the jewish so-called "earth's rotation"

Started by Hugues de Payns, March 10, 2020, 06:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugues de Payns

Quote from: Hugues de Payns on March 20, 2020, 03:50:20 AM
Quote from: Daniel on March 18, 2020, 05:15:33 AM
Without a diagram, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by A' and B'.

What I'm saying is, if the train is moving forward 40 mph, and you jump off of it sideways at e.g. 1 mph, then you are still moving forward 40 mph even when you're in the air. (Because when you're "connected" to the train, you're going forward at 40 mph. And that speed doesn't just disappear the moment you disconnect.)
So, relative to the train's new location, you'd land perpendicular. But the train has moved forward, so, relative to the ground, you don't land perpendicular from where you jumped off. (From a bird's eye view, you're moving on a diagonal. Mostly forward, but a little to the side.)

Will I be losing the train speed after the jump out from this train ?

I do not see the answer so I assume that I will be losing the train speed after the jump out from this train. Please refer (or someone else) to this (the second answer from the top)  https://www.quora.com/If-I-jump-inside-an-accelerating-train-will-I-land-at-a-spot-behind-where-I-jumped

"To take a wider view the ground accelerates the entire train, including the floor you were standing on.  As long as you were in contact with the floor, it can exert forces on you that accelerate you with the rest of the train.  The instant you lost contact with the floor, these forces vanish (all forces are local!).  In the absence of any horizontal force, your horizontal acceleration goes to zero, and the horizontal component of your velocity remains the same until you land on the floor behind where you jumped.  In the train frame of reference it would seem as if there was a force pushing you backwards, but there is no such force.  The train is moving faster than you in the other direction.

The idea of all forces being local seems to be contradicted by gravitational and electromagnetic forces, but no one has been able to really make sense of such forces without using the field concept.  Gravitational and electromagnetic fields are considered to be at least as real by physicists today as the ordinary objects all around us, and these fields act locally to produce forces."
About the heresy of Christianity of heretics (protestantism and orthodoxy) is here (the correct, enclosed message can be downloaded at the bottom) https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=22978.0

james03

Suppose you are on a bullet train going 150 mph.  You see a post ahead.  You jump from the train 1 foot ahead of the post.  You will slam into the post at 150 mph (less some wind resistance slow down, very minor) and turn into a pink mist.  I suggest you not try this experiment.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Heinrich

If one gets a running start in the train and jumps on a perp. plane out the door the momentum vacuum will lurch him parallel along train, only to be stopped by concrete post?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Hugues de Payns

Quote from: james03 on March 30, 2020, 08:37:57 AM
Suppose you are on a bullet train going 150 mph.  You see a post ahead.  You jump from the train 1 foot ahead of the post.  You will slam into the post at 150 mph (less some wind resistance slow down, very minor) and turn into a pink mist.  I suggest you not try this experiment.

It is not about this whether I will slam into the post but "Will I be losing the train speed after the jump out from this train ?" because if I will be losing then this is the evidence that one of the walls would kill me and there is no so-called "earth's rotation" (look at my introducing commentary on this topic).
About the heresy of Christianity of heretics (protestantism and orthodoxy) is here (the correct, enclosed message can be downloaded at the bottom) https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=22978.0

aquinas138

Quote from: Hugues de Payns on March 31, 2020, 01:20:52 AM
Quote from: james03 on March 30, 2020, 08:37:57 AM

It is not about this whether I will slam into the post but "Will I be losing the train speed after the jump out from this train ?" because if I will be losing then this is the evidence that one of the walls would kill me and there is no so-called "earth's rotation" (look at my introducing commentary on this topic).

As james03 mentioned, you lose a minimal amount due to wind resistance, but this force is not enough to overcome the much greater force of the train's forward velocity. Newton's First Law of Motion says that an object continues to move at a constant velocity (or stays at rest) unless acted upon by a force. Wind resistance slows down your forward velocity, but only to a very small degree. Your forward motion in jumping off the train is stopped when you slam into the post. Otherwise, if there were no post, you jump and continue along the forward vector until you hit the ground, which ends the forward motion. If you jumped off the train the instant you passed the post, you would not land immediately behind the post, but further along from it, since you left the train with the train's forward velocity.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Truthseeker

Maybe there is the rotation. Who knows... 

