Downton Abbey (spoilers!)

Started by Kaesekopf, January 21, 2013, 02:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 06, 2013, 01:39:37 PM
She just looks serious.

But then, she always looks serious.

I was referring to her clothing, not her state of mind.

OCLittleFlower

Thanks, Piabee!

That said, six months at the beginning of the season says nothing about the time scope of the whole season.   :P
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on March 06, 2013, 02:34:27 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 06, 2013, 01:39:37 PM
She just looks serious.

But then, she always looks serious.

I was referring to her clothing, not her state of mind.

I know.  :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Someone1776

Predictions for Downton Abbey, Season 4:

-The decline of the aristocracy shall continue.
-Everyone will hate Bates for no reason other than he is the nicest guy imaginable.
-Someone will overhear someone saying something meant to be private...in every single episode.
-Carson will absolutely refuse some modernist novelty until he snaps like a twig when Mrs. Hughes places the smallest amount of pressure on him.
-Thomas will come up with some elaborate somewhat evil plot to advance himself, but it will backfire on him. Then he will give a monologue about how hard it is to be different and we will feel sorry for him.
-Edith will continue involving herself with men who she cannot possibly be happy with.
-Mary will say incredibly nasty things and then feel sorry when no one is around.
-Daisy will still look 18 even though she should be approaching 30 now.
-Branson will be conflicted about continuing to live at Downton Abbey after Ireland is granted independence. 
-The dowager countess will not be amused by any of this and says something that amuses all of us. 

Kaesekopf

Someone, why must you ruin everything?

Also, Daisy is supposed to be 18?  o.O

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Someone1776

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 06, 2013, 04:06:42 PM
Someone, why must you ruin everything?

Also, Daisy is supposed to be 18?  o.O

She should be approaching to 30. When the show starts she is very young as she is new to service. 

Basically, my complaint is that even though nine years have passed during the course of the show none of the characters have aged. 

piabee

Quote from: Someone1776 on March 06, 2013, 04:21:25 PM
She should be approaching to 30. When the show starts she is very young as she is new to service. 

Basically, my complaint is that even though nine years have passed during the course of the show none of the characters have aged.

She could have been like 15 when it started. So, 24 and menopausal.

Someone1776

Quote from: piabee on March 06, 2013, 04:44:25 PM

Well, at least she is widowed. 

Kaesekopf

Pretty late for menopause, no?

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 06, 2013, 05:17:34 PM

Pretty late for menopause, no?

;D
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

LouisIX

Finished the 3rd season last week.  I was mostly just annoyed with the last episode.  I think the writing on the show has declined.  Characters are literally introduced at the beginning of an episode just to cause drama and then they're dropped by the end.  A lot of the tensions we felt in the first season are now contrived.  It is solidly in the category of soap opera now (though it does have more depth than Days of Our Lives).

It's still pretty good for a lot of reasons and I'll keep watching it, however.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.