Banned from FE... and proud of it!

Started by tmw89, December 26, 2012, 09:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmw89

Ladies and gentlemen,

After a hiatus of nearly three months, I returned to the tank the other day, made maybe ten or twelve posts, and...

...now this is my home, and I wouldn't have it any other way  :D
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Mithrandylan

Haha, I see we're copy n pasta everything from the old forum on here.

Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

EcceQuamBonum

So, this is FE redux?  Hahahaha.

Also, who are these "Ladies"?  Are we expecting any sometime soon?   ;)
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Bonaventure

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on December 26, 2012, 10:04:16 PM

Let's hope so!
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

tmw89

Quote from: Mithrandylan on December 26, 2012, 09:58:07 PM
Haha, I see we're copy n pasta everything from the old forum on here.

Now if only we all had ACTUAL pasta...

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on December 26, 2012, 10:04:16 PM
So, this is FE redux?  Hahahaha.

There may be one lurking around here and you don't even know it!

(...and no, it's not me)
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

tmw89

Introduce Yourself to Suscipe Domine!

What brings you to SD?  Want of a casual but good Catholic forum.

Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)?  Was a member of FE.  Am a member of CathInfo and the Bellarmine forum but haven't posted much on the former, and still haven't posted at all on the latter.

Why did you choose your username and avatar?  I've heard I resemble Guy Fawkes with a dark background behind me.

What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning?  Single/discerning.

Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!)  The United States of China, as of several years from now.

Personality type?  INTJ

Favorite books?  Denzinger, Urban Dynamics

Favorite movies?  A Brighter Summer Day, Touch of Evil, Alphaville, Vertigo

Favorite TV shows?  Nothing recent.

Favorite sports/teams:  I like watching football occasionally, and root for the Steelers.

Have any hobbies?  Collecting books and other media.

Pet peeves:  Promotion/"defense" of the Novus Ordo Missae

Fun random fact about yourself:  I part my hair on the right side (that's MY right, YOUR left)

---

Spooky

I guess there was a purge; curious to know who got the ban-hammer besides tmw...

Elliott

Quote from: tmw89 on December 26, 2012, 11:47:35 PM

Fun random fact about yourself:  I part my hair on the right side (that's MY right, YOUR left)

My left if I'm facing the same direction as you or my right if I'm facing you (assuming you are right side up)?

dust

Hello. Practicing Catholic, 56 years old, remember vague bits of pre-Vatican II, really disgusted with the current situation within the US Church. Have been becoming more interested in Pre V-II history and the events of the Council.
Attend N.O. since the nearest Tridentine Mass is 40 to 50 miles one way. Live in South Carolina with two  Diocesan Authorized Tridentine Masses and one Sede Parish 200 miles away. There is an SSPX Chapel 45 miles north, and i am looking to do a road trip soon. Chances of any Tridentine Masses in my area are nil. Local Parishes are served by the Congregation of the Oratory (CO) and this group bares NO resemblance to their English counterparts. Ask once about the possibility of a Tridentine Mass. Lets just say the answer was no.
Permanently banned from CAF, still allowed on FE.
"The Truth is still the Truth, even if nobody believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everybody believes it." ++ Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
"Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris"

Lyubov

Quote from: dust on December 27, 2012, 02:40:37 PM
Hello. Practicing Catholic, 56 years old, remember vague bits of pre-Vatican II, really disgusted with the current situation within the US Church. Have been becoming more interested in Pre V-II history and the events of the Council.
Attend N.O. since the nearest Tridentine Mass is 40 to 50 miles one way. Live in South Carolina with two  Diocesan Authorized Tridentine Masses and one Sede Parish 200 miles away. There is an SSPX Chapel 45 miles north, and i am looking to do a road trip soon. Chances of any Tridentine Masses in my area are nil. Local Parishes are served by the Congregation of the Oratory (CO) and this group bares NO resemblance to their English counterparts. Ask once about the possibility of a Tridentine Mass. Lets just say the answer was no.

Hello, dust! :)
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

tmw89

Quote from: Spooky on December 27, 2012, 11:15:37 AM
I guess there was a purge; curious to know who got the ban-hammer besides tmw...

The best part is that I was banned after a nearly three month absence for one day of snark.  Snark primarily against the modernist shill, Scriptorium - whose heretical NO nonsense masquerading as "Catholic" thought should be enough to make anyone with a decent Sensus Catholicus vomit a little into their mouth.  But taken in a broader context... in the fifteen months preceding the ban, I paid up a monthly subscription fee in the first twelve months.  As I went on a kind of hiatus following the (temporary) bans of several of my friends there in late September, I suppose I happened to make that fatal mistake of neglecting to pay up for protection.  And for what?  Playing on the absurdity of Scriptorium's posts?  Making the "Would this or that canonization make you go sede" poll in the Cornfield, which the site ownership has claimed is not even a "real" part of the forum?  I should think a year's worth of donations (totaling almost $150), three years of membership AND linking people to Amazon with the FE URL code (who knows how much that profited the owner) would count for something against a day of snark - twelve posts, if I recall correctly.  God love a certain physician from Mumbai who posts there  ;) but the man literally told another user in graphic detail to snuff himself out and he is still on FE.  That incident has since been purged from the Cornfield, for good reason, but for those of us who recall the incident it illustrates an awful double-standard - as this poster happens to fall in the sedeplenist line, snarks accordingly, he is permitted.  But wo to the sedes!  As if sedevacantist Catholics are lepers...

At any rate, apologies to Spooky and the rest of you for the rant.  I don't regret the time I spent on FE - I made great friends there, many who have emigrated over to this forum.  I'm glad we now have a casual Trad Catholic forum run by a competent admin; if that's the only good that's come of all the craziness of FE, then I wouldn't have it any other way.

---

tmw89

Quote from: Elliott on December 27, 2012, 11:27:58 AM
Quote from: tmw89 on December 26, 2012, 11:47:35 PM

My left if I'm facing the same direction as you or my right if I'm facing you (assuming you are right side up)?

If you are looking directly at me, and I'm "right side up," the part in my hair would be closer to your left-hand side.

#confusedmuchlol

---

Kaesekopf

It wasn't only sedevacantists that got banned over at FE, recall...   ;)

Also, "competent admin?"  I think you are too generous!  hahaha.  Let's hope so. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

tmw89

Quote from: dust on December 27, 2012, 02:40:37 PM

Welcome to SD, dust!  I wish you well in your pursuit of the SSPX chapel (you might want to consider checking out a few other alphabet soup groups, no doubt you'll see references to them throughout this site,) and recommend you three books:  Iota Unum, Work of Human Hands, and the Books of Accusation by the Abbe de Nantes (the last of which are all available for free, online - a Google search of the pertinent terms should get you there).

If you stick it out long enough, you'll see the world of Trad Catholicism can seem a tad tribal at times - but don't become discouraged.  As this forum's position states, it is the Modernists who are our enemies, not one another  :D

---

tmw89

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 27, 2012, 03:56:06 PM
It wasn't only sedevacantists that got banned over at FE, recall...   ;)

Also, "competent admin?"  I think you are too generous!  hahaha.  Let's hope so.

True, true - the "hardline SSPX" contingent has fallen victim to Vox "Bites the Hand that Feeds Her" Clamantis as well.

And so far as your competence as admin is concerned, especially in these hours after going live I am very optimistic  8)

---