles in Arabic.

Prayerful

:pray1:

Got an indult to avoid the transitional changes, although was prevailed upon once to face the people for Mass, a photo which is so often used.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Kathleen

What a wonderful thread!

Padre Pio's Favorite Sacred Heart Novena
(Padre Pio prayed it frequently for those that asked for his prayers)

O my Jesus, Thou hast said: "Truly I say to you, ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you." Behold I knock, I seek and ask <intention>

Pater, Ave, Gloria

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee.

O my Jesus, Thou hast said: "Truly I say to you, if you ask any thing of the Father in My name, He will give it to you." Behold, in Thy name, I ask the Father <intention>

Pater, Ave, Gloria

O my Jesus, Thou hast said: "Truly I say to you, heaven and earth will pass away but My words will not pass away." Encouraged by Thy infallible words I now ask <intention>

Pater, Ave, Gloria

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, for whom it is impossible not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us miserable sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of Thee, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Thy tender mother and ours.

Hail, Holy Queen . . .

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

St. Joseph, foster father of Jesus, pray for us.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Kathleen on September 23, 2021, 08:15:10 PM
What a wonderful thread!

Padre Pio's Favorite Sacred Heart Novena
(Padre Pio prayed it frequently for those that asked for his prayers)

O my Jesus, Thou hast said: "Truly I say to you, ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you." Behold I knock, I seek and ask <intention>

Pater, Ave, Gloria

O my Jesus, Thou hast said: "Truly I say to you, if you ask any thing of the Father in My name, He will give it to you." Behold, in Thy name, I ask the Father <intention>

Pater, Ave, Gloria

O my Jesus, Thou hast said: "Truly I say to you, heaven and earth will pass away but My words will not pass away." Encouraged by Thy infallible words I now ask <intention>

Pater, Ave, Gloria

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, for whom it is impossible not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us miserable sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of Thee, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Thy tender mother and ours.

Hail, Holy Queen . . .

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

St. Joseph, foster father of Jesus, pray for us.

Dear Mrs. Kathleen, :seeya:

I am glad that you liked this thread!
Thank you, for your kind words, and for posting in the thread!
I also appreciate the Novena you posted. God Bless you for that! :pray2:

Have a HAPPY FEAST DAY!! :pray3: :pray2: