It Is Crucial to Talk Openly About Vaccine Side Effects

Started by Vetus Ordo, July 23, 2021, 12:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

It Is Crucial to Talk Openly About Vaccine Side Effects if We Are to Defeat the COVID Pandemic

In Sci Tech Daily.

New research from Aarhus BSS at Aarhus University shows that openness about the effectiveness and side effects of vaccines bolster confidence in the health authorities, and this is a crucial factor if we are to defeat the coronavirus pandemic.

"When communication about vaccines is not transparent, it triggers uncertainty and people feel they may be misled," says Michael Bang Petersen, professor of political science at Aarhus BSS, Aarhus University. Credit: Aarhus University

Concerns have been raised about the AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines regarding very rare but potentially fatal side effects related to low blood platelet counts and blood clots. Recently, reports also emerged that the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine may cause a rare yet serious side effect: heart inflammation. Concerns about side effects may trigger vaccine hesitancy, which the WHO considers one of 'Ten threats to global health'. Securing sufficient acceptance of vaccines is a key challenge in defeating the coronavirus pandemic, both now and in the future.

How can health authorities and politicians help ensure public acceptance of vaccines, which  – their rare side effects aside – have proven effective in preventing serious Covid-19 disease? The best way to do this is to talk openly about all aspects of the vaccines including potential negative aspects such as side effects. "How to communicate about the vaccines is a real dilemma. Politicians have a desire to stop the pandemic as quickly as possible, and this may give them an incentive to tone down the negative sides of the vaccines in order to vaccinate as many people as possible," says Michael Bang Petersen, professor of political science at Aarhus BSS, Aarhus University. "But our research shows that it does not foster support for vaccination when communication about the vaccines is reassuring, but vague. On the contrary, vague communication weakens people's confidence in the health authorities, and feeds conspiracy theories. When communication is not transparent, it triggers uncertainty and people feel they may be misled," says Michael Bang Petersen.

Together with colleagues from Aarhus BSS at Aarhus University, he has studied the effect of different ways of communicating about vaccines. The study included 13,000 participants, half of them Americans and the other half Danes, and the results have just been published in the widely recognized journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS).

Vague communication feeds conspiracies

The results of the study show that open communication fosters support for the vaccines if it transparently describes neutral and positive facts about the vaccines. However, the willingness to be vaccinated declines when the communication is open about negative features of the vaccine. "Transparency about the negative features of a vaccine creates hesitancy. But this hesitancy is reason-based, and accordingly health authorities still have the possibility of communicating with citizens and explain to them why it may still be advisable to accept the vaccine," says Michael Bang Petersen. On the other hand, vague or reassuring communication, where negative features of the vaccines are toned down, lowers acceptance of vaccines. The reason is that vague communication creates a sense of hesitancy and uncertainty, and this in turn feeds conspiracy theories and reduces confidence in the health authorities.

Trust is essential

The advantage of open communication – also about the negative features – is that it prevents conspiracy theories from spreading while at the same time boosting trust in the health authorities. According to the researchers, this is key to defeating the coronavirus pandemic. "Maintaining trust in the health authorities is extremely important because this is the most crucial factor in securing public support for the vaccines. Communicating transparently about vaccines secures the single most important factor for sustaining vaccine acceptance," says Michael Bang Petersen, and he continues: "Openness ensures long-term trust, and this is crucial if we are to be revaccinated, or in relation to the next major health crisis."

Reference: "Transparent communication about negative features of COVID-19 vaccines decreases acceptance but increases trust" by Michael Bang Petersen, Alexander Bor, Frederik Jørgensen and Marie Fly Lindholt, 2 July 2021, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. DOI: 10.1073/pnas.2024597118

Facts about the research:

• The new findings are part of a large-scale data-driven research project entitled HOPE – How Democracies Cope with COVID-19. The project is financed by the Carlsberg Foundation and headed by Professor Michael Bang Petersen.
  • Method: Pre-registered experimental studies with a total of more than 13,000 participants, half of them Danes and the other half Americans.
  • The research has been published in the article  "Transparent communication about negative features of COVID-19 vaccines decreases acceptance but increases trust" in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS).
  • Authors: Professor Michael Bang Petersen, Postdoc Alexander Bor, Postdoc Frederik Jørgensen, and Research Assistant Marie Fly Lindholt from the Department of Political Science at Aarhus BSS, Aarhus University.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

james03

They should start by talking open and honestly about the mortality rate of the Wuhan virus, and especially among children.  They should then progress to the complete absurdity of wearing a face nappy.

I think after that a discussion on vaccine side effects would be moot. 
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Christina_S

I definitely agree. When people are being silenced for wanting to discuss side effects of the jab, it only fuels the flames of leftist hear-no-evil radicals and the ultra crazy "the-vax-will-make-you-grow-a-second-head" nutters.

Anecdotally, I have several in-laws who are quite unwilling to talk about the possibility of adverse reactions. Whenever we bring it up with them, they just move on to "Well Covid has killed so many people! Don't you care about the health of this family?" They're willing to make martyrs of themselves so that life can go "back to normal" and yet they don't seem to see how twisted that line of reasoning is.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Christina_S on September 27, 2021, 12:21:04 PM
"Well Covid has killed so many people! Don't you care about the health of this family?"

"No, I do not.  Not at all.  It is not and never has been my responsibility to put things in my body for the sake of your body.  You are hereby excommunicated from the family."
this page left intentionally blank

LausTibiChriste

I definitely agree. When people are being silenced for wanting to discuss side effects of the jab, it only fuels the flames of leftist hear-no-evil radicals and the ultra crazy "the-vax-will-make-you-grow-a-second-head" nutters.

Anecdotally, I have several in-laws who are quite unwilling to talk about the possibility of adverse reactions. Whenever we bring it up with them, they just move on to "Well Covid has killed so many people! Don't you care about the health of this family?" They're willing to make martyrs of themselves so that life can go "back to normal" and yet they don't seem to see how twisted that line of reasoning is.

Are we related? Because your in-laws sound exactly like my entire family.

Don't know where in Canuckistan you're from, but I'm from the left-coast. Home of the virtue signaller.

If I get one more, "Well those people who don't take it are terrible because they think tHe RuLeS dOnT aPpLy To ThEm" I'm gonna f***ing snap.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Christina_S

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 27, 2021, 12:29:37 PM

Are we related? Because your in-laws sound exactly like my entire family.

Don't know where in Canuckistan you're from, but I'm from the left-coast. Home of the virtue signaller.

If I get one more, "Well those people who don't take it are terrible because they think tHe RuLeS dOnT aPpLy To ThEm" I'm gonna f***ing snap.
I'm from the Texas of Canada.  ;) We recently moved to the national capital region and I lowkey want to die. Within a week of moving, my husband said (rather seriously), "Did we move to hell?" So many signs for the Liberals were up for the election, which is vastly different from the cozy blue of home. I thought the mask harpies back in Alberta were bad, but Quebecois mask harpies are worse.

And yeah, I'll probably be snapping with you! It's not that the rules don't apply to me. It's that they're unjust and unconstitutional, so therefore, not a rule.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Frank

I disagree with Vetus. I think that if the side effects are discussed openly and honestly the refuseniks and unjabbed will be horrified and even more determined in their vacc avoidance.

Moreover, I think the jabbed will start having terrible buyer remorse.
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Frank on November 01, 2021, 11:16:34 PM
I disagree with Vetus. I think that if the side effects are discussed openly and honestly the refuseniks and unjabbed will be horrified and even more determined in their vacc avoidance.

This much is already clear.

But it's not the first time the government and media colluded to lie about side effects.  Look into the 1970s swine flu jab.
this page left intentionally blank

Frank

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on November 02, 2021, 06:23:50 AM

This much is already clear.

But it's not the first time the government and media colluded to lie about side effects.  Look into the 1970s swine flu jab.

Another instance of collusion.

[yt][/yt]

Frank

Well, here's another fine mess you've gotten us into, Fauci"

QuoteDr. Elizabeth Eads is on the front line of medicine treating patients who have been injected with the experimental CV19 so-called "vaccines."  Dr. Eads has 25 years of experience in North East Florida hospitals.  Dr. Eads contends the injections (or jabs) are not vaccines.  They are "bioweapons," and the jabs are not medicine that is intended to help or cure people.  Dr. Eads says, "We are seeing from the jabs all kinds of under-reported side effects.  We are seeing infertility in women.  We are seeing miscarriages.  We are seeing myocarditis, pericarditis, pulmonary embolisms and blood clots everywhere in the body.  We are seeing swollen lymph nodes and swollen testicles.  Dr. Ryan Cole has reported an increase of cancers, and we are seeing that as well in the hospitals.  We are seeing blood clots and strokes and hemorrhagic strokes, dementias and strokes and blood clots in young people too."

Dr. Eads says the adverse reactions and deaths are way undercounted.  Dr. Eads contends doctors are keeping quiet to keep their jobs just like Nazi Germany before WWII.  Dr. Eads explains, "This is worse than Nazi camps and Dr. Mengele and his experimentation.  MIT came out last week with an estimate of 500,000 deaths (because of CV19 injections).  They looked at all of the reporting agencies . . . and their numbers are close to 500,000 deaths already, and we know that VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) only reports one percent. . . . . We are looking at 500,000, and we are going into flu season now.  These people who received the jab have no immune system left.  There are going to be mass deaths this winter, and I bet we are going to reach number in the millions."

Dr. Eads goes on to highlight how medically reckless the CV19 jabs and the mass experimental human drug trials really are.  Dr. Eads says, "There are no control groups.  This is completely out of control.  There is no oversight.  There is absolutely no FDA, no CDC, no review board oversight, nobody is following up on those that were in the study or following up on their progress, adverse reactions or antibody levels. . . . When this vaccine was rolled out, the boxes came with a completely blank package insert—completely blank.  That is against all prescribing rules.  Even as of this week, the package insert for ingredients is still blank. . . .This is completely out of control and completely dangerous.  There is no informed consent being given.  How can you give informed consent to a patient when you don't know what's in it?  You can't say because we don't have any study on what the adverse effects are."

There is much more in the 45 minute interview, including how much the hospital gets paid for getting you on a ventilator, which few survive.