Banned from FE... and proud of it!

Started by tmw89, December 26, 2012, 09:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Quote from: tmw89 on December 27, 2012, 09:18:20 PM
Welcome to SD, Ben - hope you enjoy your time here!  Feel free to make an Intro thread in this subforum if you want  :)

Thanks tmw!

What does "tmw" stand for? Or, for what does "tmw" stand?

And which one is correct?

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Ben on December 27, 2012, 09:13:44 PM
I saw your link here: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/index.php/topic,3456026.0.html

So here I am. I know of some of you. Others I may know of but your new names throw me off.

Welcome, Ben!  I hope you like it here.  :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lyubov

??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Ben

tmw89

Quote from: Ben on December 27, 2012, 09:41:47 PM
Welcome to SD, Ben - hope you enjoy your time here!  Feel free to make an Intro thread in this subforum if you want  :)

Thanks tmw!

"tmw" --> secret codename (hidden in plain sight of course) for when "Project B.A.G.E.L." goes into effect  ;)

Alexander Pope spun in his grave upon your typing the former question, but settled down when you rephrased it in the latter iteration, so...
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Pheo

Whoa, those were some lame bans.  Good to see you here though tmw et al.

At least Vox let the link stand on FE.  If nothing else, I'm looking forward to another place to get my daily fix of 30+ yahoo news links ;)
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Lyubov

??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

tmw89

Quote from: Pheo on December 28, 2012, 12:11:51 AM

Good to see you here as well, Pheo!

Quote from: Pheo on December 28, 2012, 12:11:51 AMIf nothing else, I'm looking forward to another place to get my daily fix of 30+ yahoo news links ;)

lol, I certainly catch not the reference  ;)
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Pheo on December 28, 2012, 12:11:51 AM

At least Vox let the link stand on FE.  If nothing else, I'm looking forward to another place to get my daily fix of 30+ yahoo news links ;)

Hi Pheo!

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Ben

Quote from: tmw89 on December 27, 2012, 10:16:46 PM
Quote from: Ben on December 27, 2012, 09:41:47 PM

Thanks tmw!

"tmw" --> secret codename (hidden in plain sight of course) for when "Project B.A.G.E.L." goes into effect  ;)

Alexander Pope spun in his grave upon your typing the former question, but settled down when you rephrased it in the latter iteration, so...

Good to know!

I thought "tmw" might stand for "too much wine."

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Ben on December 28, 2012, 08:45:17 AM
Good to know!

Depends when you catch him....

;D

ServusSpiritusSancti

Sorry you were banned from FE, tmw. Nice to have you here instead.

I had ceased posting there several months ago. Had I continued, I probably wouldn't have lasted long.

tmw89

Quote from: Ben on December 28, 2012, 08:45:17 AMI thought "tmw" might stand for "too much wine."

LOL

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 28, 2012, 09:06:21 AM
Quote from: Ben on December 28, 2012, 08:45:17 AM
Good to know!

Depends when you catch him....

;D

Too true, too true

Quote from: ServumSpiritusSanctus on December 28, 2012, 09:57:29 AM
Sorry you were banned from FE, tmw. Nice to have you here instead.

I had ceased posting there several months ago. Had I continued, I probably wouldn't have lasted long.

Thanks, SS.  In retrospect, I'm rather surprised I lasted as long as I did!

---

ServusSpiritusSancti

I just noticed that I have been banned from FE myself.

I had not logged into FE in two months, and have not even posted there since August or September. I tried to log in today and it said I was banned.

Vox didn't give me a reason for my banishment, but I'm guessing she saw me say on CI not too long ago that she was soft on gays. That's probably why I was banned. She likely banned me weeks ago.

Mr. Mysterious

Quote from: tmw89 on December 27, 2012, 03:51:21 PM
Quote from: Spooky on December 27, 2012, 11:15:37 AM
I guess there was a purge; curious to know who got the ban-hammer besides tmw...

The best part is that I was banned after a nearly three month absence for one day of snark.  Snark primarily against the modernist shill, Scriptorium - whose heretical NO nonsense masquerading as "Catholic" thought should be enough to make anyone with a decent Sensus Catholicus vomit a little into their mouth.  But taken in a broader context... in the fifteen months preceding the ban, I paid up a monthly subscription fee in the first twelve months.  As I went on a kind of hiatus following the (temporary) bans of several of my friends there in late September, I suppose I happened to make that fatal mistake of neglecting to pay up for protection.  And for what?  Playing on the absurdity of Scriptorium's posts?  Making the "Would this or that canonization make you go sede" poll in the Cornfield, which the site ownership has claimed is not even a "real" part of the forum?  I should think a year's worth of donations (totaling almost $150), three years of membership AND linking people to Amazon with the FE URL code (who knows how much that profited the owner) would count for something against a day of snark - twelve posts, if I recall correctly.  God love a certain physician from Mumbai who posts there  ;) but the man literally told another user in graphic detail to snuff himself out and he is still on FE.  That incident has since been purged from the Cornfield, for good reason, but for those of us who recall the incident it illustrates an awful double-standard - as this poster happens to fall in the sedeplenist line, snarks accordingly, he is permitted.  But wo to the sedes!  As if sedevacantist Catholics are lepers...

At any rate, apologies to Spooky and the rest of you for the rant.  I don't regret the time I spent on FE - I made great friends there, many who have emigrated over to this forum.  I'm glad we now have a casual Trad Catholic forum run by a competent admin; if that's the only good that's come of all the craziness of FE, then I wouldn't have it any other way.

Give yourself a pat on the back.  Not only has that place  been infested and taken over by non Trads for some time now but it's known in some circles as "The JayneK Message Board."

If you look at the individuals who make up the majority of the financial contributors to that site, most of them are self described non Trads or those phony Trads who think that the Pope is irresistable among other issues (the only exceptions I can think of are Spooky and possibly Wholly Roamin' Catholic). They're the ones driving the agenda over there and don't be surprised if at some point in time that the Pope John Paul II Random Quote Generator vanishes from existence thanks to the Crybaby Collective.

Comfort yourself with this thought: when all the solid Trads bolt that site and it becomes nothing more than a version of Catholic Answers with the incense and chant, the ones remaining will turn on each other. Mark my words.

"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33