AlNg

Quote from: Gardener on March 15, 2020, 08:30:59 PMThe OP might wish to look up the Coriolis Effect and its use in aerial navigation, artillery fire, and long range precision shooting.
And of course the Foucault Pendulum.

Jean Carrier

I thought there was a moratorium on discussion of geocentrism? Or does that not apply to the proposition that the earth is unmoving?
All mankind was in the ark with Noah : all the Church is with me on the rock of Pensicola!
- Pope St. Benedict XIII, in response to the emissaries of Anti-Emperor Sigismund and the Conciliarist Council of Constance who demanded his resignation

Santantonio

Quote from: Jean Carrier on July 03, 2023, 10:00:34 AMI thought there was a moratorium on discussion of geocentrism? Or does that not apply to the proposition that the earth is unmoving?

It isn't related unless one supposes so. The Earth doesn't have to be the center to be either non-rotating or non-revolving. It can be non-revolving but rotating, or rotating but non-revolving (around the sun). For discussion sake.

AlNg

Quote from: Hugues de Payns on March 11, 2020, 02:32:56 PMwhat do you think drives me then to the same speed which the train hath ?
Momentum.
One of the scientists responsible for convincing others of the rotation of the earth was Jean Bernard Leon Foucault.  He introduced the Foucault pendulum as a tool to illustrate the rotation of he earth. BTW, Foucault died as a Catholic, so any claim that this experiment is related to Jewish culture is ridiculous.  BTW, is it true that there is a certain amount of anti-semitism on this site?

Joseph_3

Long range artillery calculations have to account for the Earth's rotation. It does have an effect on the trajectory of objects in flight.

Next question.

Khalid

Within Islam (among those of us who haven't been corrupted by the kufr thinking of the Mu'tazila; *cough* modern Asharis *cough*) it is considered a divinely revealed truth in the Qur'an that the Earth is immobile and orbited by the Sun. The Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Abd al-Aziz Ibn Baz, famously defended this teaching publically in the 20th Century. Admittedly the about-face regarding this teaching in Catholicism is a stumbling block for me, but it doesn't seem that geocentrism was ever formally taught by the Papal Magisterium.
One can not go against the word of God
- Paul Muad'dib Atreides, Dune (1984)

AlNg

Quote from: Khalid on August 07, 2023, 06:06:26 PMit is considered a divinely revealed truth in the Qur'an that the Earth is immobile
The Sagnac effect, the Foucault pendulum, the coriolis effect, the diurnal aberration all indicate that the earth is rotating. Further,  because the earth is rotating, the satellites are carried along with the earth's rotation, which allows them to maintain a stable orbit. If the earth were stationary, satellites would not be able to stay in orbit.
I don't see where this has anything to do specifically with Judaism.

Khalid

Quote from: AlNg on August 07, 2023, 07:55:56 PM
Quote from: Khalid on August 07, 2023, 06:06:26 PMit is considered a divinely revealed truth in the Qur'an that the Earth is immobile
The Sagnac effect, the Foucault pendulum, the coriolis effect, the diurnal aberration all indicate that the earth is rotating. Further,  because the earth is rotating, the satellites are carried along with the earth's rotation, which allows them to maintain a stable orbit. If the earth were stationary, satellites would not be able to stay in orbit.
I don't see where this has anything to do specifically with Judaism.

I don't put much stock in the supposed findings of the "physical sciences" nor the philosophical presuppositions underlying them. I trust my own two eyes and divine revelation; with the latter having primacy over the former.

That said, I don't see how Judaism relates either. Historically the Jews interpreted the Geocentric passages of the Old Testament identically to the pre-18th/19th century Catholic Exegetes; and said exegesis was identical to the exegesis of similar passages in the Qur'an. It was a cosmology shared by all three religions. Plus, neither Copernicus nor Galileo nor Newton were Jews (though Newton was a hermetic).
One can not go against the word of God
- Paul Muad'dib Atreides, Dune (1984)

AlNg

Quote from: Khalid on August 07, 2023, 08:08:48 PMI trust my own two eye
Your own two eyes can observe the Foucault pendulum.
Further there are communications satellites which can be observed to be in geostationary orbits. If the earth is not rotating, why do you suppose that these geostationary communications satellites do not fall to earth under the force of gravity?